Hat Knitting Poll

This post has 142 Replies | 47 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 27, 2011 5:41 PM

ZassZ:
Kathleen, You should do them ALL, but do the Welted Toque first because it will go the fastest. Time

elovesheehan:
(Oh, props to the gal who said Kath should knit all 3!!)

Thank you, Elizabeth, Glad you liked the suggestion!  I feel that I can never have too many hats.  It makes perfect sense to me, after all there are 365 days in a year - ha ha. 

Hope you have a safe flight home.  Travel 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JanCanKnit wrote
on Nov 27, 2011 7:27 PM

The toque.  It's a beautiful, stylish, sophisticated hat.   Love the asymmetrical detailing.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
craftynana2 wrote
on Nov 27, 2011 7:42 PM

The toque is very stylish and cleancut. Would likely look good in her favorite color! Unless it's terribly cold where she will be, it will be a very nice hat for her.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Nov 27, 2011 8:01 PM

I vote for the everdeen beanie.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Nov 27, 2011 9:27 PM

Everdeen is what I hope you do.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
M Purkis wrote
on Nov 27, 2011 9:55 PM

I like the Topiary  style --- the lace is classy and the style should suit any shape head/face. But the Welted toque would be a close second because it would probably knit up more quickly.   MP.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
knit squared wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 9:21 AM

I like the everdeenbeanie myself.  Just enough pattern for a challenge, but not enough to make me crazy.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
deldaria wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 9:47 AM

I like the Welted Toque. I just bought this book myself and I am so excited to knit all the hats, I have no idea where to start!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
rachellen wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 11:18 AM

The Welted Toque cries to my heart: pick me!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
katehickey wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 12:04 PM

Kathleen, How wonderful that your sister will be home in time for the holidays!  You must be so happy!

Thanks much for your newsletters each week.  I always take the time to review it.

Best,

Kathleen Hickey (love your name!)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lois McAfee wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 12:26 PM

It;s sophisticated and stylish - and covers a lot to keep the wearer warm.  LMc

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Joan Muse wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 3:25 PM

Well, I voted for the toque, but one of each should suffice nicely for her! They are all lovely, and everybody needs a choice.....so start with the toque and the other two to follow.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
knitterbee wrote
on Nov 28, 2011 8:54 PM

topiary is my vote

Not Ranked
Posts 2
creator82 wrote
on Nov 29, 2011 3:56 AM

The torque if she doesn't want an ear-flap beanie I've been making myself some ea-rflap beanies but I usuallky leave the tail on the flaps so as to add a braided cord to be able tie under the chin to hold it on when it's windy please feel free to ask for a copy of the pattern I use. I'm an Aussie so I've been using moda vera wisp wool which is an 8ply yarn it's beautifully warm and soft also it has some sparkly bits in it so t looks a little fancy. Especially the black one, as I've made t in 3 colours so far pink & a multi coloured pastel yarn, black and red. I also made matching gloves and scarves for them.     

Not Ranked
Posts 1
aineknits wrote
on Nov 29, 2011 4:14 AM

the welted toque is definitely my favourite.

Kathleen Cubley:

Help me choose a hat to knit for my sister! (View the choices here.)

[Please visit the original post to access the poll]

Page 9 of 10 (143 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next > | RSS