Blueprint Crochet CAL

This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Aug 18, 2008 9:26 AM

Blueprint Crochet by Robyn Chachula
Participate in our CAL and upload photos and multimedia of your FOs, talk about specific patterns, and share your interpretations of the designs.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
0neNita wrote
on Sep 29, 2008 3:22 PM

I would love to find out more about the CAL. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Chesswidow wrote
on Oct 1, 2008 6:02 PM

so would I. Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
theShizzKnit wrote
on Jan 2, 2009 6:33 AM

This book is the first I have purchased for the New Year. Please sign me up for the CAL and let me know what I need to do to join. The charted designs are fab!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
wrightales wrote
on Jan 26, 2009 10:48 AM

Hi,

I love the book! I am working on the Raeanne Shawl Sweater. The back is nearly complete so I turned to the "Finishing" to see how the whole thing will go together. Unfortunately, I do not understand the directions which say "join shoulder seams as for joining motifs above." Join shoulder seams to what? The back? The front? The little arrow labeled "shoulder seam" points ambiguously to either the top outer motif or the seam between motifs or both top motifs. There is no corresponding "shoulder seam" notation anywhere else. And how does the straight edge of the shawl collar match up with the angular front edge.

None of the photos show what is going on underneath the shawl collar or I could probably figure it out myself. I love this sweater and have already invested a great deal of time (and money) in it. I would really appreciate some clarification. Thanks.

Wrightales

Not Ranked
Posts 2
wrightales wrote
on Apr 22, 2009 11:17 AM

The instructions for the Reanne Shawl sweater don't make any sense. I have crocheted all the squares, attaching them according to the diagrams as I went, but the shawl collar cannot possibly line up with the body. There are ten squares in a stair-step configuration that are supposed to connect to the five straight line inner squares of the collar. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
needleworks wrote
on May 26, 2009 9:05 PM

I purchased "Blueprint Crochet" a few months ago and am working on the Maggie Wrap.  I understand the crochet symbols, but am confused as to how to join the pieces so that it wraps over.  From the look of the picture posted, there is one part of the sweater that overlaps on the other, but I am confused as to where you join the squares and half squares at the front of the sweater, based on the diagram.  I am guessing that you make the front piece a triangle from one end to the other and vice versa so that it is a wrap, but the directions seem a bit unclear.  It is also confusing that you join the squares as you go, but then unwind one side of the square to work the edging.  I am wondering how you would line up the squares so that you don't end unwinding half of the last row of the square, and wonder if there anyway to avoid this. Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
LisaA wrote
on Jun 9, 2009 3:02 PM

I too am unclear about how to go about connecting the squares.  I started  the pattern, and, when I came to the connecting directions, became overwhelmed.  I think it would be a great idea if the author or someone else who has a handle on this technique offer us a tutorial on youtube.  Any takers?  Would love to utilize that book more. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS