Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 878 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 8:54 PM

Hi Sharon,

Sorry about your hub's accident, fortunately nothing happened!!

What about your yarn? Have you decided what you are going to buy? It is very difficult for me to decide too. I would like to buy all I fell in love with, hahaha!

Don't rush. ZassZ is waiting for hers until Saturday. We have plenty of time.

XOXO!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 7:34 PM

Hi All, 

Finished that wrap in the Tahki just in time.  My order came today for the yarn for the Racer Back kal. 

Funny thing.  I decided to wear my new wrap on the weekend.  So it looked pretty good.  An acquaintance saw me as I  arrived in the parking lot and she said, "You didn't make that! -- tell me you made that?"  I laughed & replied, "Yes, you know I did!    So anyway she started to ask me if I could make her one just exactly like it only in black.  Oh me oh my - you girls here know that I did the other triange shawl in black, beaded it in black beads, and after that was done, said I don't think I can take doing another thing in black for awhile.  So she was asking how long it would take to make another one.       Well this was taken just before i bound off.  I'll get another pic up. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 11:24 PM

Hi ZassZ,

How lovely is your yarn!

I am happy for you about the compliments that lady made to your wrap. You must have felt very well.

Have you seen that yarn in black? Isn't it shaded? Maybe it is not as difficult to knit as solid black. Or, does she want it in solid black?  Did you tell her that because you wanted to get rid of her? Hahaha!!  Sometimes people think we knitters have plenty of time to knit for others any time they want. I have a classmate from primary school (long time ago) who knits scarfs and sells them. She puts up the pictures of them and clearly you can read that is the scarf she is selling: the colour, the width, the length, etc. People answer her: "—Love your scarf. I want one like that but in this colour, this width, etc". Didn't you understand THAT is the one she is selling? They make me mad. Besides, when you see knitted items and you like them, sometimes, they don't look as beautiful in a different colour as they are in the colour you've seen it at first.

Thank you for the pic. I'll be waiting for the other one you say you will post next time.

Have beautiful dreams!!

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 1:39 AM

Hi   You Merlich,

You are so funny!  And yes, that is the point, it is shaded.  So if was black it wouldn't have any color variations.  Then again the same yarn?  I bought it so long ago.  I may have to search everywhere for it or drive miles to get it, so should I add the price of gas in.  I'm not going blind on black.  So that's strike 3 - your out!  Not you - her!  ha ha.  I noticed that the one question they never ask is:  how much?   Huh?  

Good night now. xoxoxox  I hope I dream I swatched and it came out perfect!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 5:29 PM

Dear ZassZ,

Thanks for the invite to the knit along, but I am up to my elbows in projects.  I grabbed my Vogue Knitting mag and looked up the raceback tank and I like the design.  I may have to dig through my stash and set this aside for a later project.  At the moment I am crocheting a ripple baby blanket and have a hat and booties on the needles for a friend.  She called and told me that a friend of hers just had a baby and the couple had very little for the newborn and asked if I could help out.  Of course I said yes and I hope to have the projects done by this week-end and ready to go in the mail by Monday.  I also dropped a good amount of coin at Knit Picks for the yarn for my daughter's wedding shawl and lace gloves as well as the yarn for a twin set for me to wear to her wedding.  The yarn should be here any day now.  The yarn I picked out for her  shawl and gloves is Gloss lace weight in Natural.  Gloss is 70% Merino and 30% Silk.  The yarn I got for my sweater set is a DK  weight,  called CotLin.  CotLin is 60% Cotton and 40% Linen.  I am looking forward to working with both yarns since this will be the first time I've used either one for a project.  I also have a birthday present to get done for the youngest.  I am doing the Cochin Shrug in black for her.  The pattern is from the DVD, Entrelac Basics and Beyond with Eunny Jang.  I really like the stitch and I love the way it is presented on the DVD.  I also have several birthday presents to start and get done in between all the wedding fuss.  It may be a while before i get back to a project for myself.  I did get a pair of gloves and a hat done for myself before I got started with this mess.  Oh well, that is the world of knitters or any one else I know.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 6:55 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Yes, you are right. They never ask how much. When I say: "Yes, of course!". I immediately make the question: "When can we meet to buy the yarn?". Then, is when the truth comes out... "Mmm, I don't know. Let me check. I'll call you back, O.K.?"  Hahaha!! It never fails!! Idea.

Enjoy your knitting!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 7:03 PM

Hi Mary,

It's been long time since we've heard from you. Happy to know you are well!!

Lot to do, ha!!  You are really busy! Besides, the house work! Take care of yourself! Do not over work. You know, time is endless!! You need to be as good as you can be for your daughter's wedding!!  StarStar

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Merlich

P.S.: Do you mind sharing with us a pic of the yarn for the wedding shawl when you have it? I love weddings!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 5:59 PM

Hi there Mary,

Well you certainly will be busy for a bit.  I saw the yarn you mention for the shawl your doing however, I am not sure I found the cot/lin blend.  Only dif was that is it said 70% Cotton, 30% Linen.  Let us know how you like them as you said it will be first time you will be working with each of these yarns. 

Also I love ripple pattern in either crochet or knit.  So fun to do in dif colors.  Always a lot to do when we have children to knit for and friends to knit for.  So hope your yarns arrives quickly.  What style is your d's wed shawl going to be?  That will be a gorgeous project I am sure. 

You are sure welcome to the knit along if anything should change, we wanted to have you join us very much!  But that's all right, we know how important the projects you are already busy with are. 

So we will hear from you in- between- stitches we hope!  Surprise

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 1:32 PM

To Merlich and ZassZ, 

Yep I will be busy.  Right now I am enjoying a morning cup of coffee and scrolling through here.  As to your questions, the pattern I picked for my daughter's wedding shawl is from Nancy Bush's book, Knitted Lace of Estonia.  It is the one featured on the cover of the book, the Crown Prince shawl.  If you look up the book, you will get an idea of the finished project.  As for the fingerless gloves, those are on the drawing board at the moment.  My daughter has 2 lace patterns that are her favorites, Cat's Eye and Feather and Fan.  She couldn't decide between which so I will be doing both.  Cat's Eye for the body of the glove and a Feather and Fan ruffle for the cuff.  As for embellishments, I'm not sure yet.  I'm thinking maybe little pearl buttons down the side or seed pearls knitted into the cuffs.  I'll have to think about that one.  Oh, ZassZ, you are right, CotLin is 70% cotton and 30% linen.  I am looking forward to working on the sweater set with it.  The set is featured on the cover of the July 2009 issue of Simply Knitting.  A cool magazine but published in the UK, so the price listing for yarns and other goodies are in pounds instead of dollars so it can be a little confusing when trying to figure out the cost of a project.  But the projects are fun and the directions are color coded for different sizes which makes keeping track of the pattern easy.

Merlich, as for pictures, they will be coming soon.  I will post the ones of the baby stuff as I get them finished and one of a sample swatch of the CotLin since I need to make a gauge swatch anyway.  It will go to the fabric and craft store with me so that I can get buttons for the cardigan.  Ah, so much yarn, so little time!!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 12:35 AM

Hi Mary,

Thank you very much about the future pics. I'll be looking forward to seeing them!

Take care of yourself!

Enjoy your knitting!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 3:27 PM

Hi Mary.

I love that idea for the cuff!  Yes  Saw the pic of the shawl pattern, Crown Prince.  It's beautiful.  She's going to be a beautiful bride!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Dear ZassZ and Merlich,

Thanks.  Here is a pic of the baby stuff I just finished.  The Hat and Booties set were made with Bernat Sox.  The one on the left is Hot Tamale and the one on the right is Hippy Hot.  The yarn for the baby blanket was Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink.  It was left over from a sweater I made last year.  As for that yarn for the other projects, that is a whole other story.  I ordered in on the 22cd of January and it just got here.  I traced the tracking and it was sent more places that I have ever seen in my life.  I'll probably pick it up in the next day or two. 

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 3:29 PM

Dear Mary,

Just p-e-r-e-f-e-c-t ! !  Really love the style and the colors.  This hat reminds me of one I have seen before but I can't remember where.  I am sure the parents will be thrilled to recieve your gift.  So lovely.  Does the blanket go to the new baby too?  Very pretty.  I like the Caron yarn for it's softness. 

I can believe the yarn delivery mix up.  Sometimes I think they don't READ!  How does it get delivered to all the wrong places?  So sorry about that and it is frustrating.  Doesn't the yarn get delivered to your home?  You mention you still have to pick it up? 

Well I know the other posters here will enjoy seeing your latest Fabulous Projects.  Thank you very much for sharing with us, Mary!  Yes

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 6:36 PM

Dear ZassZ,

The blanket goes as well.  As for the yarn delivery I think the postal workers in Kent WA. got Appleton, Washington confused with Appleton Wisconsin which happens occasionally.  As for home delivery, if it is Fed Ex or UPS it will be delivered to the house.  All my mail goes to the post office since I have a post office box instead of a mailbox.  We live in a very rural community in the mountains and if the weather is bad or the roads in Timber Valley haven't been plowed, the post office is the drop for UPS and Fed Ex.  It's not bad and I don't mind going to the post office once a week or so.  It's actually kind of nice not to be on a really fixed schedule. 

As for the hat and booties pattern.  That is Baby Bobble Hat and Booties from the magazine, Knit - n- Style.  I don't remember which issue since I photocopy the patterns for working and seldom write the issue # on them.  One of these days I am going to get my magazines organized.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 8:55 PM

Hi Mary,

Fantastic!! Love both sets and the blanket. The recipients will be very pleased with these fabulous presents!! The baby will look so fashionable!!

Congratulations, Mary!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Page 45 of 59 (879 items) « First ...  < Previous  43 44 45 46 47  Next >  ... Last » | RSS