The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
9098jan wrote
on Feb 19, 2012 12:15 PM

Hi Lynnlou, I'm in the UK and using a UK yarn so it could be the cause.  I'm going to rip it and start again with 4.5mm, yours looks a lot better than mine and I'm a very loose knitter to start with.  I'm glad in a way because I made a mistake right at the beginning so now I can put it right LOL

Jan x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 19, 2012 4:29 PM

I can tell that my yoke is  is going to be longer than 8 1/2 inches already.  Did anyone take out a few rows? Thanks!  Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Ursula@3 wrote
on Feb 19, 2012 7:46 PM

I like to be in also.  have to rush to get my yarn together

Not Ranked
Posts 9
judy v Sad [:(] wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 12:45 AM

Hi Kathleen

I'm also a Judy and new to the KAL.  How do I post my progress to the forum?  I have tried several times but never see my comments on the site. My sweater is coming along nicely and I would like to share.  Help!

judy v

Not Ranked
Posts 4
melodiefenez wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 5:03 AM

Hi JeanieH,

i did take a few rows out of my yoke. at the 44th rnd it was almost 9" long !

i just made sure i have all the increases, so that it's large enough. i haven't finished it yet but it looks good so far.

mélodie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 7:02 AM

Hi Melodie, Thank you for responding!  I'm going to keep measuring as I go along and may try it on.  Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 4
catamount52 wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 9:59 AM

Hi, everyone. I just began a rather difficult cable vest when I this project was announced and I really want to get it done asap, so I hope it's OK if I just act as support as I watch you all progress. I like the design and I don't have much top-down experience so I hope to pick your brains and work on this once the vest (which is proving to be a b----h and I wish I had others doing it with me like you guys do). I love seeing the pictures of your progress and the colors and yarns you've chosen. Thanks for letting me pick your brains and be a voyeuse. Kerry

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 10:05 AM

Awesome work everyone!

I am almost done with the sweater and have some ribbing left on the final sleeve as you see in the pic below.

I also noticed that the raw fleece I spun has lots of yellow going on. grrr so when I get ready to block I am going to soak it good in woolite and see if the yellow goes away otherwise will have to dye it. I knew the fleece was dirty but gosh I thought I washed it good but I guess you can't see the subtle yellowing until it is made into something. Good learning tho. lol  weird to see half a sleeve yellowed and a yellow strip above the waist ribbing. acckkk! oh one more note.... I did 3" of sleeve ribbing instead of the 4. I don't like lots of ribbing on the arms. lol

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Feb 20, 2012 2:02 PM

I have never even belonged to a community of knitters so following along on this blog has been a pleasure for me!  Please keep posting your photos, it is exciting to see all of the variations and colors that you have selected.  I would do this too, and will probably participate in a KAL before long, but right now I have about 4 simultaneous projects going and don't dare start another!  Anyway, this sweater reminds me of how brash and ambitious (foolish perhaps) I was when I was 18.  I had learned to knit from my grandmother, but never from a pattern.  I was away at college and lonely and decided that I would knit a sweater.  I found a pattern and purchased some olive green wool for a cardigan sweater to knit for my mother.  It was a top-down knit and I didn't even realize that until I had gotten to the place where you join the body under the sleeves.  I can't believe that I just kept knitting, following the pattern as best I could, trusting that eventually something would emerge that looked like a sweater.  As it turned out, I ran out of yarn and used some acrylic yarn that I thought matched for the last inch or two.  I wish I still had that sweater, I'd love to look at it now!  I'm going to visit my Mom in a few weeks (she's 86 now) and will ask her if she still has it.  If she does, I'll post a photo.  It must be full of dropped stitches and holes!  Good knitting to all of you and keep posting those photos.

Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 4
catamount52 wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 2:31 PM

Carol, sounds so much like me, learning without a pattern, I just made a triangular navy shawl from my mother's say-so. It turned out lopsided, as I got tighter as a knitter, but I still (40 yrs later) have the shawl gracing the back of my sofa, ready for anyone who gets a chill watching TV. Also, I went forward on my own like you, just following instructions even when I didn't have a clue what is supposed to be happening. It's how I learned socks, which have become my passion, so it's not a bad technique.

That white sweater looks like it's turnout out wonderfully. How daring to use white!! And, wow, what a quick knitter.

Kerry

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 3:45 PM

Finished! Just washed and blocked it and waiting for it to dry. Sadly turns out some of that raw wool I had was enough yellowed that it looks like dirty places in the sweater. sigh

so going to dye it. Just trying to figure out what color.... maybe a denim blue or warm cranberry like color? not sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 20, 2012 4:50 PM

judy v:

Hi Kathleen

I'm also a Judy and new to the KAL.  How do I post my progress to the forum?  I have tried several times but never see my comments on the site. My sweater is coming along nicely and I would like to share.  Help!

judy v

Welcome, Judy! Just click on the reply button in anyone's post and you'll get a window where you can type your reply.  Click on "post" at the bottom left of the window and your post will appear. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes for the server to update all of the new info, so check frequently. 

Kathleen 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 20, 2012 4:54 PM

gumbiecat:

Kathleen, I have a question for you.  When beginning the CO of the underarm section of the sleeve, what is the purpose of anchoring/joining the sleeve to the armhole with one stitch at the center of the underarm?  Just curious as this is new to me.  Thanks!  Judy in SE Wisconsin   

I'm really not sure! I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it just keeps the sleeve from flopping around too much when you're knitting. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 9:36 PM

That is a thought, Kathleen.  But the strand of yarn stretched at least an inch as I knit the sleeves, and I think I'll take it out and close the space in the traditional manner!  Thanks for your response!  I'm enjoying the KAL!  Judy in SE WI

Not Ranked
Posts 9
judy v wrote
on Feb 21, 2012 12:57 AM

Hi all

I have just separated the sleeve stitches from the body.   Here is a photo of my progress so far, I am enjoying this pattern and the yarn has a nice sheen that makes the knit stitches in the yoke pop.

Page 6 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS