Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 31, 2014 4:11 PM

Hi Wendy,  

Oh yes I certainly do love that Spaniel.  

I guess that makes perfect sense that you would not even have to pay to advertise.  Really the article itself in the hands of one appreciative owner is the advertisement.  I have decided that "Word of Mouth" is best way for the reason that a satisfied owner is going to tell the best story of what they purchased.  Also I agree that even for myself, I do not knit fast enough to make a living.  I take my time and do what I do out of a love, but when I get the "forced knit feeling", I don't enjoy it.  Just glad you have been able to work it out for yourself to make it so enjoyable and the compensation allows you to purchase more supplies.  Just perfect if you ask me!  Yes   

As usual looking forward to seeing your Tabby cat when done.  Thanks and so wonderful to hear from you again.  

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 31, 2014 4:26 PM

Hi LJ5,  

I see we have a new interest here and I am glad you found us all!  

Your description of your variegated was fun.  Yes, I have lots of yarn that speaks to me that way as well.  Resourcing knit stitches is fun.  When I am in that mood, usually I will go to a few fav sites and just try out one at a time.  Or pull out my knitting stitch dictionary if I feel like actually turning pages.  

In a similar endeavor, I love to search for fabrics that remind me of something I wore growing up.  Is that what they call getting in touch with your childhood? You know, just that pattern or type of cloth that was a fav dress or blouse, etc. That can take me off into all kinds of directions.  

Would love to see a pic of your cowl if wouldn't mind posting it here.  I guess that is how this thread got started actually.  But if you aren't into posting the pics, we still enjoy hearing or reading about them.  So glad you wrote and I look forward to hearing of your future endeavors and also your embellished squares for the blanket you are contributing to. Hope you don't mind addressing you as LJ5 or if you use a nickname let us know.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
LaceMistress wrote
on Apr 2, 2014 2:10 PM

I knitted a pleated sweater blouse!  I'm calling it Gwyneira (pronounced Gwen-ear-rah) because I knitted it while watching "Once Upon a Time" and Gwyneira is my translation of "Snow White" into Welsh (gwyn= white; eira = snow).  This is my own design.  I used US size 10 needles and just 2 skeins of Universal Yarn's Bamboo Bloom and the entire thing is worked over 60 stitches for both the front and the back for a 34 inch bust.  The pleats are just cables done on a stockinette background.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 3, 2014 4:12 AM

Hi LaceMistress,

Love the top, (and  it's name), great for summer, I have never tried cable knitting, not much call for it with knitted toys, it looks really good.

Take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 660
salmonmac wrote
on Apr 4, 2014 6:08 AM

Beautiful design that really shows off the yarn. Very nicely done!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 4, 2014 2:52 PM

Hi LaceMistress

What a cute idea!  Thanks for sharing with us here.  What are you working on next? 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
LaceMistress wrote
on Apr 4, 2014 6:44 PM

I should probably finish the zillion other sweaters I have in various stages of completion.........*guilty look*.  Yarn is my chocolate!  :p

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 6, 2014 8:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have finally finished the Tabby Cat - The  pattern is by Alan Dart. I have to admit it was not the easiest toy I have ever made, but I like how it turned out.I 

I have a Pointer dog to do next (just a small one), and MIckey mouse.

Hope you like it!

Take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 660
salmonmac wrote
on Apr 6, 2014 1:36 PM

Wendy, you are wonderful! The tabby is adorable with the perfect expression.

I find toy patterns just about impossible and I have lots of knitting projects in the rear view mirror. Somhow,I'm always disappointed in my toys but yours are a treat to see, each and every one.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 6, 2014 2:59 PM

LaceMistress,  

Ok well we all get that for sure.  By the way what is the name of the yarn you used for your sweater blouse?  It looks like a thick to thin one?  I have a piece of dark chocolate every day.  Whisper   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 6, 2014 3:04 PM

Hi Wendy, 

Oh he looks so cute and spunky!  Very well done!  If we lived closer I could come over and pet him.  So cute.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 13, 2014 2:59 PM

Hi Zass, Salmonac, Lace mistress and all,

Many thanks glad you like him.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Apr 14, 2014 8:49 PM

To all my knitting friends out there,

HI!!! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  Just been out of touch with it for a while.  Fighting issues with the computer and trying to get some designs prepped for submission and possible publication.  I'm glad I finally got a chance to get into the forum to see the latest goodies. 

Wendy, I love all the new critters you have added recently, especially the little puppy and the tabby cat. 

I am looking forward to checking in and seeing what else is going on.  I currently have several warm weather goodies on the needles.  I'm being optimistic that summer will eventually get here.  So back at it.

Mary Woods

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 15, 2014 11:36 PM

Hi Mary, 

Seems like time gets away from us all.  Glad you are doing well.  If I were going to write this a bit ago, my post would have read pretty much like yours as far as issue with computer, phones, etc.  Done with the necessary organizing that I have to keep up with too so that is always a plus.  Looking forward to seeing your finished projects when you get a moment to post them (after you do them of course) and I will post mine as well.  

Take good care!  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 24, 2014 11:49 PM

KnittenTiger,

This is for the person asking for pattern for easy baby blanket.  I was trying to remember where I got the pattern.  Now I recall I did a basket weave stitch.  Just make is as wide as you like and factor in the border stitches which are knit as you go along and bottom, left, right and top borders are all done in one piece.  It is very simple to follow.  

Page 57 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  55 56 57 58 59  Next > | RSS