Knitting for Daisy: Vote here!

This post has 542 Replies | 102 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,540
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Oct 3, 2011 7:02 PM

Help me decide which sweater to knit for Daisy!

Which sweater should I knit for Daisy?

• Classic Cabled Aran Sweater (33.2%)
  • Fetching Fair Isle Jumper (26.7%)
  • The Party Dress (12%)
  • The Jean Jacket (28.1%)
  • Total Votes: 1851
  • Voting Ended: 11/2/2011
Not Ranked
Posts 1
barra154 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 1:45 AM

Oh the cable one, it's so delightful and it's little arms look gorgeous.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
nekzara wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 1:46 AM

Kathleen Cubley:

Help me decide which sweater to knit for Daisy!

[Please visit the original post to access the poll]

the jean jacket, then the cable, then the fair isle and last the party dress

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LindaD@23 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 1:51 AM

I think the fairisle one is gorgeous, it looks so cosy! Its very practical colourwise  for a puppy, and would enhance Daisys  colouring.

Linda

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Ameda wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 1:52 AM

I love the Fairisle - especially since you've been talking about colorwork in recent posts.  I'd love to find yarns that match the colors of her coat!  It would give the impression that you knitted her sweater with yarn spun from her mother's coat. 

Much Love, Ameda

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
MelanieD wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 1:53 AM

I knit the cable aran last Christmas for my friend's Boston Terrier, it worked up so fast! You will be fine for a girl dog but for a boy dog be careful not to make the chest too low or they can't pee...

So far I haven't knitted a sweater for my English Cocker Spaniel Alina but she does have one in black (she's black!) that has silver edges and silver wings with "Angel" in silver written across the back - quite hilarious but essential when she's been freshly trimmed in winter! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lattewoman wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 1:55 AM

The aran cable will knit up fastest.  I like the fair isle best, but speed is better this close to cold.  So, Aran is peachy.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
EmerUi wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:01 AM

Definitely the Fair Isle for Daisy. It suits her colour and her coat. perfectly. Stay warm Daisy!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jaspersmom wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:01 AM

I love Aran Isle patterns.  While looking complicated they are relly very easy to knit.  I love the way the sleeves finish, with what looks like a little cuff.  I think Daisy is just precious and how lucky she is to have you as her Mom.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Ann@151 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:04 AM

Oh Kathleen!

What a wee cutie. Now I'm sure you've said recently you've fallen in love with Fair Isle again and like Fair Isle, Daisy is a wee classic. Practical too with that extra thickness of strands. I would say. go for the Fair Isle!

Ann from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 21, 2011 2:12 AM

I just voted for the cable aran sweater but upon reading Ameda's idea I think I may have changed my mind. Daisy will look darling in anything you knit her Kathleen!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
b hunter wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:16 AM

Jean Jacket.... she's kind of a free spirit! :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Laraine5 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:32 AM

A girl needs a change of clothes so I say knit them all - go on - you know you want to - Laraine

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Liakno wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:40 AM

You may really need to knit all four--she's going to grow fast!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
heidelat wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 2:52 AM

Definitely the fair isle! Very sporty, and evidence that Daisy is held in high regard. I lived near New Orleans in the 1980's and used to visit The Quarter Stitch; a wonderful yarn shop there. The owner had a little Yorkie (I believe her name was Sophie) who wore hand knitted sweaters, when it was cold enough. They used to sit on the counter in a pile, for the customers to see and for Sophie to nap on. It showed customers what could be done with one skein of fancy yarns, and simple stockinette stitch. They were beautiful and functional! Heide

Page 1 of 37 (543 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS