Posts 72
gumbiecat wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 9:51 AM

Your sweater is very attractive on you!  Great job!  Judy in SE WI

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 2:03 PM

I second the thought...beautiful Sherry.  Thanks for the tip of the Knit Picks Gloss.  Great yarn for the money.  And thanks Jeanie.  I did actually hold it up to me today and for only being on row 37, it does look like I'm down to the armpits.  I may improvise myself. Picture coming (so's Christmas).

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,474
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Mar 8, 2012 2:16 PM

Beautiful job, Sherry! And you look beautiful in your sweater, too.

My update: I've finished the body and I'm starting on the sleeves. I ordered more yarn and I found the same dye lot! That almost never happens, so lucky me.

Knit on,

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
KarenL@46 wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 3:44 PM

Re: Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book (1973): did you try Purple Kitty?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
KarenLeeC wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 5:09 PM

I have not participated in a KAL before and am starting late. However, I love the pattern and have so lovely yarn I think will work. I just started, but it's going quickly. 

I couldn't figure out how to post, except by using the reply button. So, if someone could help me out with that ...

Im using Alpaca Seta by Skacel. It's 75% alpaca, 18% silk and 7 % nylon. Lucious and soft. I won this yarn as a door prize!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 10:52 PM

Hi everyone! Back home from my sojourn to sunny and hot Adelaide (South Australia) where I packed up 4 cartons of yarn from my mum's stash and had it sent to my home for my knitting group, who knit for a multitude of charities.

I managed to do some of the yoke while i was away but it was very warm weather so I did more baby knitting for grandchild no 3 due next month, since coming home  I've now finished the yoke (thank goodness - the rows were getting very slow!) and am tearing through the body, so am back on schedule. Now that I've done the dividing for the sleeves I'll certainly be trying another top-down jumper as it was very stress free and I hate sewing up so that's another bonus! It's looking good, i'll try and take photos at the weekend.

All the photos are fabulous!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
All2HimIO wrote
on Mar 9, 2012 10:25 AM

For my sleeves, I used the 16" circular needles.  They worked great!  I will soon be finished.  I need to find smaller size circular needles to do my cuffs.  I want them to be a closer knit, so I'm looking for about a size 4.  Needles are not that easy to come by in W. MD.  (Walmart only carries 7, 8 & 10" in circular).  I'm finishing both of the sleeves and them I will do the cuffs.  I will then have my sweater finished.  Will send photo.  I love all the ones I have seen so far.  Yes

Mabel in beautiful W. MD.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Mar 9, 2012 11:48 AM

All2HimIO--- check out knitpicks.com.... they have fixed wood circular, size 4, 16inch 7.99...... nickel plated of same size is 6.49.

I have the wood interchangeable set. Fantastic.

Ruth in Mb Canada

Not Ranked
Posts 4
di361 wrote
on Mar 9, 2012 12:16 PM

Hi everyone.  This is my first post to a KAL, so I don't know if I'm posting correctly or not.  I'm working on this sweater with a few modifications.  Not sure how it will turn out, but I had some CotLin yarn from KnitPicks, so I'm trying to modify the rounds slightly to make it looser and will make the sleeves shorter.  All with spring/summer in mind.  Also, since I'm in Southeast Texas, we don't need extra warm sweaters very often.  Here's a pic of it so far....

Happy Knitting!!

Dianne

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 7:14 AM

Dianne, what a lovely colour! I'm doing mine in navy blue as I really liked the main photos of the jumper, thinking of doing more in some lighter colours having seen others on here. This is my first KAL too and will definately do another as it's good to see other versions in progress.

Lynn

Lynn

Not Ranked
Posts 4
di361 wrote
on Mar 10, 2012 1:30 PM

Thanks, Lynn!  Thanks for the question about the sleeves, too.  I looked up 'traveling loop' and was glad to find out about it.  I hated the idea of using double pointed needles.  I worry enough about dropping stitches as it is.

Dianne

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Mar 12, 2012 6:53 AM

I haven't checked in for a while, but I did get through that amazing yolk and I am almost to the body ribbing.  I transferred it to scrap yarn when I finished the yolk to try on (my large size is much bigger than the length of my needles.  It's perfect, both size and length wise for me.  I'm short waisted, so I had to do my decreases more quickly and then my increases needed to be quicker too.  But now I am going round and round.  I really like the top down design.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Hi, all!  I was afraid I was going to be doing a knit- alone, but I finally got to start!  I've done the first set of increases, which was new for me, but went pretty smoothly.  I knitted on an airplane, which was also a new experience.  I just read all the posts, and I appreciate the tips.  The photos definitely keep me motivated.  I'm enjoying this group experience.  There's something great about it.  

Happy knitting!

Yvonne

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 13, 2012 1:58 PM

There really is something great about knitting with others!  We had a knitting retreat in the mountains over the weekend and it was such fun.  I am now ready to do the sleeves.  Am going to try and knit them flat and them seam.  Hope it works. Jeanie

Page 11 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS