Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jan 13, 2013 1:24 PM

Dear Wendy,

Thank you.  I look forward to getting a chance to wear it.  At home, in this kind of weather, I live in jeans, turtlenecks and flannel shirts, and that is just in the house.

As for multiple projects, if you look around my living room, there are at least 6 or 7 projects in progress at any given time.  And I have several on a list with yarn tucked away for future work.  As well as several on the drawing table.  So I probably have enough to keep me busy for the next several years.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 6:23 PM

Hi Merlich,

Well I answered and sent and it must not have gone thru because I don't see it anywhere.  So I am answering again. 

You have a good memory girl.  And also, my daughter and I love the crepe recipe.  You can really use your imagination and make the fillings very tasty. 

I received the mag issue with blue top pattern.  So now since you mention a kal -- I am thinking about planning the yarn for the top to coordinate with the yarn for that skirt I want to do.  By then maybe you'll be ready, and we can do a kal.  I like your idea.  That would be great.  I would like to still get the yarn used in the pattern for the skirt.  Since I really love that yarn, maybe I might as well get additional amount for the tank top and then be all set to go.  It would be nice to do a lesiurely kal with you.  Maybe we could persuade Yogama to join us.  I had asked her awhile ago and might be she will be done with other projects too and join.  Of course, anyone is welcome too.  What do you think - give me your thoughts? 

How is everything going over there?  We had car repair day today.  What fun Huh?  Oh well, made the best of it and fixed a nice breakfast for my h and the car mechanic.  They enjoyed it and got all the repairs done. 

Take care xoxox

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 8:41 PM

Hi Wendy,

I haven't had the chance to visit your new home through Google Maps yet. As soon as I am able, I will. I love quiet and loving places like yours. I am sure I will fall in love with it like you and Sasha are. About your dolls. If most of your work ends up with your friends then, they will soon open a gallery to show them all and everybody will have to pay to see them. Big Smile Haven't you thought about that? Ask them to send you your royalties when they do.Yes Of course, I am joking, I hope you like innocent jokes!Wink

Any pattern you choose, we all know it will be a hit. So, just take any of the ones which winks you more and do it!!

Looking forward to seeing your dolls soon!

Enjoy your knitting!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 8:57 PM

Hi Mary,

How you been doing? How is the weather like where you live? Were the forecasters right? I hope you are doing ok! What about your knitting? Which of your PhD are you on? I am just like you: I have many projects on the go, that annoys my hub, although he's gotten used to that, haha!! I think I won't need to buy yarn this year, maybe the following year neither.

Send you my best wishes!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 9:48 PM

Hi ZassZ,

As soon as I saw your vest's pic, I remembered it. I was surprised when I found it and saw the date. Two years it's long time ago but, I didn't feel it.

I am glad your daughter and you enjoyed the crêpes recipe. And, yes, we are also very creative with the fillings and the toppings too. I can feel like eating one right now! I wish I could. It's late at night to prepare everything. Sad

What a good news you've received the mag issue you were lacking: VK Spring-Summer 2012! Of course, we can start a kal, although I would only knit the tank top. The pattern is the number "17: Racer Back Top", the pic is on page 66 and the directions are on pages 95 & 96. Is the skirt the one that is with pleats? I really like it, but I never finish long projects, like the blanket I've been knitting for five years and is already on the go!! Embarrassed

Here, everything is ok, thank you. Besides knitting the accessories I've already told you, I am sewing a new lining for my dog's bed. I thought It would be easy but it is a little elaborated and it is taking more time than I thought it would. I can see you really enjoyed the car repair day, haha!! At least you enjoyed it in a different way: cooking! Happy to read they enjoyed what you prepared for them.

Happy to hearing from you!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Hi Merlich,

It is still cold and miserable around here however it will be that way for at least a couple more months.  When you live in the east end of the Columbia Gorge in Washington state at the 2800 ft elevation, winter can be nasty.  Right now though, no new snow and there is blue skies and sunshine.  It is actually quite pretty, cold but pretty. 

As for new projects, I now have a good reason to make a shawl I've wanted to do for a long time.  It is the Crown Prince shawl in Nancy Bush's book, Knitted Lace of Estonia.  My youngest daughter is getting married in June and she asked if I would make a wedding shawl for her.  I am also making her a pair of lacy fingerless gloves to wear with her wedding dress.  It will be a fun project.  My sister-in-law, who is a professional seamstress and designer is making her wedding dress for her.  I am going to have her make a storage bag for the shawl out of the fabric Angel's dress is going to be made out of.  And it seems I've been roped into doing her wedding cake as well.  Oh well, she is the baby after all and a bit spoiled.

I currently have several projects in the works.  As always there is at least one pair of socks and/or gloves in the works.  I also dug out some real soft boucle type yarn I bought several years ago at JoAnn's fabrics and crafts store to make myself a couple of everyday pullovers to wear around the house and then there is the Cochin Shrug that is on the KD DVD Entrelac Basics and Beyond that I am going to make for Angel for her birthday next month.  I have plenty to keep me busy around here.  As for hubby's vest, that will probably be for his birthday in March.  So much knitting, so little time!

Oh, before I forget, because I know you will ask, the yarn for Angel's wedding shawl will be from Knit Picks. I am ordering their lace weight yarn Shimmer in White.  The yarn is 70% baby alpaca and 30% silk.    I'll be getting enough to do the shawl and her gloves.  I'm looking forward to the project.  I love weddings!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 5:36 PM

Hi Mary, 

Just reading your post re your weather.   It seems though that time will go fast for you as you will be busy knitting up some more projects.  Congratulations on your daughter's  future wedding!  What a nice time for you and your family.  Is this the daughter that was in your pic with the (red) sweater you finished for one of your friends?  Looking forward to seeing the shawl when it's done.  Maybe the wedding dress too - after the wedding maybe she will let you take a pic of it.

You must be a good baker if you'll be doing the wedding cake too. What flavor?   

I found some lovely yarns on WEBS which I am getting for my niece.  She needs some cold weather items like right away.  So I'll be sending right to her a.s.a.p.  It takes awhile to get used to the climate change.  We were very cold here for awhile, using the heat but now we are having several really nice 72-80 degree days (depending on areas) you are in.  But all of those temps are ok with me.  I am happy with it. 

Take care and enjoy your new yarns and projects! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:59 AM

hi all,

hope everyone is nice and warm on this cold day? i live about 1/2 mile from the ocean on the jersey shore. 18 out this am and a bit windy, a dusting of snow but the sun is out. so all good! we usually do not get this cold, is it bad to say i am actually enjoying it?

zass was so nice to tell me about the possible kal. i had to find my vogue spring 2012 and take a peek. of coure i picked out the tank that was mentioned - love it! i would be very happy to join in a kal.

right now i am working on some lacy knee socks - they are in hot pink and for son's gf for christmas.oh dear!  so far i have one to the heel turn, and the other almost to the calf decrease. i  am a sock addict! as zass knows, i am the worst at taking pics. this time i will really try since they are such a nice project.

hope everyone has a nice day!

xox, sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 8:37 PM

Hi Mary,

Congratulations for Angel's wedding!!! Big Smile

That shawl and the fingerless gloves will be more than gorgeous. I love Nancy Bush's knit work. I don't have the book you mention but I have a copy of a free pattern of a scarf from here KD.

And the wedding cake. I wish I could get a piece of it. I also love weddings. I am sure everybody will enjoy that cake. Cake

Thank you for sharing with us.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 8:57 PM

Hi Yogama,

Glad to know about you. Good you are well and happy. The weather has been unusual everywhere these days. We just have to get used to it. Tongue Tied

It would be fantastic if you could join us at  the kal. We don't have a start date yet. You have enough time to find all the things you need to be ready for it.

If you can't upload your pics, we all can give you some directions so you can manage to do it.

Have fun and enjoy your knitting!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:50 AM

hi merlich,

i'll be happy to get my supplies for the kal, whenever it happens is fine with me.

thanks for your offer of help. i really do get frustrated with pics. i'll dig out my camera and recharge the battery, then i'll take some pics and be back to you!

enjoy your day and stay warm!

sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 7:03 PM

Hi Yogama,

Excellent!!   Let's ask ZassZ to tell us when she has the yarn from the retailer so we can start!!  Big Smile

I'll be very pleased to help you out to put up your pics here!!

Send you XOXO!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 7:08 PM

Hi ZassZ;

How you been doing? I hope you are doing well. Yogama has just told me she is ready to start with the kal whenever we are ready. Then, let us hear from you when you have the yarn so we can agree with the start date.  Yes

Send you lots of XOXOXO!!!

Merlich.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:11 PM

Hi Merlich,

I went online to see your Sublime.  I was looking at the pattern for the yarn the sweater was done in.  I think I can still use the Skacel I wanted to get for my skirt and get same gauge for the top out of that.  It calls for the same needle size but will still have to check gauge.  It should be interchangeable.  I'll try to order it from a place I have in mind.  I think they have a straight $5 shipping and a 10% off on full bag, including mix n match.  I will call them tomorrow.  Let you know what I find out. I am going to read the pattern and be sure I understand it and will be able to do it.  I hope so.   

Yogama, 

So what yarn are you thinking of using?  Do you have any color(s) in mind? 

xoxox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 9:34 AM

hi ladies,

yes zass, you should use the same yarn if you can get guage. that would be such a pretty look with the skirt - kind of retro 50's or 60's? and you  know that style is coming back. as i remember, you chose a pretty yellow?

merlich i have used sublime and also like it - what color for you?

i have not decided on my color yet. i prefer to use cotton, so may choose something in that same pale shade of aqua. hmmmmmm.....thinking cap on!

enjoy your days!  xox

Page 43 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  41 42 43 44 45  Next >  ... Last » | RSS