Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 853 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 165
marywoods wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 10:49 PM

To Merlich, ZassZ and the whole crowd,

The vest is finished!!  As soon as I can, I will get some pictures posted for everyone.  It turned out better than I expected, since it was an experiment.  The next project on the needles is a pair of socks for a good friend of mine that I don't get to see very often.  I am making them as a thank-you for some help with a rough time I was having some time ago.  She helped me through it and as always never asks for anything in return.  Gotta love the girl.

Anyway, it has finally warmed up around here.  It got up to 41 degrees today so now all the snow and ice is melting and making a nasty slushy slick mess of things.  The weather is suppose to be going back to the usual winter cold in the next couple days, so we'll see.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 11:15 PM

Hullo, WendyJ!

Wonderful you are back!!!! On the contrary, we missed you A LOT!!  Of course we remember you. We've never forgotten you. How was your moving? I can imagine it was a hard situation to be in. Last time I moved it took me six months to pack. Just a little every day since making a lot of effort does not make me good, it makes me swell and feel a lot of pain.

Your hedgehog is lovely! As you use to, your work is beautiful! How is the little mice town doing? Where do you have them? I can't forget them neither. They are so beautiful. One more question (I hope you don't mind such a lot of questions, you've been out for such a lot of time). What did they tell you at the Donkey Sanctuary about all the donkeys you gave them for helping? They were gorgeous!

Happy to reading from you again! Welcome back!

Send you lots of hugs!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 11:27 PM

Hi Mary,

Wonderful you are done with your vest. Glad to know it turned out better than you expected.

Your friend will have a very nice surprise with that pair of socks you'll knit for her. She'll really feel you care about her.

Thanks God the weather is getting better where you live. I do hope too, the forecasters don't be wrong as they always do.

Looking forward to seeing your vest's pic soon!

Hugs!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 107
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 9:27 AM

Hi Zass, Merlich, Mary and everyone else.

Many thanks for your kind comments.  I have  moved to a small village called  Worsthorne  which is on the outskirts of Burnley ( Lancashire, England) - you can look it up on Google Street view  -  it is only a 20 minute bus ride to Burnley town but it is so peaceful here.  I still  have some sorting out to do, but mostly everything is in place.  I am really glad to be able to start knitting again and hope to have some more dolls to post soon.  The Dickensian Mice I knitted found a new home, My friends came over to visit from Las Vegas and guess what they took home with them.   The Donkey Sanctuary was very happy with my little friends.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 165
marywoods wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Okay Everybody,  This Mary's Experiment.  I finished it.

Here it is.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,767
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 5:39 PM

Hi Merlich,

I know you love VK too.  I'll have to look at Knit Wear, who publishes that one?  Isn't it good to hear from Wendy?  I am glad you remembered to ask about her donkey sanctuary.  So amusing that her little mice took a long trip back to Las Vegas with her friends.  Wow, they flew over the ocean and landed a continent away. 

Hi Wendy,

Your new town sounds wonderfully relaxing.  I'll have to look it up and read a little about its history.  Glad you are mostly settled.  I spent my whole day cleaning, polishing, washing, waxing, etc.  Now I am bushed!  I had some steamed veggies for a quick lunch and I feel like taking a nap, but I am fighting it. 

Hi Mary,

Love your new vest.  This one is for you, right?  Is this the one you mention you would knit on circulars?  I was picturing you knitting in the round, but as I recall you weren't decided about the neckline. Well it turned out fabulous and here is another pretty blue fabulous project.  Congrats.   Happy it turned out just the way you wanted it too. 

Well hope all of us had a good day and hopefully a good evening as well.  It's night in one place, day in another, we are all so spread out over this world!  But it is so nice to come together here.  Person

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,767
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 6:18 PM

Hi All,

i was just reading about the area where Wendy moved.  Mary Towneley Loop the first part of 47 mi. circular route designed for horse riders, cyclists and walkers.  The area seems an incredible scenic place to enjoy. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 165
marywoods wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 12:02 AM

Hi ZassZ,

Yes the vest is the one I did in one piece and yes it is for me.  I am quite happy with the way it turned out.  There are a couple things I will tweak the next time I make one in the round, but for now, I am quite happy with.  The next project is a pair of glove to use with my new toy, a tablet PC.  I was scrolling through my favorite online yarn shop, Knit Picks and came across a really cool item, conductive thread that you knit into the index fingers and thumbs of hand knit gloves.  This allows the wearer to use their tablets and phones with touchscreens with gloves on in cold weather.  It sounds like fun.  We'll see how this works out.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,767
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 6:43 PM

Hi mary,

Now I understand what you meant - knit in the round.  I was picturing a closed vest front, thus, the knitting in the round.  But if I am understanding correctly, you used circular needles and knit back and forth?  That's what I was confused about.  Or, did you knit around and open the front by steeking?  I know that sounds strange, but you were talking about steeking. 

So how do you like your new tablet?  By the way, I came across these the other day and since you mention the fingertips in your gloves.     

They are on sale.   

Hope you are staying warm.  The weatherman is warning our temps are going to drop significantly.  Then I heard on the radio this am that the fault that runs from San Diego to San Fran. is expected to have sizeable activity.  If it only goes halfway up or halfway down it won't be as bad as all the way up because they expect CA would need to seek assistance from other sources for that would be a disaster.  Well, we can expect it, after all if other areas not prone to e.q. activity are having them left and right, we have not reason not to expect and better be prepared as best we can. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 10:57 PM

Hi WendyJ,

You are welcome! I am happy the Dickensian Mice have found a new home with your friends at Las Vegas and overjoyed they were happy with your donkeys at the Donkey Sanctuary.

Looking forward to seeing your next doll!

Enjoy your knitting!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 11:37 PM

Hi Mary,

Your vest is beautiful! The bolero I did was using the same technique: no sewing. I did it with circular needles and knitted the fronts and the back together knitting back and forth until I reached the armholes. I also used the three bind off needles, besides used the short rows technique for the shoulders and a crocheted band for the fronts and the neck. It is on page 33 on this thread. I like yours very much!

Enjoy your Knitting!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 12:38 AM

Hi ZassZ,

Knit.Wear is an Interweave's publication like Knits, Knitscene, Knitting Traditions, PieceWork, etc.

Yes, it is excellent to hear from Wendy. Last time she was here before she went near the summer she was just sending the donkeys and we all didn't know what happened with them. We were just talking about the way to pack things and how to have a good control on them. And that charming mice, are now from our side of the world, hahaha!

Take care,

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,767
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 8:59 PM

Hi Merlich,

Oh thank you.   Your explanation helped me to remember.  Back and forth on circulars to the armholes, etc.  I forgot that I also did this vest the way you explain. This was knitted some time ago though. 

I went to pagge 33 to look again at your vest in different blue colors and a little pink.  I saw again also your crepe recipe.  My daughter wanted a recipe for crepes a little while ago, so I told her about yours.  Merci beaucoup mon cherie amie!

How is your blue vest doing?  I really am looking forward to see that pattern.  It is one pattern that I am putting on my "to do" list.  I hope I can get around to it soon.  Take care, xoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 12, 2013 12:04 AM

Hi ZassZ,

You are welcome! I remember that vest. You put up the pic two years ago on November 10th/2010. It is on page 4 on this thread. And yes, my bolero or shrug is the one you've described.

Enchanté mon chérie amie! We are crêpes lovers. I've tried many recipes and this is the one we liked the most. This recipe matches perfectly with sweet or salty stuff. I hope your daughter and you like it too. I took it from a 'Le Cordon Bleu' recipe book.

About my blue top tank. It will have to wait a little until I am done with the winter accesories I am already on the go. The weather forecasters are expecting the temperature to drop, so I have to hurry finishing the two pair of topless gloves in black and ivory and a scarf which pairs with the hat with the twined knitting band and the simple tunisian crochet I posted last time (the grey and white one). It would be fantastic if you knitted at the same time one for you too and put up the pics together as if it was a knit-a-long. Hahaha! Big Smile

Enjoy your knitting!

XOXOXO!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 107
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jan 13, 2013 3:16 AM

Hi Merlich , Zass  et al,

Yes this little village is lovely, I can't wait until Summer to go exploring more, my Dog Sasha is absolutely loving it, there are so many places to take her.

As Zass said it's funny to think how far my little mice have travelled, in fact quite a few of my dolls and toys have ended up over there. The Town Crier I have just finished will be headed that way very soon.

I have been looking through my many hundreds of patterns to find a new project, trouble is I have so many I can't decide which to do first.

Mary - I like your little blue top.

Take care,

Happy knitting

Wendy

Page 42 of 57 (854 items) « First ...  < Previous  40 41 42 43 44  Next >  ... Last » | RSS