The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
intoxyk8 wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 2:37 PM

sjc:
  Does anyone else use cottage cheese cartons to keep their working yarn in?  Works great for me!

I've never tried that, but it sounds like a great idea!  Next time I get an empty cartoon I'll give it a shot.

Question:  what weight of yarn are we supposed to use for this?

Charla

Arizona

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SimoneR wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 4:10 PM

Never have, however sounds like a great idea! I used small ziplocks for each yarn and then a bigger ziplock for the entire project = each yarn baggy + wip + needles. This goes inside a project bag with a drawstring with my little tin full of notions. Means picking up and going is VERY easy and minimizes tangles and snags. Coming from a household with two dogs and two kids, it also minimizes animal hair and kid gunk transfer into the knitting! :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 9:24 PM

JeanieH@6:
What kind of make one purl are you using?  Thanks! Jeanie

I'm lifting up the bar between stitches from the back after the last purl stitch and then purling it as a new stitch.  Seems to be working well. 

I love my cottage cheese cartons to knit wound balls out of but I saw someone at my LYS this week who uses the Clinique Bonus bags as project bags.  What a great idea since we really can't use them on airplanes anymore.  It made a cute project bag for the pair of fingerless mitts she was making, one ball of yarn and the circular needles she was using.

I think any worsted weight yarn would work for the Lapis Yoke.  A little silk or other material with shine makes the stitches stand out well.  Happy knitting!

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 10, 2012 11:14 AM

Thank you for responding to my M1P dilemma! Jeanie

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 76
Chris Essler wrote
on Feb 10, 2012 5:00 PM

I was just printing the prayer shawl booklet and noticed Kathleen's link!  Hooray.  I was afraid you were turned off of KAL's for awhile.  I will poke around my "stash beyond life expectancy" and get started this weekend.  Looking forward to this.  Have a great weekend Everyone.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 36
vehuddle wrote
on Feb 10, 2012 5:52 PM

The Lapis Yoke Pullover is in the Knitscene, Fall 2010.  It is available as digital and print I think.  You can get about 6 or 7 cardigans (nice ones!), about 3 or so pullovers, and a bunch of hats, vests, cowls,etc.  Definitely worth the extra for the whole mag instead of one pattern, in my opinion.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SashaRaks wrote
on Feb 10, 2012 10:43 PM

Sherry,

I cannot seem to find the weight of yarn for this pattern.  Which weight of Knit Picks "Gloss" are you using?  Looks beautiful so far!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
9098jan wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 10:51 AM

Hi I started this last month and have just got as far as the second dec after splitting for the sleeves.  It's a great knit, so easy and relaxing and it looks so good.  I'm doing it in a lovely olive green but wonder if I should have used smaller diameter needles.  Will post a pic for your advice when I get home.

Jan xx

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
Elizabeth wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 11:33 AM

It is Knitscene Fall 2010.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 12:12 PM

Thank you lovely people, I have just purchased and downloaded Knitscene Fall 2010! What a lot of lovely garments to knit ..... and the Lapis Yoke Pullover of course!

Lynn

Lynn

Not Ranked
Posts 4
nanaleebrice wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 12:20 PM

I'm in too.  I have been planning to make this sweater for months, now it will be next.  I will be a bit behind on the schedule - going to Israel for two weeks leaving this week.  I am making the sweater in Berocco Ultra, a wool/alpaca blend, in a deep blue/green color.  This is the first time I am participating in a forum and a knit-along, and I'm looking forward to the on-line company. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sdluck wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 12:57 PM

If you click on "Details" when looking at this product online, it says that the pattern was first published in Knitscene Fall 2010.

I decided to buy the CD collection for all the issues of Knitscene for that year, since I didn't subscribe.  I love the CD collections - no more piles of paper filling up my closets forever.  (I never want to throw out all those wonderful patterns.)

I may not get the CD and then the yarn in time to knit along with ya'all, but I'm liking this pattern.  (I'm probably too slow a knitter for any knit along projects anyway.)

Not Ranked
Posts 8
FraniM wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 2:11 PM

Sounds like a plan to me, I think $2.50 for a bunch more patterns is the only way to go!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
FraniM wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 2:21 PM

Also use I yogurt containers for bits of scrap yarn like Charla's cottage cheese cartons for yarn--for either, cut an "X" into the lid--works best if you can use a hole punch first right in the middle of the lid and cut the "X" thru that half an inch or so.  You can thread your working yarn up thru the hole in the cottage cheese carton or push scraps down thru the "X" in the yogurt container.  Less mess, less running to a waste basket (or if you're out, no scraps in your bag!). 

I think I'm gonna do a k1 p1 ribbing for a neckline, I don't much like the wide open look for necks.  then I can just segue right in to the pattern.  Plus I, too will skip the couple rows of garter.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bell ringer wrote
on Feb 11, 2012 2:34 PM

Hi,

I must have missed the post this week because I've looked at this pattern a lot and have never participated in a KAL before so it's obviously a sign from above that I'm to do this.  I have a gift certificate form KnitPicks so will order yarn today and hustle to get on schedule. . .really looking forward to this shared project.  . .jj

Page 2 of 16 (233 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS