Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 869 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 3:52 PM

Dear Mary,

I am very happy with the patterns you've chosen for both shawls. The Icarus looks the easiest one. They look alike in the eyelet border, so you can say they are "like mother, like daughter", haha! Gorgeous! I knew you would choose something fantastic. I wish I had the patience to knit a shawl, just a St st shawl, but I don't. I have many patterns but they are only a "wish".

And about the other garment. I don't have it clear but... it is ok for me as long as it is ok for you. The main thing is to be happy with the things we do.

I admire you. You have such a lot of energy to do such a lot of things. That way, you'll never get bored.

Looking forward to seeing your pics when you have the time!!

Kisses!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 3:58 PM

Hullo, Dear Wendy!

I am very happy to hear from you. You always do so lovely things: your knitting and your kindness. You are a very lovely person. I am glad you are our friend.

I hope you can find that lead soon, we all are anxious to see your wonderful dolls.

Have a beautiful day!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 4:20 PM

Dear ZassZ,

I love both garments: the cowl for that really deserving person and your wrap. Of course I remember we were talking about this some posts ago. The wrap has a very smart design. You can wear it with no worries about having to suit it constantly and with no need to wear a pin shawl, am I wrong? The colours of both yarns are beautiful. If I could get that yarn trademark here, I would buy them for sure too. The wrap looks so cuddly. It is good it is warm. That's the purpose of a wrap like this one. Congratulations!!!  Your niece will be very happy as soon as she sees it, and happier the moment she wears it on!!!

On the other hand. I love your new avatar. The flowers are gorgeous. They are from your yard, aren't they? They make me feel happy. Yellow, is one of my favourite colours.

I am trying to finish the second topless glove for my son. There are only missing four half fingers and the weaving threads thing. I hope I can hide the gaps between the fingers. It is so difficult for me to manage hiding them. No matter how I try they always say: "Hello! Did you miss us? We are here! Music". That really drives me mad. Maybe that is why I've delayed so much finishing them. It makes me feel so bad.

I've been working on the Racer. Not much, but I've done something!

Send you lots of hugs and kisses!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 4:26 PM

Dear Sharon,

It's been a while since we have heard from you. I hope you are doing well and your family too!

Have you been looking for a new project to do after the Racer is done? I really would like to do the cream and black top, I liked it very much!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 109
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 8:14 AM

Hello  Everybody,

Finally found my lead for the camera, and yes I agree I need to get a card for my camera - all in good time.

Anyway here are my latest pics'

Tarantula - Pattern by Mad Monkey knits

Sam Scarecrow - Pattern by Jean Greenhowe

Love swans - Pattern by Craftfoxes

Take care

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 1:13 PM

Dear Merlich,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  Everything is coming along nicely.  The shawls should be done in no time and I have the second sock on the needles for my goddaughter.  I should have the sets finished this week end and then it is back to the shawl.  As for my twin set, I am not going to stress over it;  If I get it done, I get it done.  If not, I'll get a sundress or something else to wear to the wedding.  I'm not going to worry about it. 

As for trying a pattern for shawls, there are a lot of easy basic ones out there that will introduce you to reading charts and patterns.  Just keep two things in mind.  Markers and lifelines.  Don't be sparing with either one!  I swear by both of them when I am working a shawl.  Especially one with a complex pattern.

Back to the needles!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 1:16 PM

Dear Wendy,

Love all the new friends in your knitting world.  I especially like the spider!  Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 5:59 PM

Hello Wendy,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

The spider is fantasctic!! Sam and the swans are lovely!! How wonderful you found your camera lead!

Thank you very much for sharing your gorgeous work with all of us.

XXX!!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 6:13 PM

Dear Mary,

I am glad you are feeling happy with these new shawl patterns. And it is ok you are not worring too much about your twin set. That way you will have some more time to prepare the other stuff for the wedding cake.

I have a lot of shawl patterns I've been collecting since long time ago. The fact is I've found out that I get bored easily if the pattern does not have something interesting like the shapes you can do in a cardigan, a top, a hat, etc. For example: I hate knitting scarfs. Unfortunately, that is what I've been always asked to do more frequently and I can't say "No". Thank you, anyway, for your valuable suggestions. Star Star Star

I am very happy for all the new things you will do to improve your home. Take care of yourself. Try to not do too much.

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 12:03 AM

Hi Wendy, 

Well I really can't choose one over the other because, I like them all very much.  The swans are really lovely and delicate and tender feeling.  Your Sam scarecrow has real personality like a little school boy, and Tarantula spider seems to be a very wise lady.  That must have been so much fun to make these.  Did you really enjoy your projects? 

So now you are all settled in and things in place.  What a nice feeling.  Take care and thank you again for writing us all.  We appreciate your talents.  xoxoxox

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 614
salmonmac wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 6:01 AM

Hi Wendy, Thanks so much for the photos. Your knit projects are just a delight to see! I love them all but especially the swans or maybe the spider. Then again, the scarecrow.... ZassZ is right, impossible to choose. What fun projects.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 109
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 7:40 AM

Hi, Zass, Mary, Merlich, Salmonmac, etc

Many Thanks for your kind words, so glad you like my toys. Of course  I absolutely love making these toys.

Hope to post more soon

Take care

Wendy

x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 25, 2013 12:22 AM

Hello All!  The birthday presents are done and here is the pic to prove it!  Oh, Wendy, if you want the pattern for the sock monkey, it is a free download from bernat.com.  I had fun with these and now it's back to the wedding projects.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 109
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 25, 2013 3:20 AM

Hi Mary,  

Love the colours of your socks & gloves. Many thanks for tip on pattern for this cute little sock monkey.

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 25, 2013 2:21 PM

Dear Wendy,

Thanks.  As for the sock monkey, he is a favorite around here.  I've made quite a few in lots of different colors.  The pattern is done in the round and stuff as you go, so finishing is a snap.  Not much sewing to do, which suits me.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Page 51 of 58 (870 items) « First ...  < Previous  49 50 51 52 53  Next >  ... Last » | RSS