Spool Knitting Tool

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
KRoger wrote
on Jul 20, 2008 7:03 PM

At a craft show, I saw a spool knitter that worked by turning a handle instead of winding each stitch onto the prongs.  Any clue where I can get one or what they're called?  I'm kicking myself for not getting one.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MomB wrote
on Jul 20, 2008 8:22 PM

I have seen them at Joann Fabrics for about $15.  You can see it on their web site joann.com under Knit and Crochet/Knitting Machines.  There are two different ones, and I have looked at them in the store and don't see much difference between the two.  One is called Embellish It, and the other is called Cool Corder.  Read the reviews before purchasing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
on Jul 21, 2008 3:20 PM

They are like a sock knitting machine and cost about $100...before the last inflation hikes. I asked around in my guilds and they said they are fine for doll clothes and light things. They are made of lightweight plastic. Just Google the words and you'll find them.

The Michaels rought for $10-15 might be the best bang for the buck.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
KRoger wrote
on Jul 21, 2008 5:55 PM

Thanks to Mom and DeniseJ for replying so quickly.  I've looked at the two at Joannes and the blurb says one is for very fine thread and one is for heavier thread.  The sock knitting one is a bit large for what I want to do but I'll keep that in mind too.  Thanks, girls, and thankd Knitting Daily for giving me somewhere to ask my question.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS