Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 31, 2012 7:58 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thanks for the compliments you did to both of us. Yes, he is thinking he's given me a lesson. Now I know he beheaves better when we are in the street than when we are at home.

I am glad you like my dog that much!

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 31, 2012 8:37 PM

Hi Merlich,

I am back from my little shopping trip today.  A lot tired though.  It was fun and I am happy with my ribbons.  They are for the sewing project I was telling you about.  Now I can finish that and get back to the next knitting project. 

Did you make up the pattern for your pet sweater?  Or is it one you got online?  Have a nice evening all of you, you too little pup!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 2:00 PM

Hi, Merlich & Zass,

AAhh - he is so sweet so adorable I love your dog - I think I will have to find a pattern and knit one like him when I can.  His sweater is brilliant.

7 donkeys down, 13 to go - actually they are surprisingly easy and quick to make - it's just getting the time to do them.  They only stand 5 inches tall.

Take care.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 6:32 PM

Hi ZassZ,

What a wonderful thing is to go shopping! It makes me feel sooooo good. Specially, if I find the thing I was looking for. You sound very excited. Uummm! Then... you are almost done! I wish it becomes very beautiful!!!!

Yes, I made this sweater up. I love this stitch pattern. Twenty three years ago I made a cardigan to a niece, of eighteen months old in that time, with this stitch pattern, with a white yarn and a light red thread, Snuggly, from Sirdar with brass buttons, heart shaped. At the end, it looked like a little coat. My friends told me a lot of compliments about it but I thought it was only because they cared about me. When my cousin took her daughter to the childcare facility, all the teachers and the other moms who were there at that moment, surrounded them and said a lot of compliments too. That made me very happy. That is why I wanted to make it again.

Thanks for your asking!

Have a nice evening too from both of us!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 7:46 PM

Hi WendyJ,

Thank you for the compliments you said about my dog and his sweater. It will be really exciting to see a knitted westie. I wish you can find one.

Are you a volunteer at The Donkey Sanctuary? There is also a Horse Sanctuary, isn't it? It is a very noble work for these helpless animals. They give everything for they owners and they receive nothing but abuse. The same happens to many other kind of animals. Humanity is returning to the era of the cave where they don't feel any compassion for living.

How exciting must be! I wish they all look very nice and make the recipients very happy too. As much as they make you happy making them.

Take your time.

Take care.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 5:45 AM

Hi Merlich,

The Donkey Sanctuary is a long way from where I live, I found the site on the web one day and decided that I would like to support them by knitting some donkeys for them to sell.  They supply the pattern and also send the CE labels to attach to them.

So far I have finished 10 - so 10 more to go - I will post a picture of them before I send them off, so you can see what they look like.

Guess what !  I have found a pattern for a westie, but I am so snowed under with orders at the moment, however I will get round to making one sometime this year -it will probably be one of those projects I do in stages - inbetween other bits.

Take care

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 10:33 PM

Hi WendyJ,

Oooooh!!!! You are very kind!! In some way you are a volunteer. You are giving them all your work for free so they can make money for the Donkey Sanctuary. I am sure they will sell them very fast, your knitting sets are always very beautiful. You are near to your goal. I guess when you read this you'll be almost done. I'm happy for you!!!!!!

Wonderful you could find the pattern for a westie! Don't worry if you can't knit it soon. It makes me happy you have such a lot of orders. I hope it makes you happy too.

Hugs!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 6:16 PM

Hi WendyJ, 

I do really hope you make a knitted westie.  That is such a great idea!  I know you could do an excelent one. 

Merlich:

Hi WendyJ,

Thank you for the compliments you said about my dog and his sweater. It will be really exciting to see a knitted westie. I wish you can find one.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 6:20 PM

Hi WendyJ & Merlich, 

That is a really nice thing to do for the sanctuary. I had no idea that such a thng existed.  But this is wonderful to hear what you are doing.  Keep up the good work! 

And Merlich, that pattern must be really beautiful.  When people you don't even know stop to see closer what you have done, it tells you the value and expertise of your work!  So nice you duplicated it for your little pup, that you love.  What a guy!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 9:20 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I've been looking for the original swatch to show you, but I can't find it. I'm afraid I've unravelled it to knit a cardi for a doll. I can't remember. It looked very nice with the Snuggly yarn. I'll keep on looking for it. Or, I'll look for a nice left over to knit a swatch again. I hadn't made that stitch pattern until now because it is very thick and the weather here was not to wear a sweater that warm. My cousin and her family live in Idaho.

What about your bead piece? Are you already on it? How it looks with the ribbon? I wish it looks very nice. I like all the things you've posted. You have good taste!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 2:52 PM

HI Merlich, 

How are you today?  I'm doing fine.  That was so nice of you to look for the swatch.  I do like to save stitch pattern swatches too.  Thanks for taking the time.  I am almost finished with the beaded pieces.  I've done five, one more to go.  I'll try to get you pics of them. 

Today is foggy, rainy and cool here.  So I am wrapped up in one of my shawls.  Dinner is already done, so now I can work on the last beaded piece, but first a nice steamy hot cup of coffee for me.  

Oh I am sure they will need warm sweaters in Idaho.   How is that litle cutie pie westie doing in his new sweater?  He really looks like such a little character! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 6:24 PM

Hi All,

Here are two pics of the cowls I did a little bit ago. 

I also put them up under Reader Photo Gallery with a description. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 10:54 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Hello, ZassZ! I am happy you are doing fine! I'm good too, thank you. Since last week it has been cold, cloudy and rainy. We are also wrapped in those huge ponchos called "ruanas" from Peru. They are so warm.

I haven't found the swatch yet. I had the big idea to put every swatch and every leftover in a plastic bag. Although I don't have a big amount of them, I have a lot to see yet. I like your cowls very much. I can see you like herringbone stitch. It is a pretty stitch pattern and very fast to work with. The ruffles match perfectly. And the colours of the yarn and buttons are really cute. I went to see your pics at the Readers Photo Gallery. Beautiful!!!!!  You've knitted a lot of beautiful garments. I looked the entire Readers Gallery and saw all the work you've posted. You are an avid knitter! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

My dog thinks his sweater is too warm to wear it. I think he just let me put it on just to please me and no more. Well, the truth is that it is very thick. He becomes hot very soon and starts scratching until he gets rid of it. That's the end of the story. He doesn't like to wear sweaters, no way.

I wish to see your beading work soon.

Take care.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 3:35 PM

Hi Laura, 

Also a belated "thank you" for posting your Florence doll.  Now I will recognize your avatar.  Have you been working on anything new lately? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 3:42 PM

Hi 1halfcent,

I also missed this hat you did back in September.  So I would like to say a belated "thank you" for posting your pic of it.  It looks soft & cuddly.  I just saw your pic of the yarn you are using on the new sweater kal.  I think it will be pretty with the yarn you chose.  Happy knitting!

Page 28 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  26 27 28 29 30  Next >  ... Last » | RSS