Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 10:41 AM

Hi everyone, and welcome to Janet.

Well since my last post I  have made another Town Crier, I had to, I just loved the one I made for my friends so much, I had to make another one.  I have also started Snow White and the & Dwarves, I have made one of these sets before although it was a long time ago. So far I have 6 Dwarves made, so just one dwarf and Snow white to go. I also made this Peter Rabbit and three small pixies in between time.  Will post pics of Snow and friends when  they are finished.

So it looks like you are all about to start a knitting project, I do hope you will all post pic's when you have finished.  

Take care,

Wendy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 685
salmonmac wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 12:16 PM

Peter Rabbit is perfect and the dwarves are adorable! I can't wait to see all 7 with Snow White. Thanks so much for the photos.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Hi Wendy,

It is long time since your last post. I was about to write to you when I saw your post.

As always, you knit such a beautiful dolls!! Congratulations!! I like them all!  StarStarStarStarStar

You knit very fast. While you've done all these dolls and the other you didn't post, I did almost nothing.

Yes, we've started a KAL: ZassZ, Sharon (Yogama) and me. Nobody else joined, but we are happy anyway. ZassZ started the KAL in a different thread and wrote the invitation for all the KD members: http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/18398.aspx. We were hoping some members would like to join us but, nobody did. We've posted the pics of the yarn we are using. We all bought different materials, and we all are happy with them. It is a top, so I think we won't delay too much finishing it. And of course, we'll show you when they are finished.

Happy to hear from you.

Enjoy your knitting!!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 7:40 AM

Hi Merlich,

Yes  I have been busy with my knitting lately, it is because I have come to a standstill with my home. I am waiting for my brother to fit some shelves and a cupboard in my front room, so that I can store all my wool away, and have my DVD'S etc. on a shelves; until this is done I can get no further with my back room - so there is nothing else to do but knit, and, I am enjoying every minute.

Salmonmac - Those little dolls are Pixies, the Dwarves for the set I am making are much larger, hope to be finished by next week.

Hope to post some more pics soon. 

take care

Wendy.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 8:41 PM

Hi Wendy,

I am glad you are happy and letting us to see all your beautiful work!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Hi Mary,

How are your projects coming along?  I came across this pic in my file.  (I thought I had taken a pic and posted it somewhere) so this is the slipper I made to go with the Bobble Hat.  Although the blue doesn't photo the same, it is a match to the hat in real life.  ha ha.  Anyway, that's the closest to real life socks. 

ZassZ:
And these are two little slippers knitted up with the Deborah Norville yarn I decided to try. Really soft & comfy.

Also I actually found the pattern from the Knit N' Style for the hat.  I must have filed away a copy from the library when I checked out the magazine, so I may try this hat once again, using the suggestions for the border stitches. 

How are your stitches coming along for the wedding shawl, gloves and the sweater set?  Are you liking the yarns?  Have a great day Mary.  Right Hug 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 1:01 PM

Hi Janet,

Just saying hello and am thinking about you.  How is your work day going and just wondering if you ever bring your knits to work and do a little knitting on lunch break?  I used to love to find a shady spot and get a little relaxation thru my knitting.  Take care!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 4, 2013 10:22 PM

Hi ZassZ and Sharon,

Look what I found:

I don't know if you like it. This top looks so beautiful too. I've been looking for that magazine here in Mexico and I couldn't find it anywhere. I don't know how difficult the pattern could be, but I wanted to share it with you just to know if you like it too.

Send you lots of XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 7:07 AM

Hi ZassZ,

Sorry I didn't find your message until just now.  I work as a registrar's assistant in a community college so my work life is always very busy and can become stressful.  I never leave home without my knitting and always work on something during my lunch.  It is such a wonderful stress reliever!!!   Last week I finished "Tarragon" the dragon pattern found on Ravelry and gave it to my great-nephew for his first birthday.  Of all his gifts, I think he liked it best.  (Of course I'm prejudiced.)  I managed to copy the photo from my neice's facebook page so you can see.  Hope you have a great day!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 7:08 AM

Don't know what I did wrong!  The picture showed when I hit post.  Embarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 11:05 AM

hi merlich!

what a pretty top! i think i would get tired of knitting the black and white in zigzag!

i have not seen that magazine before, but i will look!

sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Hi Sharon,

Thank you!

I wanted to share it with you all because I liked it very much!

Good luck!

Merlich

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Mar 6, 2013 5:41 AM

Hi Everybody,

Well I finally got my Snow White and 7 Dwarves finished.  I am currently making a scarecrow and am going to continue the Chess set I started last year although this set may take me a couple of months to finish.

It is so good to get back to knitting again, I am sure I was suffering withdrawal symptoms last year.

Took this picture at night so it is a bit dark.

Take care

Wendy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 6, 2013 8:59 AM

wow wendy,

that is impressive!

can't wait to see you chess set.

i am finishing the toes on lacey knee socks a did for son's gf for christmas. the project wsa a little more intense than i thought.

i'll send along a pic when i am finally done!

sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 8
puntzi wrote
on Mar 6, 2013 2:50 PM

Hello! Smile

So has anyone finished any of your projects?

Yes! I did. I didn't upload them just yet! I think I have them on my phone? Just finished knitting toques.

Page 47 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  45 46 47 48 49  Next >  ... Last » | RSS