Pullover Sweater Poll

This post has 234 Replies | 47 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
dlh001 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:10 AM

I love the Lapis Yoke.  I like the fullness of it.  But I also like the Rayonnant pullover.  I might try both.  I've never made a sweater.  I've only stuck to smaller things.  I have made my granddaughter a sweater but not an adult size.  I didn't see how to vote.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LynneN wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:15 AM

I am torn between the Rayonnant and the Lapis Yoke, but I have to come down on the side of the Rayonnant.  I am visualizing it in a short sleeve, though.

Enjoy the knitting,

Lynne

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mickie@2 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:16 AM

I think you mean "they're" all fine.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lynn@147 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:18 AM

I'm not afraid of dp needles, either.  But circular needles, using the magic loop if necessary, would be even better.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JustJan wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:20 AM

Wow Patricia, first post just to be nasty?  Really? 

I love all the sweaters but I picked the Rayonnant because the cuffs and hem look interesting.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tponzo wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:23 AM

I like all three but voted for the Lapis Yoke. I like the expanding rib. I have never kintted an adult sweater and haven't used dpns yet but might give that one a try. Good luck on whichever sweater wins. I'm sure it will be lovely. Don't forget to post pics.

Toni P.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 13, 2012 7:23 AM

Lapis Yoke!  I love that look of the rib!  Will you offer a free pattern for the Winner?  I would love a knit along.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mamacooke wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:31 AM

I love the Lapis Yoke sweater. I think the style would be flattering to most of us, even if we're larger than the posted picture. I need a larger size than offered. Anyone tried this pattern with a fuller, taller figure in mind? I am fairly new to the knitting world, but I have been brave enough to try a pair of socks. Can someone offer suggestions on increasing this sweater 's size?

Thanks,

Cindy in DE

Not Ranked
Posts 8
CynthiaW@9 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:34 AM

Rayonnant Pullover gets my vote!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
nitpik wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:38 AM

I, too, was allowed to see the survey results but not allowed to vote.  Something is obviously not working.

Okay, after I posted the above comment, the ballot came up.  Do you have to post a comment now to vote in these surveys?  I've never had this happen in the past.

Anyway.  I like all three sweaters.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Debi J wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:39 AM

I'm not a raglan sleeve kind of person.  The Lapis Yoke looks a little less "raglan" though, and I love the color as pictured!.  I would agree on the dpns, though.  With the little info we have to go on, it doesn't sound "easy" with dpns.  Is it a 2 of 5 for "difficulty"?  I know that is subjective based on the skills of the knitter.  Might be time for me to tackle dpns, but maybe after our upcoming spring wedding!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Ruth@7 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:39 AM

I didn't have an option to vote either.  :-(  

I would definitely think hard about knitting the Piccadil (that would be my vote), although the Rayonnant is nice too.  Didn't like the shape of the Lapis Yoke at all, so it's surprising that it's currently in the lead on votes.  (No accounting for taste -- when I was getting married I went to a bridal show and the "finale" dress practically got a standing ovation, but made *I* thought it was hideous, and the dress I wound up wearing was about as far removed in style from it as you could get!)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
gloria jean wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:40 AM

I am going to pull my back issues and do the Pccadill let you know how it goes

Not Ranked
Posts 3
BevM@10 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:43 AM

Take a deep breath and jump in.  DPNs are just like any other needles, they really aren't that hard.  The trickiest parts are keeping stitches at the end of each needle from falling off and making sure that stitch tension remains the same when moving from needle to needle.  (I make mine just a bit tighter when I switch needles because I tend to have loose spots if I don't.)   Good luck! Big Smile  PS:  I like the Rayonnant the best.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kitty@4 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:45 AM

The Lapis looks like a great way for a not-quite-a-beginner to learn to knit top down!

Page 3 of 16 (235 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS