Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 876 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 624
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 4, 2013 5:44 AM

Wow, what a gorgeous shawl! Mary, you do lovely work. I'm looking forward to seeing the lacy top too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jun 4, 2013 10:07 PM

Dear Wendy,

What a lovely idea! You will be able to see her picture and read the poem many times a day. I also have my dog's pic in my mobile phone and I see him all day long. I love him so much!

Take care,

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jun 4, 2013 10:20 PM

Dear Mary,

I've been also out of KD for long time, do not worry! I've just seen your fabulous shawl! I love it! Like I always tell you and will keep telling you: you have a very good taste and your knits are astonishing!! StarStarStarStarStar

By the time you are reading this, you might have given it to Angel. I am trying to imagine her face when she saw it. I am so happy for both of you!

I am also happy to know she is doing well and she is progressing in her workplace. And that you are doing well too! Your top sounds very good.

Send you my best wishes,

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jun 5, 2013 2:59 PM

Dear Merlich,

It's good to hear from you.  Thank-you for the compliments on the shawl.  I took it to town with me yesterday and gave it to her.  She was quite happy with it.  As for the tank top, the back is finished and the lace section of the front is about a quarter of the way done.  Though after the trip down out of the mountains and into town, I wish had it finished.  It was quite sunny and warm yesterday.  I think it hit somewhere in the 90's it The Dalles, Oregon, where I was at.  Maybe summer is finally deciding to make an appearance.  It is beautifully sunny today and the Western Tannagers (small brightly colored songbirds) and others are singing and flitting past the windows.  Looking out though, it looks like I need to refill the birdfeeders.  All in all another great day for knitting here on the mountain.  So, back at it!

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jun 29, 2013 1:58 AM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but I have been very busy - I have had quite a few orders for toys, however most of these have been toys that I have made before and so I have no new pictures to post as yet.

My brother wants me to make him a "Roadrunner" the one from the Looney tunes cartoons - I have been searching for a pattern for ages, I found a Crochet pattern but he wants a knitted one. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.  I suppose I could cobble one together from other bits, but I would rather have a pattern if possible.

Take care

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jun 29, 2013 2:05 AM

Dear Wendy,

Hi! Don't worry! I haven't been here for a long time neither. I had also forgoten my password!

I am glad to hear from you and to know you have been so busy and happy with all that work to do. It is fantastic!!

I've seen the Roadrunner in a japanese knitting site. There are also some japanese characters to knit too.

I'll try to look for it tomorow morning. It is 2:04 a.m. where I live. I was doing some writing but I am tired and I am going to bed now.

Send you lots of XOXOXO!!!

Happy to hear from you!!

Merlich

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jul 1, 2013 2:57 AM

Dear Merlich,

Thanks, I would be very grateful if you would do that for me.

Hope to hear from you soon

Wendy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 5, 2013 8:28 PM

Hi Mary, 

I haven't been here in awhile but just wondering how your laced edged tank to is doing?  I like the Paton yarn, Grace.  Very pretty. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 5, 2013 8:41 PM

Hi Wendy, 

I haven't posted for awhile either.  It seems we all have the same story!  Haven't seen Sharon, Merlich either.  Glad to hear about your selling your items though.  That must make you feel good,huh!  I'm working on a shower gift at the moment.  Not much new news.  Although I do want to go back to finish my racerback top one of these days.  I wanted to work it in the round, but aside from that my yarn was giving me trouble.  It was good yarn for a skirt, but not really suitable for the top.  My idea was to use it so the top would match the skirt, but oh well, some of our ideas don't always work the way we want them to.  Take care of yourself and I know by now your cold is gone Yes

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 5:55 AM

Hi Zass,

Yes my cold is a distant memory now, I have been very busy, sometimes I get lots of order for dolls, then I can go for months with nothing, I am working on a clown at the moment, and will post pics when it is done. 

I recently purchased a pattern for Beatrix Potters 'Peter Rabbit'  oh it is beautiful, it cost me a small forturne on an ebay auction, but It was so nice I could not resist it - trouble is now I can't wait to start on it, and of course I must finish the orders I have first.. Oh well it gives me something to look forward too.

Hope you solve the problem with the wool for your racerback top, as I am looking forward to seeing the finished article/

Take care

Wendy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 3:01 PM

Dear ZassZ,

Hi there!  I just realized it has been over a month since I was in here.  I finally finished the tank top and wore it to town last Tuesday.  Thank goodness, it was well over 100 degrees in The Dalles.  The weather has cooled a bit, but summer has definitely come to Timber Valley. 

The tank top took a little longer since I had to adjust the armholes and neckline to suit my somewhat round figure.  I am currently working on a 2cd one for my oldest daughter for her birthday next month.  This one will be a purple varigated that I found.  It is Deborah Norville Serenity Garden.  It's a really soft DK weight acrylic yarn.  When I get it done, I will post pics of the two of them. 

I am also laying out the design for a Kindle Cover and pod pouches (for iPhones and iPods).  I am going to use left over self-striping sock yarn for the pod pouches and both DK and worsted yarn for the Kindle Covers.  My oldest has a Kindle so I am also making her a cover for it with the yarn left from her tank top.  Not sure yet of the stitch pattern I want to use.  I will be doing them in the round so there is a minimum of sewing.  I hate sewing!  Anyway, back at it.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 2:25 PM

Hi Mary, 

Looking forward to your pics when you get around to them.  I understand the heat thing.  It was super hot here in last weeks of June and 1st week of July.  Cooling gradually tho now.  We kept getting temperature readings for Death Valley records which was the last thing I wanted to think about when it was scorching all over except at the very water's edge.  Are you cooling down now too?  Hope so.  Umbrella

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 2:31 PM

Hi Wendy,

well you found a really nice pattern, eh?  One of my absolute favs is Peter Rabbit.  We would sit and read those together so many times.  I am still enjoying her storybooks.  And I have to say I really love all those little animal friends, hard to say or choose which one is my favored but I know Peter was the first one I became acquainted with as a child.  I would love to see him if you finish him.  Also I wanted to ask you when you mention orders for your "dolls" do you mean the ones like the pics we have seen here from you, or are they different in that they are regular dolls as in baby dolls?  Do you get your orders thru advertising or thru word of mouth?  I could use a little help with that.  So take care and hope to hear back and in the meantime glad you are enjoying your endeavors. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 8, 2013 2:34 PM

Hi Merlich and Sharon! 

I had to laugh when I read that about forgetting a password.  I think we've all been busy so it's good.  Really looking forward to seeing the latest characters from Wendy and Mary's top.  Also Sharon's Racerback which she finished and will be posting pic of soon (we hope).  Well have to go re-organize a chest with some knitting stuff in it and a few other things that I want to separate out.  Hope you both are having a happy day. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jul 12, 2013 1:29 AM

Hi Zass,

Yes I love Peter Rabbit too and can't wait to start him. As for orders for dolls, I get order for the dolls as I have pictured and also for other more regular dolls.

I do not advertise as such, although I have put some of my dolls on ebay in the past.  I do put pictures on the Knitting paradise site as well as this one. Mostly  it is just word of mouth.  The ladies at my church often order dolls for birthdays, xmas, and other special occasions, and since I have lived in this little village I have had a few orders from the locals.  I comes in fits and starts, I can go months and months without anyone wanting anything, then I may get a load at once.

I have just finished making a clown and will post the pic sometime this week.

Take care  wendy

Page 54 of 59 (877 items) « First ...  < Previous  52 53 54 55 56  Next >  ... Last » | RSS