camera angle

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
DanielleS wrote
on Aug 17, 2008 6:00 PM

I'm suprised no one else has mentioned camera angle. I wish they also had a camera over the people's shoulder that they could cut to when demonstrating a technique or what have you. I find myself trying to stand on my head while watching so that I can see things as if they were if front of me instead of upside down.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Macuhica wrote
on Aug 18, 2008 10:15 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. Wonder why would they not repeat that camera-above-the-hands-of-the-featured-designer that worked so well  in Knitty Gritty...

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Melissa1776 wrote
on Aug 18, 2008 5:03 PM

Me too!  I keep standing in front of the TV, bent over at the waist, watching upside down so I can see what the knitters are doing.

An over-the-shoulder shot would be a much better way to film the demonstrations.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
kcrochet wrote
on Aug 22, 2008 9:51 PM

I agree also.  Looking at everything upside down and backwards doesn't really tell me very much.  I really liked Needlearts Studio, and when Shay was embroidering you could see every thread and really see exactly what she was doing.  They need to bring back that method of showing the work.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Marty wrote
on Sep 24, 2008 3:34 PM

Oh yes! I totally agree. How is one to learn from the "public" side? When one learns to knit they sit BESIDE the teacher and learn from the "private" side. It must be so much more confusing to knit 'throw' if the demo is being done 'continental'. I wonder if they previewed the episodes to any new knitters or just to the experts? 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
on Oct 13, 2008 10:16 PM

I agree 100%.  It seems like a low budget, one camera, production.

Beverly

http://beverlysyarncrazy.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Nov 24, 2008 9:01 PM

I totally agree and was wondering where I could send an email to tell them to change it!!!  Our knitting group has been watching the first season together and that's the same comment every time.

Is anyone seeing these posts from Knitting Daily TV?? Let's hope so!

K

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS