Knitting a Wrap-Jacket?Help please.

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Islander97 wrote
on Sep 17, 2011 3:00 AM

I am a beginner at knitting and I need some help. I have loads of books on knitting but I can not make sense out of what they are saying. I want to knit a simple wrap-jacket and need to know how to knit it. Any help would be appreciated. Especially videos. 

Islander97

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
zewdita wrote
on Sep 17, 2011 5:26 PM

Hello Islander97!!!

First of all what you need to do is find a pattern that  you want to knit, then if there are any techniques you are not familiar with look them up on YOUTUBE with tutorials from Eunny or the knitwitch. Hope this helps :)  And make sure you have the GAUGE right that's really important!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jefvxJFOpU

http://www.youtube.com/user/theknitwitch#p/u/4/WekMSvRvR1s

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Sandy Sharpe wrote
on Sep 18, 2011 12:20 PM

Dear Islander - in addition to finding the right pattern and using YouTube as a support, I highly recommend you use the KnitPiks circular Wooden Harmony needles.  The tips and cables are sold separately and you may feel they are a little pricy for a beginner - think of them as an investment.  I teach knitting and I find that sometimes beginners have trouble managing two straight needles.  The tips are wonderful - the tips are really pointy and the tip itself is unbelievably smooth and easy to use.  Additionally, I recommend you use the Hobby Lobby's house brand of yarn "I Love this Yarn", worsted weight.  It's an acrylic and very soft, and easy to use.  Choose a light color of your choice.  This will enable you to identify any mistakes or dropped stitches, much more easily.  I hope you enjoy knitting and GOOD LUCK!!  It's a truly fun hobby!!!  Sandy

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Islander97 wrote
on Oct 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Thank you so much for your help zewdita. I really appreciate it.

Islander97

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Islander97 wrote
on Oct 1, 2011 11:42 AM

Thank you so much for your help Sandy Sharpe. I really appreciate it.

Islander97

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS