The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,542
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 6, 2012 8:38 PM

The new knit-along is the Lapis Yoke Pullover. It's available in the Knitting Daily Shop or in the Fall 2010 issue of Knitscene.     
Remember when you voted for a pullover and I said I'd knit the winning design? Well the winner was the Lapis Yoke and I'm just about ready to start. Want to knit this cute knitted pullover along with me?

Here are the details of the pattern:

Lapis Yoke Pullover by Hannah Fettig

(Easy)

Sizes:
34-3⁄4 (39, 44-1⁄4, 48)" bust; shown in size 34-3⁄4"
Yarn: The Fibre Company Organik (70% organic merino, 15% alpaca, 15% silk; 98 yd [89 m]/50 g): seawater, 10 (12, 14, 16) skeins. Yarn distributed by Kelbourne Woolens
Gauge: 17 sts and 25 rows = 4" in St st on larger needles

Tools
• Size 7 (4.5 mm): 24" circular (cir) needle
• Size 7 (4.5 mm): set of double-pointed needles (dpn)
• Size 8 (5 mm): 16" and 24" or longer cir needles, depending on size
• Size 8 (5 mm): set of dpn
• Markers (m)
• Yarn needle
• Stitch holders

Schedule
2/6-2/13: Find or buy pattern, choose yarn, and get gauge
2/14-3/6: Knit yoke
3/7-3/28: Knit body
3/29-4/19: Knit sleeves and complete finishing and blocking

I'm using Cascade Cash Vero for my sweater. It's a 55% merino, 33% microfiber, 12% cashmere blend and it's super soft. I'm knitting this sweater in a slightly larger gauge than the pattern calls for because I want it to be a little roomier. I've got 16 stitches over 4 inches on size 9 needles and I like the fabric—it's not too loose. I'm also going to 3/4 sleeves because I just like them better than long sleeves. I'll post a photo of my swatch as soon as I can take a photo of it.

Let's get knitting!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
VeeM wrote
on Feb 6, 2012 9:10 PM

I'm in.  This is going to be fun.  I am going to have to hussle to get caught up, looks like I am a little behind.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 7, 2012 8:44 AM

I'm in too if I can find some yarn in my stash!  Cute pattern which I already have in the magazine. Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 12:44 AM

Ah, I voted for this one, lovely jumper, I don't have the pattern (I live in the UK) but I will be following your progress. Can't wait to see what it looks like. 

Can I buy this to download from the UK?

Lynn

Not Ranked
Posts 2
VeeM wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 9:25 AM

LYNNLOU63 - I just purchased this as a download at:

http://www.interweavestore.com/store/shopCart.aspx

You should be able to as well.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 9:43 AM

Why buy the pattern for $5.50 when the digital mag is only $7.99?  You get that pattern and a bunch more.

This should be fun.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
AuroraJules wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 12:09 PM

Your guage is 16 inches per inch? Did you mean 16 stitches to 4 inches/ 4 to the inch?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jilangmartyl wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 1:03 PM

I just brought the pattern and will join in, I may knit the 48 version as I need a roomier sweater or should I go down a needle size?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,542
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 8, 2012 5:42 PM

Oh, geez. I'm getting 16 inches over 4 inches, not 16 stitches per inch. I think I could get that gauge it I used thread or something!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 7:42 PM

Hello all.  I have the pattern from my IK magazine, bought Cascade 220 Doeskin Heather yarn, and made the swatch with 17 st per 4 inches on size 8 needles.  (I set aside the almost finished Betty Pullover for later.)  The Lapis YokePullover is now cast on and a few rows are knit.  Now I can fret over fit ;D   Judy in SE WI

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 8:34 PM

Hi! I am using some yarn in my stash which is more sport weight so am using a size 10 needle  (that's what it took to get gauge) - hope it works!  I am wondering which type of M1P we should use?  Does it matter?  Thanks! Jeanie in Charlote, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
vehuddle wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 8:43 PM

I am in too.  i have been working on this Lapis sweater since January when it seemed to be the winner.  I am doing it in a plum heather Artful yarn that I had in my insanely large stash.  It is about the same color as the one in the pattern - just a plum color instead of blueish.  The yarn is wool/alpaca/viscose so it has a slight fuzz to it.

i already have 35 rows done - ready for next increase.  I will probably not do the garter stitch trim below the yoke or the other trim at the waist.  Just do a solid ST stitch with ribbing to cuffs - long sleeves if have enough yarn.  Very easy pattern...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Feb 8, 2012 10:35 PM

I also started this last month because I liked it so much I figured I'd make it whether it won or not.  I have the yoke done and have just separated off the sleeves.  It looks great in Knit Picks Gloss because of the silk in it--makes the ribbing really stand out.  I'm making the smallest size and got gauge perfectly with the Gloss.  I like the way the garter stitch makes the separation between the ribbing and the stockinette stitch so I'm glad I kept those four rows as called for.  I agree, this is going to be an easy, relaxing knit.  Lots of fun and should look nice on all body types.  Everyone have fun.  This is what I have done so far.  The pink yarn is the waste yarn for the sleeves and you can barely see the four rows of garter stitch then about an inch of stockinette so far.  It was a LOT of stitches on the needle before taking off 100 stitches for the sleeves but now it should go really fast.  Does anyone else use cottage cheese cartons to keep their working yarn in?  Works great for me!

Sherry

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 1:22 AM

VeeM & hcgogan ~ Thank you for the information - do you know which digital mag is it in? I've had a look in the 'shop' but you can't see all the contents of the magazines, would much rather spend slightly more to get more lovely patterns!

Lynn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 12:30 PM

Looks great - love the color!  What kind of make one purl are you using?  Thanks! Jeanie

Page 1 of 16 (233 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS