Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 12, 2013 10:36 PM

Hi Mary,

The wedding shawl will be astonishing!!  You will be very busy knitting it. The yarn you bought really suits the pattern. You have a very good taste!!  Star Star Star Star Star

Congratulations!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 12, 2013 10:42 PM

Hi Janet,

What a beautiful pic!  Your grandnephew is very handsome. He looks very happy with the doll you knitted for him. It is very beatiful! How long did it take you to do it? I've tried to knit one from Jean Greenhowe but I always end up knitting a garment instead.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 7:12 AM

Hi Merlich,

Thank you for your compliments.  "Tarragon", the dragon was a free pattern from Ravelry and took me about three days to make.  I used worsted weight acrylic yarn and size 4 needles to make a dense fabric.  When making stuffed toys for little ones I find acrylic yarn works best because the toy can be tossed into the washer and dryer.  (Christopher is at the stage where everything goes in his mouth.)  I haven't tried any pattern yet from Jean Greenhowe but love what I've seen posted here.  I'd encourage you to try again, but perhaps drop down a couple of needle sizes from what was recommended in the pattern.  I look forward to seeing your next creation.

Janet

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 5:18 PM

Hi Janet,

You're welcome!!  You know, you are missing some other compliments from ZassZ. They are in the previous page of this thread. You can scroll down with your arrows of your keyboard and see on the lower part of this post in the left side. There are numbers there. This is page 49, I guess, ZassZ posted something for you in the previous page.

And thank you for your advices, I'll take them into consideration when I decide to finally knit a beautiful doll like yours and Wendy's!!

Hoping you can enjoy the posts I've mentioned.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Mar 14, 2013 10:49 PM

Hi Merlich,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  Haven't got it started yet and the gloves are on the needles without the beads.  The yarn wouldn't thread through the beading needle, so I will sew the beads in place when I get the gloves finished.  They are on the needles and I hope to have them done in the next few days.  I will be submitting them, my summer lace shawl, and a short sleeved lace cardigan I made two years ago to wear over a sundress at my daughter's highschool graduation to Skacel for their Fiber Festival competition to find their next designer.  So I will be busy putting together a video, photos and application to upload to them by the 24th of this month.  I am hoping to be chosen as one of the 12 semi-finalists for an 8 month long competition set up by Skacel.   Should be interesting.  I'll keep you posted when I hear more.

Mary,

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 12:39 AM

Hi Mary,

What a pity the beads will have to be sewn. Anyway, I am sure they will be gorgeous. And the shawl, it is so beautiful. Haven't you done the swatches yet? Are you sure you have enough time to finish it on time? Every time I read you have to do so many things, I get nervous about your schedule.

I wish you luck about the Skacel's competition. Let us watch the video. I don't know if you can upload it here. I hope you can, I mean it works here.

Send you my best wishes looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

Merlich

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 6:05 AM

Hi Janet,

Love your little dragon, I have this patten myself but have not managed to get round to knitting one yet - It looks great, the only dragon I have made was one by Alan Dart, which was rather large.  Having seen how your 'Tarragon' has turned out I will definitely be making one of these soon.

The little boy is so cute too.

Excellent work, well done

Take care

Wendy 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 6:57 PM

Hi Mary, 

I was reading your yarn won't fit through your beading needle.  You & I had the same problem.  When I was doing the black triangle shawl they wouldn't fit either because the yarn was too thick.  However, if your beads will not have too small a hole for the yarn, then you could use the kind of beading needle that splits open in a V shape to accomodate thickness of the yarn, then move the bead over and down onto the yarn.  It may save you some trouble if you try it.  I got the needles at Joanns or Michaels.   This only works if the yarn isn't too thick for the bead hole

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 8:32 PM

Hi, ZassZ,

Thanks for the info.  I will look for some of those the next time I get off the hill.  I will keep them in mind for a future project since I already have one glove nearly ready for the thumb gusset and I hate the thought of ripping them out and starting over.  I need to get them done this week-end.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Mar 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Hi everyone!

The wedding gloves are done!  I decided against the pearls and settled on just a simple vintage button on each one that I had in my collection.  The body of the glove is Cat's Eye Lace and the cuff ruffle is Feather and Fan lace without the garter ridge. Here's a pic!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on Mar 22, 2013 6:56 AM

Mary,

Your gloves are beautiful!  The vintage buttons suit the gloves perfectly.  I doubt anyone would ever miss the pearls.  Thank you for sharing.

Janet

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 2:13 AM

Dear Janet,

Thank you.  I love old buttons and have a big tin of them.  I knew they would come in handy some day.  I posted pics on Facebook and my daughter loved them.  She is looking forward to wearing them in June.  I'm just glad I made her happy.  Now to get the shawl done in time.  It's on the needles and started. 

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 25, 2013 9:45 PM

Hi Mary, 

Thank you for sharing your pic with us.  I am sighing a sigh of relief, your gloves are done, now the daughter's shawl, and your set.  How is it all coming along?  I know you have been working hard on all these projects.  Your gloves turned out beautifully!  Take care!  Love your yarn. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 12:18 AM

Dear Mary,

The wedding gloves look so beautiful and feminine! I love them! Congratulations!!!!  Your daughter will love them, that is for sure!!

You finally gave up about the pearls. Sewing tiny things drive me crazy! If you don't say, nobody will miss them. The gloves by themselves are more than gorgeous.

Send you my best wishes for all your current projects!!

Take care!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Mar 30, 2013 3:18 PM

To all here,

Thanks for the compliments on the gloves.  I enjoyed making them.  I wish I could say the same for the shawl.  It is being a bit of a booger at the moment.  I've had to restart it because the stitch count was off.  When you are working across 153 stitches, it's easy to get lost even with stitch markers.  As for the sweater set, that one is on hold because of needles.  I thought I had the needles I needed and realized I am missing a size.  So I won't be able to start the sweater set till after Tuesday when I can get to town to my LYS.  It gives me an excuse to stop in and say hi to Paulette, the owner and see what new goodies she has.  I'm also on a hunt for a Plymouth Yarn leaflet.  I saw a pattern in a recent issue of Vogue Knitting that I fell in love with and want the pattern for.  It is for an Entrelac vest done in the round with one of their hand painted yarns, Gina.  I love it!  Not that we ever need an excuse to visit our local yarn shop, right  ladies?

So, back to the needles!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Page 49 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  47 48 49 50 51  Next >  ... Last » | RSS