Pullover Sweater Poll

This post has 234 Replies | 47 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jfugler wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:47 AM

I like the Piccadill.  But I think the Rayonnant may suit you better.  And if you're thinking of wearing this in the Spring -Summer time, it may not be as hot.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
F NL wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:48 AM

Each one had elements to admire. Think the 3rd one is the most flattering to majority of knitters overall. Would put in short rows, before the pattern and in the neck ribbing, to hike the back neck up slightly. First one requires BROAD shoulders to wear. 2nd one might narrow anyone with small shoulders or less up front endowment.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:48 AM

How to choose?  There are elements in all three that are appealing!  I love the third one with the lacey pattern in the yoke, but watching the snow blow outside my window right now, I voted for the warmer, cozier looking Lapis. 

Happy knitting Kathleen!  If you choose the Lapis I might just join you in making it. :)  Love the simplicity of the pattern! 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mary@236 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:53 AM

Oh Patricia A. Adams-Purnell- will you be my new BFF?  I have enough people in my life who love and support me.  It's getting tiresome.  I need someone I can count on to put me in my place and, well, frankly, just insult me right and left!

You know, I think I met you before!  Aren't you that lady who told me I was "knitting wrong" because I do hold the yarn in an unconventional way?  You didn't notice the gorgeous lace coming off the needles, or maybe you just wanted to talk behind my back about that missed yarn over only you could see..  Well done!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Suzannah wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:54 AM

Picadilli--already ordered the pattern!

SuzieknitsATT

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SharonM@17 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:56 AM

If you don't like the rules, don't join the club.  By the way, you could use an editor.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JustMe wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 7:58 AM

Thanks so much for the opportunity to vote!  I loved all three choices, each completely different from the others.  Tough call!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
JaniseE wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:07 AM

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if you've already closed the poll but your link doesn't take me to a poll just to this blog site.  I vote for the Rayonnate Pullover.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SusanH@6 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:11 AM

Although I like the look of the Piccadill Pullover, I think that the neckline is way too open and would be a pain to successfully bring in. I think that with the lovely yarn you have, the Rayonnant Pullover would be the best match. That open lace yoke will give the sweater the ability to breathe (cashmere is so warm). I love the detail around the wrists too. Beautiful and very wearable.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MarthaN@6 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:13 AM

How did I miss this Hannah Fetig pattern?  I love it!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
susanberlin wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:14 AM

I'd choose the Piccadil sweater -- I think the neckline would look great over a turtle-neck shirt. So far, it doesn't look like it will be the winner -- but if anyone knits it in the specified yarn, I'd be curious to hear their opinion(s) about how the yarn works in this particular pattern. To me, it looks a bit too heavy and uneven for a pattern with a major focus on lace. However, pictures can be deceiving.

I like the Lapis pattern as well, but for me, lace almost always comes up trumps!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
CindyD@22 wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:15 AM

I've never seen 8" or 9" circulars.  16" is the smallest I can find.  Where did you get them?

Not Ranked
Posts 9
susanberlin wrote
on Jan 13, 2012 8:18 AM

JaniseE:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if you've already closed the poll but your link doesn't take me to a poll just to this blog site.  I vote for the Rayonnate Pullover.

If you go to page 1 of the poll, you'll find a 'reply' button in the upper right corner of Kathleen's entry. Click on that, and you'll be able to post.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
CindyD@22 wrote

I think they are all pretty but I like the Rayonnant the best.  I have added it to the shopping cart and if you pick it I will knit along.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Kay East wrote

Thanks to Kathleen for letting us have a vote .  I personally like the Lapis but I say to you to knit the one that you want to .  You know what is best for you.  Also I think the Golden Rule applies to one knitter. 

Page 4 of 16 (235 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS