Knit to be Square Knit-along

This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Aug 18, 2008 9:14 AM

Knit to be squareKnit to be Square by Vivian Høxbro
Participate in our KAL and upload photos and multimedia of your FOs, talk about specific patterns, and share your interpretations of the designs.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 102
ForumModerator
JaimeG wrote
on Sep 5, 2008 1:07 PM

Hi everyone and welcome to the knit-along! If you're familiar with some of the knit-alongs Interweave has done in the past, this new location here in the Knitting Daily forums will be new to you. We've decided to take all new fall/winter 2008 KALs and CALs off Blogger.com so you don't have to do a second sign-up process through Google/Blogger. In fact, you don't have to do anything to "join" this KAL! You're already a Knitting Daily member, so you can post your comments, photos, and questions right here in the forums. Vivian Hoxbro will also be dropping in from time to time to say hello. You can post as little--or as often--as you wish. We can't wait to see the projects you make from the incredible patterns in Vivian's new book.

Which one will you start first? I'm thinking about the abstract stole with the felted, half-squares. Vivan wore this at The National Needle Arts Show in June (and I've seen it at the Stitches fashion show this year) and it was stunning!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
dyj7188 wrote
on Sep 6, 2008 11:25 AM

*wave* I'm interested!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
llaurask wrote
on Sep 6, 2008 8:47 PM

Has thus KAL started?  I am interested in the felted open square shawl.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
ElizaH wrote
on Sep 7, 2008 1:39 AM

Hi! Wonderful that there will be a Square Knit-along. Living in Sweden, I have been a fan of Vivian's shadow knitting and domino knitting for a while. I really am interested in re-investigating the domino concept. I started on the potholder from the Swedish book, and thought I was so smart that I could do it in another way since I had some concept that I didn't want to be dreary and follow the book ... Of course I got all messed up and my dominos have been resting since then. But the shadow knitting worked directly and is really fascinating to me.

But now I will get down to the dominos again, inspired by the blog and the fantastic unfinished dominos! Maybe that's the place to begin.

Hang in there, VIvian!

ElizaH

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AliL wrote
on Sep 7, 2008 7:35 AM

So I am delighted to be part of the Knit Along......but how does it work?

Ali

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Designbee wrote
on Sep 7, 2008 10:43 AM

I'd love to  join.  This looks like such a fun way to knit - it's like creating patchwork by making your own fabric from yarn.  What a concept!  when does it start, and are we all going to work on one project, or choose our favorite from the book?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PiaT wrote
on Sep 8, 2008 1:17 AM

Hi,

I would like to join this KAL also...

I have ordered the book, but haven't received it yet. I have knitted a lot of Domino-knitting since I first learned about the technique 3-4 years ago.

I'm not sure what to knit from the book, as I haven't seen the book yet...

A little about my self: I'm 55 years young, Danish living i Malmö in Sweden (just next to Copenhagen, Denmark). I have knitted most of my life, but very intensive the past 5 years. I am the moderator of a Danish/Scandinavian Yahoo-knittinggroup, The WEBKNITTERS (Webstrik in Danish) with just around 600 members... A most wonderful group of crazy, knitting women...

Love to see, how this is going to be :-)

Love from

Pia - a Dane in Sweden

Not Ranked
Posts 2
PatPalmer wrote
on Sep 8, 2008 1:53 PM

Ali,  this is Pat and you are not alone is wanting to be savvy in being a part of the Knit along.  How does it work, can anyone give advice and pros and cons.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on Nov 4, 2008 2:53 PM

Hello!
To post your images for the KAL, use the instructions for uploading your photos in this post 
Hope that helps!
Kat

No matter where you go, there you are.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kc-carr wrote
on Dec 25, 2010 12:25 AM

I've never been in one of your KALS but I want to try this one. I've been part of Knitting Daily for a long time. I'm hoping I'll be able to do this with my MS, as it's hatder for me to knit now.  Sign me up!  Karen Carroll

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 25, 2010 9:01 AM

Hi kc-carr,

I welcome you!  There are regularily posted KAL projects that Kathleen Cubley does with those who join up for the KAL.  I really don't think that this one on this site was ever really one that took off and motivated anyone to continue with doing.  This was first posted in August 2008 and it is now 1 1/2 years later and no project has been completed or posted about.

I too have physical illnesses that keep me from knitting at times.  Usually I always have a pair of socks on my needles.  I started knitting socks when I was about 10 years old.  This next year I will be 50.  My Mom started to teach me how to knit the continental style using dpns.  My Mom knits the English method.  I now use both picking and throwing when I knit fair isle (or stranded).

What things do you like to knit?  I am afraid that I don't have much stamina for larger projects like sweaters or afghans.  I mostly stick to the smaller ones.  I also have just a simple garter stitch cowl that I am making for myself.

Merry Christmas and happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS