The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
melodiefenez wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 10:08 AM

Thanks a lot for your help !

i'll take a few rows out because i fear weird underarms.

The cashmerino is really soft and definitely cuddly and warm. i can't wait to wear my yoke ! it is pretty cold here in Berlin (Germany), there is snow all over the city..

Mélodie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 10:43 AM

melodiefenez:
i'll take a few rows out because i fear weird underarms.

Hi Melodie,

I measured mine after I sent the reply to you and I'm at 9" at the beginning of the garter rows.  It's supposed to be 8.5" so I didn't worry much about it.  It sounds like yours was longer than that so it's probably a good thing you took out some rows.  Weird underarms are not good!  What color is your cashmerino?  Stay warm!

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 2:33 PM

I am ready to start the make one purl increases and am still unfortunately confused about  how to do the stitch.  I think that I pick up the bar from the front but then how do I purl the stitch? From the back or the front of the stitch?  Should it be invisible?   Sorry to be so dense.  The internet videos seem confusing. Thank you!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,500
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 14, 2012 3:00 PM

JeanieH@6:

I am ready to start the make one purl increases and am still unfortunately confused about  how to do the stitch.

Hi Jeanie. Here's a link to the m1p that I'm using.

make one purlwise.aspx

I hope this helps,

Kathleen

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 3:15 PM

Thank you Kathleen - I will check it out!  Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 5:55 PM

Hi All,

I'm just past the second hip increase and wanted to see how long the sweater is going to be since I still have 4" of ribbing to add.  Sooo....here's the first try on.  I LOVE this sweater!  It's going to fit perfectly and when on those annoying little bumps in the ribbing (the m1p) just pull outward and magically disappear.  I was concerned about them for a while--why didn't they show on the one modeled? Now I know.  Anyway, here's the first try-on pic.  Keep on knitting!

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 14, 2012 8:03 PM

Sherry, Your sweater looks great and fits you perfectly! Love the color too.   Glad to hear about the M!p's also. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Feb 15, 2012 7:26 AM

O.K. I'm in also.  Love this pattern.  Found plum ultra alpaca in my stash.  Swatched, using size 9 also, for the roominess as well. It's on the needles with rows 1-7 done and I love it.  Thank you Kathleen. 

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 8:44 AM

I swatched and my gauge was perfect.  It's still amazing to me when that happens.  I couldn't find a 16 inch size 8 circular needle, so I'm struggling a bit with the longer circle.   I'm kinda using a magic loop style, but am concerned about having some stitches that are too loose when I switch to the other side of the loop.  The first round after joining was the toughest, but after 5 rounds it seems to be going easier.  Time will tell.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 6:07 PM

Arrrrgh!  Because I was using a circular needle that was too long, I ended up with a twist in my yarn.  So I have knitted a beautiful 6 row möbius.  Ah well, today I went to yet another yarn store (2 actually) and found the required 16 inch circulars.  This is much easier to use, and I have gone beyond where I was when I realized I had a twist.  And this time, no twist!   That'll teach me to be so gung-ho that I start before I have the proper supplies.  Live and learn.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 15, 2012 7:10 PM

I'm on the first row of knit/purl ribbing at the bottom edge of my sweater.  Because my torso length is short, (I wear a petite size in RTW), I used 5-row decrease and increase rows rather than the eight rows used in the pattern.  I tried on the sweater late this afternoon to check the length before beginning the bottom ribbing.  The sweater's waist is where it belongs, and it looks like the length will work after knitting the ribbing.  It's difficult to tell with the curled bottom edge.  The sweater has just the right amount of ease wearing a t-shirt underneath...it's neither baggy nor skin-tight.  It feels very warm and comfortable in this cold, damp weather, too!   Time to get back to my yarn ball and needles before my cat finds them!  Judy in SE Wisconsin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 7:32 AM

Hi everyone

I'm Liz from Canberra Australia and will be joining in the KAL, although I'll have a bit of chasing to do as I've ordered some yarn from overseas and that usually takes a couple of weeks to get here. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up when it arrives. Those in progress look great - I haven't had a lot of practice with top-downs and will relish this new challenge.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
All2HimIO wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 10:01 AM

want to try this.  I will start getting things together even though I just found this on 2/16.  I may be a little behind, but can use every one else's suggestions as I go along.

M.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 11:45 AM

Here is the sweater so far. I spun my own yarn and made sure the gauge was correct. :) loving this pattern!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 7:56 PM

knitter247:
I'm Liz from Canberra Australia

Hi Liz and M, it's nice to see some people from previous KAL's.  Liz you won't have any trouble catching up and once you try top down sweaters you'll be hooked and want to do little else.  To the person who spun your own yarn, I'm so envious.  It's absolutely beautiful spinning and knitting.  What a talent!  Enjoy everyone!

Sherry

Page 4 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS