The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Mar 2, 2012 4:32 PM

9098jan:

Hi Lynnlou  I would use magic loop, I'm not even going to try DPNS. I've used Travelling loop for most of my sleeves for a while and it works great.  If you google 'travelling loop there is a utube video which shows it quite clearly.

HTH Jan xx

Hi Jan, thanks so much, I have just looked at a few clips on youtube, I shall definately give it a go!

Lynn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,448
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 2, 2012 6:58 PM

I tried my sweater on last night and I love it! I knit to knit a couple more inches before I start the ribbing, and I just looked at my yarn supply. I think I'm going to run short! I might have enough for 3/4-length sleeves, but I might not.

I'm going to see how much I have left when I get to the sleeves and just divide it in half. I tried the sweater on over a white long-sleeved t-shirt and I liked the short-sleeve look, so that might be how this sweater ends up. I may have to find some more yarn though, even to do short sleeves.

I'll post a photo ASAP.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Mar 2, 2012 7:05 PM

Ihalfcent...Yummy squishy looking yarn!Wink

Ruth in Manitoba Canada

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Mar 3, 2012 8:26 AM

thank you Ruth!

I like this pattern so much I have decided to make a couple more. lol easy to work up.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 36
vehuddle wrote
on Mar 3, 2012 10:57 AM

I finally finished my pullover.  I did start in Jan. on this sweater.  I used a discontinued yarn from Artful Yarns that is a wool/alpaca/viscose blend.  It feels a lot like mohair and I love the color which is purple heather. 

I accidentally did an extra increase round and had 50 extra stitches when I got to the sleeve/body divide, so instead of frogging it, I switched from an 8 needle to a 7 needle and divided the extra stitches among the body and sleeves and did not do the shaping on the side.  It fits perfectly.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Mar 3, 2012 1:51 PM

vehuddle: Great Job!! You are really brave to go with the extra increases.

Ruth Mb Ca

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jojo wrote
on Mar 3, 2012 4:28 PM

Kathleen I found a mistake in a Interweave knit book and don't know who to notify.  I tried Interweave and haven't heard from me.  I tried you via your Facebook page but no answer.

Who do you suggest I contact?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 2:30 PM

Your sweater is lovely - the color is beautiful!  You were very clever to figure out how to make the stitches all work out. Jeanie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 72
gumbiecat wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 6:20 PM

Vehuddle, what an attractive color you used for your sweater!  I never would have thought to change needle sizes to correct the excess stitches...and it worked perfectly for you.  Great results and a lovely sweater!    Judy in SE WI

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,448
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 4, 2012 11:20 PM

Hi JoJo,

Email me at kcubley@interweave.com.

Thanks!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 36
vehuddle wrote
on Mar 6, 2012 1:56 PM

Thanks !  I borrowed the idea of switching to smaller needles to decrease the size from sock-making.  Very often when making socks, the pattern will use a smaller or larger needle to increase or decrease the leg.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 7, 2012 5:28 PM

Hi all.  I know I promised a picture.  But I brought the wrong cables with me today -- I have the USB cable for the TV!  Oh well -- tomorrow.  But I have a question.  I am knitting the smallest size.  I am getting ready to knit Round 36, which adds the 4th MIP.  It looks as if I continue with K1, p4 through row 47. Then comes the instructions for the larger sizes, which adds another MIP and then you knit that for rows 49-59.  Do I just ignore all of that, ending with Row 47, then on to the Knit 1 rnd, purl 1 rnd, etc?  Or should I K1, p4 through row 59?  I think I stop at 47.  But if someone wouldn't mind, please let me know your interpretation.  Patterns are really like legal writing.  You leave out one little word and the process can become unclear.

Thanks and watch this space for a picture.Embarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 7, 2012 8:41 PM

I am not at all great at interpreting patterns, however, I am also making the small size and stopped at row 45 (although the pattern says 47 rows) and went into the K1,P1 rounds.  I stopped at 45 rows as it seemed as though it was getting too long for me when I tried it on. Hope this helps. Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 310
sjc wrote
on Mar 7, 2012 10:52 PM

Hi Chris and All,

My Lapis Yoke is done, blocked, modeled, photographed and worn to work today!!!  It was only 24 degrees when I left for work and it was nice and warm.  It's a nice soft sweater made from Knit Picks Gloss which is 75% wool and 25% silk.  If I make another one, which I plan to as it was a fun, quick knit,  (I also did the smallest size) I'll go down a needle size and stop at row 45 or even shorter on the yoke.  I'm not crazy about the way the yoke dips down in the front and back.  I made it a little longer than called for for a tunic look...that I like.  I also did the sleeves using the magic loop, it's the only way to do sleeves in the round.  I like the sweater a lot and will probably wear it quite a bit.  I hope you all enjoy finishing your up and enjoy the picture.  Maybe I'll do a purple one next or a dark green...Big Smile  of course then you won't see me against the trees!!!

Sherry

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Mar 8, 2012 8:25 AM

Sherry- Lovely tunic...looks really good on you.

Ruth in Mb Canada

Page 10 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS