Fishermans Rib

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
dlwendland wrote
on Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM

I'm making a Fisherman rib scarf and noticed a dropped stitch; I tried to fix which was a huge mistake. Could someone please tell me how to fix dropped stitches in Fishermans rib or ever how to rip out and get back on needles?

Thank you so much

dlwendland

Not Ranked
Posts 2
dlwendland wrote
on Sep 26, 2011 12:41 PM

Well don't ask me how but I did managed to fix it.Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rcherm wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 6:37 AM

My best way of fixing dropped stitches in fiisherman's rib that was created by pearl 1, knit 1 below on all rows is this:

secure your dropped loop!! pull the knitting needles apart to
see your "ladder of threads". examine them. every dropped stitch
creates two threads on the ladder, a B thread and an A thread above it.
The only exception is if your top stitch was a regular pearl, then there will be an odd number of loose threads in your ladder and the top thread will be crocheted like a regular purl. The "A" threads will be looser and may retain an upward curve because it was forming an upward loop. Every B thread was also wrapped around the bottom of a loop but goes off to the side to form loops in the two stitches to the side.. but does not form a loop in this stitch.

Turn your knitting around so you are looking at the the purled side of the dropped stitch (the raised side):

------A------
------B------
------A------
------B------
^ --> Dropped Stitch

This shows a dropped stitch that has unraveled only twice. For each unraveled loop TWO threads are freed into your ladder.
Notice the A threads tend to be longer - They may even retain the shape of a downward facing loop looking like a frown.

1. slide your crochet hook through the dropped loop
2. slide your crochet UNDER the next thread up the ladder, the B thread
3. grab the A (upper) thread with the crochet hook and pull it through your old loop to form a new loop. Pull the new loop towards you and up Notice that your new loop has two threads wrapped around its bottom, the B thread and the old loop thread.

4. Repeat with new loop until you're at the top. If the dropped stitch was last purled you should have an odd number of threads in your ladder and the last time you need only pull one thread through your loop.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 30, 2013 4:20 AM

Thank you so much my knitting is fixed without having to unpick lots of rows :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS