Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 13, 2010 10:31 PM

Hi Yogama, 

Ask him if he copies it from the tab?  Thanks for trying to help me. 

Oh you aren't!  Good for you girl.  I guess wonders will never cease.  When we go on errands together, if I want to stop in the LYS I have to plan ahead and make sure he has something to read with him.  Then he's ok with it.  As he always has lots of reading to catch up on, it works out good.  Ha Ha!

I'll try to get to my pictures too.  I was thinking I would do it today, but it didn't happen.  I need the good light in the morning.  By th]e way don't forget to look at the Vogue 360 and see the Eyelet Cowl when you can.  Oh my it's never gonna end, is it?  And I am so glad!  [:D

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 14, 2010 7:13 PM

Hi Yogama, 

I spent some time today taking pictures.  Here is my blanket just finished.  The top edge is over the chair, but it looks just like the lower bottom edge. 

I would love to see your baby jacket.  I have some more pics to show you as well. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 15, 2010 9:14 AM

hi zassz,

wow! nice blanket! love the colors. you must have spent a long time making it? hopefully you love it after all the effort? your hat and scarf look nice also.  i like the way you coordinated them. and i do know you love hats.

i took pics of all my baby thongs yesterday. my camera was acting a bit odd. it would auto focus and then when i clicked it, it would slightly out of focus itself. not sure what is up with that. now i have to wait for tomorrow for someone to help me upload them. i can get them into email, its getting them into the thread that i have trouble with. this time i will pay attention and maybe learn? haha!

have a nice rest of your weekend,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 15, 2010 1:10 PM

Hi Yogama,

Here are two more.  One is a little funky, for just  when running around town.  The pink one is in baby mohair, very soft.  I do have to take some more pics and this is good, I am getting around to it, so all my projects are in a little book I keep with their pictures.  Now I am finally keeping up on adding the pictures so I not only have the patterns, the yarns, needle sizes, etc. along with my notes also the picture.  I will get the yellow dress for you soon.  I am waiting patiently til tomorrow for your uploads!  Computer

I can't wait to start on my Seven Rib Shell Hat by Meg Swansen. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 15, 2010 1:25 PM

hi zassz,

oh i love the funky one! is it knitted or felted? hard to tell from the pic, but just so cute and different. makes running around town more fun doesn't it? where are you again? cal? sorry but i can't remember. you must have cold weather to have all the cute hats. i am in nj about 1/2 mile from the ocean. i do what you do, a little note stapled into the pattern book with needle sozes, a yarn wrapper and a piece of yarn. i also want to add a pic since i do take pics of everything. printing them on computer paper doesn't look great. i want to get a photo printer for my camera. maybe for christmas. i can start hinting (very loudly) now. i have a color printer but it doesn't work, so that's no help.

i will get my son working on my pics tomorrow as soon as he reports to work. haha! top priority and all that!

so? did you start your shell hat yet? have fun with that.

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 17, 2010 7:15 PM

Hi Yogama, 

the funky one is knitted and then i did a little decorative hand stitch around the border with embroidery threads.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 24, 2010 8:35 PM

Hi all,

ZassZ:

• If not, how close are you to finishing?  

I am close to finishing this pair.  I am going to do a one over two "gathered" bind off (not sure if it's what I want, but I'll see how it looks) and then finish the thumb openings. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 7:04 PM

Here is the finished pair.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 10:21 PM

Hi ZassZ...

So pretty + they look very "designer". Have you decided to keep them or are they a gift?

Fancy pics + manicure too!!!

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 9:31 AM

hi zassz,

those are so fun! your personality is coming out. you like interesting and different and are not afraid to step out of the boring and mundane. good for you!

so....what's next? haha!

did you see that gorgeous crocheted pattern andrea posted? too bad i am not a crocheter. it is really pretty!

hppy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 11:09 AM

Morning Andrea, 

Thank you!  I just made the pattern up as I go along.  I like to do that, break out of the "box" - I know you know what I mean.  I was going to give them as a gift, but now my sister wants to sell them at her workplace.  There are alot of people there who like this type of gift.  So we'll see.  My daughter wants them.  Decisions - decisions. 

I'll have to go look up a crochet pattern of yours, Sharon mentioned if I had seen it yet.  No, but I will look.  Also I read about Zoe's (future) possible hat escapades.  This is too fun!  I also heard about this show on CBC called "The Week The Women Went" about a small town called Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia where the members of the Red Hat Society visit the town shops, restaurants, etc. before the women of the town return from their vacation.  I've never seen it, but maybe you know about it. 

I have a nice little hat to suggest for her but I do not know what would look good on her.    Haven't done polish for awhile it never lasts more than a day before it needs to be re-done (hands seem to always be in water), so I just usually go plain.   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 11:16 AM

Hi Yogama, 

Thanks - and I am going to check out the crochet pattern.  You can crochet, if you want to, it's Whisper very easy.  Isn't that what they said to get us knitting too?  Ha.  By the way, you are going to take some knitting with you to the tennis match aren't you?  Why not - you'll be sitting for awhile, huh?  And then there's the drive there and back home again.  Listen to me, I am trying to keep you working.  You can always take it and if you just feel like plain relaxing then you can leave it in the bag.    

Hope you have a nice time and talk soon!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 11:26 AM

hi zassz,

wait - do you know me? or should i rephrase that. you know me too well! of course i am taking knitting with me. haha! asked hubby this am if he thought it would be allowed. i did the same thing when i was the unexpected fourth for a yankees game. worked on my knitting and the hubby and sons were embarrassed. they were sure i would be flashed on the jumbo tron. as if i would care? woudn't embarrass me at all. i would get all excited and say "lookee mee, on the big screen". i do this to keep those menfolk in their place. all except wayne. sounds like he gets it! what did andrea say? he was resigned? mine chooses not to know. that's how he deals with it all. i moght have to pick up something simpler to take with me. i do have those mittens for christmas. might have to dig them out and take them along with me. oh i will figure it out!

tell us about your daughter's shop? must be an interesting place if she wants to sell those really cool gloves! it also sounds like you will be knitting another pair for daughter!  and i do know what you mean about polish on the nails. looks so nice for a day. if that! that just means we are "real" women and not pampered. haha!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 11:51 AM

Hi Yogama, 

You asked about my daughter's shop?  No, it's my sister that wants to sell them at her work.  I had to laugh, yeah -  my daughter SHOPS!!! allright ALL over this world.  Wink

Yes something simple is just perfect.  Who knows who you may inspire?  I'll look for you on TV what color will you be wearing?  Ha Ha!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 1:14 PM

hi zassz,

oops. got that one wrong. yes, my daughter shops also! good luck to you finding us on tv - we have the nose bleed seats way on the top! but i'm sure we will be walking around searching out shade. i'll be wearing white with a straw hat, just like everyone else that wants to beat the heat!

chat later,

sharon

Page 2 of 59 (878 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS