The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 30, 2012 4:29 PM

AT LAST!  A promised picture.  I am working my way down the body, having done two decreases.  I think I may want a more boxy look, so will not do another decrease, but work on increases after another six rows.  I may go for a bit shorter length and three quarter sleeves.  Despite my "shortcuts" I probably will ot finish in time.  As usual for me. I am a paralegal so that kind of says it all.  Anyway, this is KnitPicks Full Circle worsted in Blue Moon.  It really is a deep lapis color.  I love everyone's finished projects thus far.  You may see this one finished as well -- when you are halfway through the next KAL, that is!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Cathri wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 7:49 AM

Hi everyone! It seems, I am the last one to join in on this wonderful sweater.  I settled on a yarn  I received as a Christmas present from my best friend.  It's a very deep soft green "Alta Moda Cashmere (80% Virgin Wool Merino/20% Cashmere). I just finished my gauge and am actually checking the pattern for any modifications I need to make so the sweater will fit properly.  It's my first KAL group and I really love this concept. I love the idea of people all around the world working on the same project and exchanging experience. The finished sweaters look gorgeous! Thank you all for your useful advice. It will help me a  lot in avoiding major mistakes. I am really looking forward to the next KAL group. I will definitely join in earlier so I can keep pace and maybe even also furnish some advice.... Best regards to all of you around the globe!!! Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Apr 1, 2012 1:56 PM

Hi, all!  I'm on row 44 and heading into the tricky part.  The pics of wonderful finished sweaters keep me motivated and inspired.  If you can do it, maybe I can, too!  Thanks for keeping the conversation going.

Yvonne

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 1, 2012 3:21 PM

Beautiful knitting and I love the color!  Am now almost done with one sleeve and hope to finish the sweater soon. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Muddled wrote
on Apr 6, 2012 6:50 AM

I am nearly finished! I misread the pattern and started with size 39" but continue increasing the yoke for the larger size. I had got to the bottom and thought - MMM this is a bit big, Thank goodness for my adult daughter, who read the instructions properly. Had to unravel, but I am nearly there.  I have done the bottom rib differently, though. 4 purl and 1 knit and on the sleeve 3 purl and 1 knit. This is mainly because I am just 5' (1,50m) small and a have round hips, so anything to long in that area just emphasises. The wool I used is Berrocco Peruvian Quick, which I had actually knitted up into a sweater for my hubby, but he didn't like it. That's why it's a bit lumpy looking. I have to either steam iron it with a teacloth or block it.  The colour is actually navy blue - not so light as on the photo.

It's been fun to knit.

Cheers to everyone

Jean S.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Muddled wrote
on Apr 8, 2012 1:41 AM

I

I'm done! 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
vivcrest wrote
on Apr 8, 2012 7:21 AM

and what a perfect sweater!!!! Fits you wonderfully. :) I never got started, need to get my pattern still.  I'm a beginner and I thought perhaps I'm not ready for such an undertaking. You make me really want to dive in!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Muddled wrote
on Apr 8, 2012 7:55 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I am wearing the sweater today. I live in southern Germany and it's 10°c (50°F) here, so we are still in our winter stuff.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Apr 8, 2012 9:27 AM

vivo rest:
 I'm a beginner and I thought perhaps I'm not ready for such an undertaking. You make me really want to dive in!

To Muddled:  Wonderful sweater, it turned out beautifully and looks great on you.  I'm working on my second one...it will be a very pale lilac tweed (wool, alpaca and viscose)...it's still cold here too.

To Vivo Rest:  This is a perfect sweater for a beginner.  If you can knit and purl you can make this sweater!  Dive in Big Smile

Happy Easter Everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Cathri Yes [Y] wrote
on Apr 8, 2012 10:12 AM

Dear Muddled!

Congratulations! Your sweater looks great on you!!! It seems that you made some minor alterations, that is shorter bottom ribs and arm ribs, which suit just fine. I am still struggling with my yoke. Because of the the twisted ribs (my ordinary ribs always look so sloppy)  I have to knit more rows than indicated in the pattern. As I want the yoke to end just under my bust I transfer it on a provisional yarn now and then to try it on, which slows my knitting process down considerably. But I want to make sure that it will suit me. Here in Austria there were even snowflakes some hours ago. Surprise The right weather to stay indoors with a cup of tea and a fine knit listening to my favourite programme on webradio... I hope my sweater will be finished before the arrival of summer?!?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 9, 2012 7:41 AM

Great job and fit!  Love the color too. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 7
vivcrest wrote
on Apr 9, 2012 8:24 AM

Thanks for the encouragement. I really would love to give it a try.  :)

I know it says I'm Vivo Rest but my iPad was correcting what I typed and I did not notice at the time.  Now I'm think I'm stuck witht that. :(  I meant to write: vivcrest (for Viv Crestfield) LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Apr 9, 2012 8:54 AM

vivcrest:

Thanks for the encouragement. I really would love to give it a try.  :)

I know it says I'm Vivo Rest but my iPad was correcting what I typed and I did not notice at the time.  Now I'm think I'm stuck witht that. :(  I meant to write: vivcrest (for Viv Crestfield) LOL

Hi Viv,

I see you were able to change your "name" on the KAL.  I kind of liked "Vivo Rest" LOL Smile  Funny that your iPad renamed you...who would have thought???  Do make the sweater, I love mine enough that I'm almost through the yoke ribbing on the second one in a wholly different color and wool.  I'm liking it too.  We had snow ON THE GROUND yesterday morning in NW Montana but it was gone by afternoon.  LOTS of snow in the mountains.  I usually wear wool and layers until May and then again in September/October so it's a short summer period.

Sherry

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 10:54 AM

I finished a few days ago and have been waiting to take a photograph outside between the April showers Umbrella we are having here at the moment! The main photo is a bit over exposed but here they are anyway!

I have really enjoyed this KAL and all the variations are great; I have learnt the magic loop and knit down which I will be using again in the future I am sure! I have already bought more wool in a truffle brown to make another one and if I change anything I will probably do a few more rows in the beginning to make the neckline a bit higher.

Looking forward to seeing more pics on here of completed jumpers!

Lynn

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Chris Essler wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 1:39 PM

To LynnLou and Muddled:

Your pictures look just like the model!  Beautiful job.  Mine still doesn't have arms.  Went off on a shawl tangent.

Page 13 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS