The Official Forum for the TURN A SQUARE HAT KNIT-ALONG

This post has 55 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 3 users
Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Dec 21, 2011 12:04 PM

My circular needles were to long. I'll have to wait until after the holidays to knit a hat.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Dec 22, 2011 9:48 PM

Chris Marrangoni:

My circular needles were to long. I'll have to wait until after the holidays to knit a hat.

YouTube has some great videos that could teach you how to do the Magic Loop for knitting-in-the-round with a long circular needle.  I don't even own DPN's (maybe that was why I got the gaps in my hat.)

Not Ranked
Posts 3
MJML wrote
on Dec 23, 2011 7:21 AM

I am ready to go on double point needles for a hat for my grandson.  Black base, but I didn't have self-striping yarn so I used a multicolor alternating with a solid that is in it - in a fibonacci sequence pattern - 3-3-2-2-1-1.  Looks great.  Hope I have time to block it before I have to wrap it.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
nanciepancy wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 8:42 AM

MY NAME IS NANCIE K. AND I'M NEW TO  KNITTING DAILY. I AM SO TICKLED THAT I FOUND YOU. I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH. I'M GOING TO GIVE THE  HAT A TRY AND THEN WANT TO TRY DOING THE SOCKS WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT ROUNDS OF COLOR.  WILL POST A PICTURE WHEN I'M FINISHED.  THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PATTERNS AND HELP.  I'LL PROBABLY BE BACK WITH QUESTIONS ON HOW TO'S. HOPE IT GOES SMOOTHLY FOR ME.  THANKS AGAIN  YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB.  NANC

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jan 6, 2012 12:52 PM

Can you estimate how many yards of yarn are needed for each color?  I have two small skeins, 87 yards each color, and do not know if they will be enough.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
nilmerf wrote
on Jan 10, 2012 3:12 PM

made with almost EXACTLY 1 skein of NORO Kureyen  (barely a metre or 2 left)

knit up like a dream on 4.5 mm 2 circular needles

HJ Fremlin

Bolton, ON Canada

Not Ranked
Posts 1
martymouse wrote
on Jan 18, 2012 9:54 AM

I absolutely love your hat and was very touched by the story that went with it! Fabulous work.

Thanks for the share!

MartyMouse

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 10, 2012 3:11 PM

I wonder if you are still working on this KAL. I have knitted this hat this past month and did not do it justice. I would like to try again, and I was about to do it on my own, but seeing that it was a KAL, I would much prefer to knit it and be able to ask questions along the way. I just watched Eunny's jogless stripe video and she had a different way of doing it than Jared's video.  Nice to know that there is more than one way and can try each and see which works better for any knitter.   I will wait to hear a reply to see if this KAL before starting. Thank you.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 10, 2012 3:11 PM

I wonder if you are still working on this KAL. I have knitted this hat this past month and did not do it justice. I would like to try again, and I was about to do it on my own, but seeing that it was a KAL, I would much prefer to knit it and be able to ask questions along the way. I just watched Eunny's jogless stripe video and she had a different way of doing it than Jared's video.  Nice to know that there is more than one way and can try each and see which works better for any knitter.   I will wait to hear a reply to see if this KAL before starting. Thank you.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kirabcdef wrote
on Apr 17, 2012 9:30 AM

You are very smart!  I I should learn from you!

free software download
dvd cloner for mac

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MaryLundholm wrote
on Apr 22, 2012 11:39 AM

Hey, who knew....I did a knit along without knowing it was a knit along...I just finished this hat...

Mary

Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS