Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 853 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 165
marywoods wrote
on May 7, 2013 3:30 PM

Dear Wendy,

Sorry to hear that kiddo!  Get Well Soon!  Oh, were you able to find the sock monkey pattern alright?  If not I will double check where I got it.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 7, 2013 8:01 PM

Dear Wendy,

I am sorry you've been ill. Flu is so annoying! I hope you get rid of it quickly, so you can enjoy knitting your pocket Teddy bears. I imagine they look very charming with all that outfit the ladies are knitting/sewing/crocheting for them! You always do lovely things!!

Thank you for your compliments. The gloves are that long because my youngest son is actually in the copy cat stage from his eldest brother. Last year, I knitted a pair for him with the same pattern, colour and kind of yarn, although with fresh air between the fingers, hahaha!!

Send you my best wishes for your recovery soon!

XOXOXO!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 107
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 8, 2013 10:00 AM

Hi Mary, & Merlich

Yes thank you Mary  I did managed to get the sock monkey pattern.  I can't wait to get rid of this flu as I have no energy, we have had two really sunny days here and while everyone has been out in the sun, I have been stuck indoor, sniffing, sneezing, coughing and wheezing. Ho -Hum, never-mind it  will pass eventually.

Will post a pic of some of the teddy's as soon as I can.

take care

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 8, 2013 9:55 PM

Hi Wendy,

I am so sorry you are feeling that bad. Have you tried to take a vial of vitamin A + D? It really works; it gives you strength, besides all the medication you are taking.

I can imagine how you feel to have to take Sasha for a walk, is anybody helping you? I hope you have some help!

I wish you recover soon!  Big Smile  Wink

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on May 10, 2013 10:39 PM

Hi there Wendy,

I just had to look back to find Sasha's picture.  She is so adorable !  That post was almost a whole year ago, May 14, 2011.  Boy how time flies! 

I am just in my relax mode.  Listening to music and dancing to the ones I like.  I read your a little under the weather, so I hope it's passing by now.  Take care and give Sasha a hug for me, please. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 107
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 11, 2013 2:38 AM

Dear Zass and everyone,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that my beautiful dog 'Sasha' is gone.  She had cancer, and went downhill very quickly. The vet said there was nothing more they could do for her, she was struggling even to breath, and so I had to have her put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I miss her so much. 

Take care

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 11, 2013 6:42 PM

Dear Wendy,

I am very sorry. I know it was one of the hardest days of your life; when you had to take that painful decision. Poor Sasha! That happened to us too many years ago, she also had cancer and spread all inside her body. We remember her with such a lot of love; she was unique. I still miss her. No other dog has ever loved me like this beautiful dog did.

Send you all my love!

Take care,

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 11, 2013 6:47 PM

Hello to everybody from Fabulous Projects and KD Community!,

I wish you a Very Happy Mother's Day!!  Cake Music Right Hug

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on May 11, 2013 11:03 PM

Dear Wendy,

I am truly sorry to hear that news about Sasha.  I have experienced too also very very sadly, how quickly that disease can bring our beloved pets down.  It happened so quickly there was no other choice really for us as well.  It just about killed us as well.  So I understand what you are going thru.  I wish I could reverse all the pain you feel over your loss.  I can tell you it took us a very long time.  Even now I become very sad.  The only solace we had was knowing that we cared and provided him with a happy home and how much he was loved.  I know you have done the same and your Sasha was happy when she was with you.  You did a wonderful thing in giving her the very best home and care and she loved you. You couldn't have done more than that. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 107
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 14, 2013 5:11 AM

Dear Zass & Merlich,

Many thanks for your kind words, it is very hard for me at the moment, but I know that during the years that I had 'Sasha' she was happy. 'Sasha'  was  a little ray of sunshine that came into my life when I needed her the most. I wrote a poem for her called  - " An Angel with four paws".  I am hoping to get a nice double sided picture frame, so that I can put her picture in one side and the poem in the other.

Thanks again

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 165
marywoods wrote
on May 27, 2013 8:19 PM

Hello All!  I know, it's been a while since I've been here.  Sounds like all is going well.  Wendy, I am so sorry to hear about Sasha.  I know how hard it is to lose a pet.  They so easily become part of the family so their loss is very hard.  I hope you are doing better. 

Here is a pic of the Fountain Pen Shawl from the Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits magazine I finally finished it.  On my next trip down off the hill, I will take it to Angel.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Not Ranked
Posts 3
FilleUnique wrote
on May 30, 2013 7:28 AM

http://knitndgo.blogspot.be/

Take a look!

And become a friend!!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
FilleUnique wrote
on May 30, 2013 7:29 AM

http://knitndgo.blogspot.be/

Take a look!

Become a friend!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 2, 2013 12:12 AM

Hi Mary,

Your shawl is so beautiful... and a true labor of love.  How is Angel doing now?  Life is full of decisions, hopefully all is good for both of them. 

Again your work is amazing!  Thanks for sharing with us.  Hope you are doing well also. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 165
marywoods wrote
on Jun 2, 2013 5:14 PM

Dear ZassZ,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments.  I enjoyed making the shawl even though the wedding was called off.  Angel is doing well.  She is busy with work and friends and has just been told that she will be trained for the customer service desk at Fred Meyers where she works as a cashier.  In less than a year she has gone from being a parcel clerk to cashier to self serve cashier and now customer service desk.  She is making her way up through the ranks quickly.  But her boss seems to think she can handle it.

As for myself, I am doing fine.  I have a new definition for optimism.  Sitting in my comfy chair wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt with a fire in the woodstove because it hasn't made it up to 40 outside, knitting the front of a lace edged tank top.  A tank top that I know I will get to wear pretty soon!  It is a fairly simple lace pattern with a garter stitch border.  I downloaded the pattern at the Paton Yarn website.  It's a freebie called Sunny Days Tank top.  The design is for Paton's Grace.  A DK weight  acrylic yarn that is fun to work with.  I have the back done and will be working on the front while I sit here and do some maintenance on my computer.  Just some cleaning up of junk files.  That way I kill two birds with one stone.   Anyway, back at it.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Page 53 of 57 (854 items) « First ...  < Previous  51 52 53 54 55  Next >  ... Last » | RSS