Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 853 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 5:27 PM

Hi everybody,

ZassZ,

It is ok for me. I am not in a hurry. I can wait untill you are ready. Don't worry about the patterns, I am sure they will be easy for you. They resemble the one you've already knitted for that beautiful black shawl for your d.i.l.

Yogama,

I've chosen light blue. I've already done the swatches and I am happy to tell you all that they match with the gauges in the pattern. So, probably, I won't need to do any math arrangement.

Have a nice weekend!!! Smile

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 8:59 PM

Hi!

I am happy and relieved to report I finally ordered my yarn!  Yeah & Yippee all over the place.  Smile 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 11:07 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Star Yes MusicBig Smile

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 12:46 AM

Hi All,

So it looks like we are making progress in gathering our materials for this kal. 

Hi Mary & Wendy,

How are you both doing?  Are you possibly able to join in?  Hoping you can, please let me know.  The picture is in the Spring/Summer 2012 Vogue Knitting on page 66, the pattern is #17 Racer Back Top on page 95 or can be seen on VK 360. 

Everyone who would like to join us is WELCOME.  Please let us know who you are!  Person

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 1:04 AM

Hi KD Community,

Here is the link to VK360°:

http://www.vogueknitting.com/magazine/vk360/vk360_spring_summer_2012.aspx 

under "A midsummer knit's dream": 17. Racer Back Top designed by Lisa Hoffman.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 7:01 AM

hi all,

hope everyone is having a nice weekend? i'm going to search out my yarn in the next couple of days, so i am ready to start whenever we decide. its the color choice that drives me crazy! i love all color, and trying to make that final decision is tough. but no worries - i am up to the challenge!

looking forward to this and it will be fun!

cold here today - i'm in nh! 3. but at least its above zero!

enjoy your day and chat soon!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 7:07 AM

hi merlich and thanks for posting the 360! i really liked the photo from the magazine, but seeing it on a model is even better - plus i do loke the back! have a good day!

sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 6:52 PM

Hi Yogama,

You're welcome!!  I am glad you liked the model we've chosen to start this kal. I was about to knit a different garment when ZassZ suggested me this one, I couldn't help changing my mind. Smile

Have a good day too!

Merlich.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 7:27 PM

Hi Yogama, Merlich, 

I agree with you - when I saw it on VK360 I had to tell Merlich right away cause she was about to start a top around that same time.  But when I saw the back of this one, I could really see her in it - just her style, I thought.  Turns out she loved it, you love it, I love it, hopefully more will love it - ha ha.  Oh well we'll have fun with it! 

Merlich knows that is what made me just have to order this issue for this pattern.  Such a good job they do on those views and I like the descriptions they give too.   So glad you already had it too.  xoxox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 12:29 PM

hi KAL-ers!

i need some suggestions/help with my yarn choices please!

is everyone picking fingering weight? i stopped at my fav lys on the way from nh to nj. of course she was out of koigu mori. i just wanted to touch it! her order was late for cotton fingering, she said she usually has it by jan for spring/summer knitting. i have this thing about touching it! so.....this morning i went online and seached all kinds of places and found all kinds of lovely offers. but.....which to pick? i am looking for cotton or merino/silk. i discovered that one of my olf favs from knitting lace shawls may work? lorna's lace, helen's lace? it comes in a really big skein of 1200 yds, but it is lace weight. not sure if this will be too fine?

please let me know your thoughts on yarn weight and then i will order. uh oh. next comes picking the color....

please dont hold the start date for me! i can catch up.

enjoy your day,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 8:32 PM

Hi Yogama,

Here is the post Merlich sent re her yarn choice. 

Merlich:
Right Hug Hi ZassZ,

but I will knit it in an egyptian cotton dk in light blue. The name of the yarn is "Sublime" by Sublime Yarns (www.sublimeyarns.com). It looks shiny, soft and I fell in love with it. I couldn't help. You know, when that happens, it is hard to say "no". Big SmileEnjoy your knitting!!!XOXOXO!!!Merlich.

She knitter he swatches and got gauge but I don't what size needle she used.  Hopefully she'll see this and let you know! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 10:19 PM

Hi Yogama,

Yes, you need to buy a fingering weight yarn. That's it!   I bought the "Sublime" cotton yarn dk, before I knew I was going to knit this gorgeous top. If I would have the pattern before I bought the yarn, I would have bought for certain fingering yarn. I had already measured the swatches last Friday and I thought i got the same gauge than the pattern. I remeasured the swatches and I got a different gauge. I got less stitches and less rows. I knitted them with circular needles No.3.

In summary: I suggest you to buy fingering or sport yarn (No.2) and the kneedles for that weight yarn is number 3. The brand you want to choose is up to your earlier experience and, of course, your taste. In the Racer Back Top they suggest the same. The gauges are 30 sts and 38 rows= 4"/10cm over chart pats using size 3 (3.25 mm) needles. And 42 sts = 5"/12.5cm and 38 row=4"/10cm over back rib pat using size 3 (3.25 mm) needles.

Hope this can help you make your final decision.

XOXO,

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 7:15 AM

good morning zass and merlich!

thank you both for clarifying for me! i thought i was losing my marbles for a minute there. i thought i needed fingering but then second guessed myself. and you know how bad that can be! so, after a frustrating afternoon of looking at all kinds of yarn online, i decided to head back to my lys this afternoon and see what she has, or can order for me. i really need to touch before i buy. i have this thing about actually seeing the yarn. online it is so hard to make a decision.

icy out this morning. hubs slipped on the front steps on his way out to get this paper. he's fine, luckily - since i was still in bed! its warming up out there now and all is wet.

enjoy your day and let me know when we are starting! looking forward to it. but then again i am like a little kid when it comes to new projects. some new yarn, a new pattern and all is good in my world!

xox, sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 9:56 PM

Hi Sharon,

Glad you found a yarn - i love the color too.  If you decide to get it let us know. 

Oops - hope hubs back is not hurting over his little mishap this morning.  You know when you try to prevent a fall sometimes you twist a little muscle, so really hope that he is fine.  Did you get more snow blowing toward your area?  Well it's evening here already.  So tomorrow morning I'll check back to see if you your yarn!  Wink  xoxoxox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 9:08 AM

hi zass,

hubs is fine today, thankfully! and no snow, but fog. it is the warmer air and the ice on the lakes melting. darn! skating is done for the kids in the neighborhood for awhile! xox

Page 44 of 57 (854 items) « First ...  < Previous  42 43 44 45 46  Next >  ... Last » | RSS