Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 874 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 30, 2013 5:22 PM

Hi Dear Mary,

I knew about the shawl. I use to knit many garments with eyelets and different stitch patterns in the same row. It takes you a lot of time to finish every row. Besides, if you take into consideration you have to knit a lot of nupps, read: "more more time". That is why I was worried about your schedule. Please, don't think it was to bother you. It is that I was nervous. But, now... I am more than nervous. Oh, Mary! I am so sorry! I know you can do it, but you have to do only the shawl at the same time. It is very important you get used to the stitch patterns and don't get distracted by any other thing. That is the only way you will succeed with this project. It is a very beautiful project and it will take a lot of your time to do it. So, please. I know you are used to do many projects at the same time with no worries but this time, it is different.

Be patient! I send you all my love!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 1, 2013 4:27 PM

Dear Merlich,

I am putting the Crown Prince shawl on hold.  I got part of the border done and didn't like the way it looked with this yarn.  Maybe with a smoother yarn with cotton or cotton blend it might be okay.  But not with this.  So I have spent the last day and a half digging through my knitting magazines for shawl patterns.  Talk about a major chore!  I've also hit some places online that have free pattern downloads.  I didn't realize just how many magazines I've accumulated over the years.  (We won't discuss what's on my computer!).  I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 patterns I like and will be swatching them this week to make up my mind.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I will get back to that shawl some day, but not when I am on a time limit.  Besides, I'm also doing her wedding cake and cupcakes. 

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 4:57 PM

Hi Mary,

I am sorry to hear your yarn is not to your liking with the yarn.  I thought your yarn would be fine for it, but sometimes you just don't know until you work with it.  Do you remember when you asked me about the pattern for the black triangle shawl I did?  I gave you the pattern info, but if you are still looking let me know.  If I see something I think you might like somewhere online or in a pattern I have, I'll let you know so you can take a peek.  How are you doing in your search - find something else yet?  The shawl pattern I mentioned is back on page 39 here. 

Hope things are coming along.  Don't stress.  You don't want to get sick.  Please take care.  Right Hug

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 6:47 PM

Dear Mary,

I am so sorry you had to put the Crown Prince Shawl on hold. Don't worry. It is not the only astonishing pattern for a wedding shawl that exists. There are a lot of shawl patterns that can be used as a wedding shawl just changing to colour white, ivory or champagne (the colour of the yarn you bought especially for Angel). Your daughters and you have a very good taste and I am sure the one you choose will match with the yarn you bought, and we all liked very much. Necessarily has to be a shawl? Can't it be a shrug? There are some beautiful wedding shrugs at Vogue Knitting Magazine that can be done easily, fast and you'll have free time to practice the wedding cake recipe so you can be more than ready for The Big Day.

Send you all my love!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 9:46 PM

Hello Mary, 

I was just looking thru this thread and saw again the pic you posted of the Summer Lace shawl you did in white/cream.  When I saw it again, it thought it possible for you to give this one to your daughter?  Just a thought, and since it is already completed, why not as long as she likes it? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 8, 2013 1:01 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions on the issue with the shawl.  I finally settled on two patterns that I am going to make up since I have enough yarn for both.  The one that is on the needles at the moment is the Fountain Pen Shawl from  the Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits.  I like the look of the lace design.  The pattern reminds me of peacock feathers.  The other one is the Icarus Shawl from the summer 2006 issue of Interweave knits.  I have made this one before so the pattern is familiar and will go up fairly quick.  As for the Summer Lace shawl, I'm hanging on to that one for myself.  I plan on getting some better shots of it so I can submit it to Knit Picks Independent Designer Program.  Well as soon as I get the pattern typed out.

I have the twin set on the needles and I changed the border.  Wasn't happy with the way the picot edging was looking so I opted for an eyelet border that matches the eyelets along the sides of the diamond pattern on the front.  I also found some vintage looking buttons with clear crystals in the center for the front of the cardigan so that should give it a dressy look.  Now to find something besides jeans to wear it with.  I went skirt shopping and I wasn't happy with what I've been able to find.  If all else fails I have some dress slacks I can wear. 

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 8, 2013 3:37 PM

Hi Mary, 

Great news.  I will have to see if I can find a pic of those two shawls.  I don't have the mags but I can look online prob. 

As for the skirt - are you looking for long skirt, formal looking?  Or for regular length?  I was thinking, you could do a Palazzo pant in a beautiful dressy material, somethng flowing, silky maybe and then with the twin set it would be great.  If you sew, they would be easy to whip up if you can find the right material.  But I think you have enough to do, hopefully you can find some thing in store already done.  Great to hear back from you! 

Ooh I love the sound of those buttons Yes

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 1:44 AM

Dear ZassZ,

Love the ideas but there is one little problem.  Sewing machine is headed for the shop and won't be back in time to get anything made for the wedding.  I haven't completely given up yet.  There are still other options out there.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 8:59 PM

Hi Sharon, Merlich, Mary, Wendy & Everyone,

Here are the pics I promised awhile ago.  Finally uploaded them for you.  This is the last cowl I did.  The yarn is Malabrigo.  The 2nd pic is of the wrap I made for myself.  I love it so very cuddly and warm.  It's trianglular shaped and the two points are long enough that I can wrap them over the back of each shoulder for a real wrapped up effect.  The neck area is done in an inverted  "u" shape so it doesn't slide off the shoulders.  That was from yarn I had in my stash, Filatura di Crosa which I mentioned sometime back here in our posts.  Merlich you may remember this is the one we talked about that someone asked me to do in another color. 

How is everyone doing lately?  Hope you are all well.  . . .  and Sharon & Merlich & I are working on our RacerBack Tops. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 3:40 AM

Hi Zass,

I Like your wraps, especially the triangular one, I agree with you it looks really warm and snuggly, I like the colours too.

look forward to seeing everyone's RacerBack tops when they are finished.

I have been busy lately, but have managed to finish a scarecrow, a couple of swans and a Spider whilst working on my chess set. will post pics when I get the chance.

Take care

Wendy,

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 1:45 PM

To ZassZ,

Love the wraps.  I agree with Wendy, they look cuddly and warm.  I love the muted shades of blues and browns.  Something I would gravitate to in a yarn shop. 

To Wendy,

I look forward to seeing your newest additions to your wonderful world.  I love the little dragon and other fanciful creatures you've made.  I've always thought that everyone should have a little fantasy in their world and it looks like you do. 

As for me, well I am finishing a birthday present for my goddaughter.  Her mom hopes it will get her to wear socks.  She hates wearing socks.  So maybe some handknit ones in self-striping sock yarn in her favorite colors will do the trick. Angel's wedding shawl is coming along nicely and I am liking this pattern so much better.  I will also be making a crocheted bell centerpiece for the lower tier of her wedding cake.  With arthritis in my hands and recurring tendonitis in both wrists, making icing roses and lilies are out of the question.  So I will be making a small centerpiece for the lower tier and her topper that she picked out, will go on the upper tier.  The next few weeks are going to be very busy!  The wedding is June 15th.  So back at it!

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 5:06 PM

Oh Hi Wendy! 

This has been such a busy time for many of us, but I am glad to hear you have made some more additions to your very large family!  haha Well, this is Fab-u-lous news!  I always look forward to your pics here.  By the way are you selling these yet?  I am sending the cowl off to a very deserving young lady. 

So nice to hear from you and you are doing well.  Will take care and you do the same!  Yes   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 5:19 PM

Hello Mary,

You know we are going to need some pics now of the wedding cake because you told us you are crocheting the lower tier centerpiece. Gift Oh my goodness, does it ever end?  You don't have to answer that.  Glad the shawl knitting is going along well now too.  I won't be so nervous about it now.  (big sigh). 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 3:12 AM

Hi Mary, Zass, et al.

I hope you post pictures of your socks Mary, and that you manage to finish your shawl and your centerpiece in good time for the wedding, but do take care not to overdo it won't you!!. 

Glad everyone likes my dolls, I do so enjoy making them all, and yes Zass I do sometimes sell them. People sometimes request them for birthdays and special occasions etc.. This is great when it happens as it helps toward buying more wool. 

I have to make some little dolls at the moment for a group of ladies at my church who are making dresses to send overseas, and it was mentioned that it would be nice to make some little dolls to put in in the pockets, so I am looking for a nice pattern for pocket size dolls, I can probably make them without a pattern though.

Will post pics of my latest dolls as soon as I can find my camera lead - I am sure it is alive, It seems to have a will of it's own and is never where I think I left it last.

Take care

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 3:27 PM

Dear ZassZ and Wendy,

Don't worry, I will post pics of the socks and gamer's  gloves as soon as I finish them and I will also post pics of other goodies as I get them finished.  To answer your question, no, it never ends.  Now that the weather is getting warmer and sunnier, I'll be dividing my time between the needles and out doors.  Time to start cleaning up the mess from winter.  The drawback to living in the boonies on 3 and a half acres of brush and trees is the mess the snow makes of limbs and broken branches in the brush.  There are also flower beds that need weeding and the guys have already started to cut wood for next winter so that is another major project.  We are also going to be doing some major remodeling in the house as well.  So, never a dull moment around here,.

Oh, Wendy, you need a camera like mine.  Mine has an SD card in it and my laptop has a card reader.  No more searching for cables to hook the camera to the computer.  I just pop the card out, load it into the reader and the pictures come right up on the screen.  I transfer them to a file on the hard drive and can up load them to here or anywhere else I need to.  I love it.

Anyway, back to the needles!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Page 50 of 59 (875 items) « First ...  < Previous  48 49 50 51 52  Next >  ... Last » | RSS