Pullover Sweater Poll

This post has 234 Replies | 47 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jan 13, 2012 7:38 PM

how funny these three have been on  my list since i saw them...I really think the third in blue will flatter your figure and your face in a pretty blue...and bracelet lenghth sleeves will extend the wearability

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Debi J wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:52 PM

Kathleen,

Are you planning this as a KAL or a personal project?

Not Ranked
Posts 9
susanberlin wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:05 PM

mom of 1 and 4 halfs:

Frustrating, isn't it? I replied with my choice and now I'm getting a bunch of everyone else's choices. What gives?

Hi -- at the top pf each page of the poll, in a rather pale colour, there's a l;ine that says "email me... " Click on it, and it will convert to "don't email me..." That should stop the flow of emails.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 13, 2012 8:32 PM

I love the lapis pullover! Definately knitting that one... Although I like all 3 that is my fav

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JulieH@11 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:35 PM

The lapis yoke sweater is intriguing and I will be knitting it myself when I work out the yarn (different in Australia). 

Good luck to Kathleen on this project.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
srys wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:37 PM

Love the neckline on piccadil sweater.  Loose bottom will hide a little belly bulge.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
juli1961 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 10:11 PM

I  LOVE the Lapis Rib! I am a plus-size and I think of all of them that is the most flattering of the 3.  The other 2 would hit me at a very unflattering level, although I am also taller than average.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
annieb47 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 11:00 PM

Well I seem to be in the minority here, but that's not unusual for me. I definitey like the Piccadill best, though I'm not sure I can envision how you'll narrow the neck opening as the lace panel appears to go from edge to edge.

Lapis, the most popular choice, is, inexplicably, or perhaps predictably, my least favorite for you. I think the "radiating" ribs at the yoke  will emphasize a round shape (no insult intended, just trying to explain my vision of this). It also looks like the waist rib won't hit you properly. As others have noted, it might be helpful to have a front view of this sweater.

Rayonnet looks retro, and not in a good way. Kind of 50s or early 60s and not especially interesting.

In any case, good luck with your choice - and I do hope it is yours and not the herd's (or would it be more knitterly to say the flock's?).

Not Ranked
Posts 1
TinaJ@12 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 11:00 PM

I think they  are beautiful, all three, but I like the third one a bit more than the other two

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AJ Lawrie wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 11:14 PM

picadilly  for me! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
eveningstar1 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 11:41 PM

I think the Lapis is beautiful, I love it!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
charismarie wrote
on Jan 14, 2012 3:09 AM

I love the Lapis Yoke jumper - so simple and yet the expanding ribs really show off the effects of knitting in the round!

As a UK reader, I'd just like to say how much I like Interweave Knits magazine - there is nearly always something in it that I want to knit - and being able to download patterns from the website is great.....thanks!   Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
GVad wrote
on Jan 14, 2012 7:27 AM

i like the lapis yoke one best, really like the style of it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sjdaberg wrote
on Jan 14, 2012 9:17 AM

They all look like fun to knit.  The Rayonnant Pullover gets my vote.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 72
gumbiecat wrote
on Jan 14, 2012 9:39 AM

I prefer the Lapis Yoke as it is a change in style from my past knitting projects.  I just started knitting a new sweater the day prior to the Pullover Sweater Poll announcement.  It's "Bettie's Pullover" from the Winter 2011 Interweave Knits.  I find that it is a challenge, but I continue to tell myself that's part of the enjoyment of knitting.  (grinning)

Page 12 of 16 (235 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS