Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 21, 2012 7:43 AM

nice color! well done!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
catamount52 wrote
on Feb 21, 2012 4:10 PM

Judy V, this is really beautiful. I tend to like the dark colors but I think this pattern seems to lend itself to the darker colors particularly. What is the yarn? On my screen it looks a little tweedy; is that just an illusion or is the yarn a little speckled in some way? Just beautiful!

kerry

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 21, 2012 7:37 PM

finished and modeled by my daughter KT giving me her Vogue look. LOL

Not Ranked
Posts 9
judy v wrote
on Feb 21, 2012 7:48 PM

catamount52:

Judy V, this is really beautiful. I tend to like the dark colors but I think this pattern seems to lend itself to the darker colors particularly . What is the yarn? On my screen it looks a little tweedy; is that just an illusion or is the yarn a little speckled in some way? Just beautiful!

kerry

Thanks, I'm loving this eggplant colour and the Debbie Bliss alpaca silk aran yarn.  It is a pure colouyr with no tweed or flecks in it.  It has a lovely sheen.  I am worried that it will pill when worn because it is spun very soft.

Judy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 7:06 AM

Hi all - i'm still waiting for my yarn to arrive from the UK and I am going away for nine days on Saturday so am desperately hoping it will arrive before I go, otherwise I'll be starting on 6th March. As usual the different choices of colours and yarns make each garment so individual, mine is going to be a teal colour so the yoke ribs should stand out well.  i'll keep reading posts and gather up all the hints and tips that are so useful, and hope I can get to it soon! Liz

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 7:17 AM

really like this pattern so planning on making a couple more. :P

I love how versatile the yoke neckline is as it is relaxed enough to drop off the shoulder if you want or just keep it up around the neck. My daughter likes to wear drop shoulder sweaters with a camisole underneath. I like to wear it normal. lol

looking forward to seeing more from everyone! good knitting!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
All2HimIO wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 7:58 AM

Hey Liz, just image getting your yarn from the UK!  Have a joyful time while you are away.  Mabel

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
All2HimIO wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 8:01 AM

Beautiful sweater - beautiful daughter.  You're finished, I haven't yet started.  Finally rounded up the correct size needles I needed.  

M.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 2:38 PM

I finished the Lapis Pullover this afternoon and plan to block it tomorrow.   After it's blocked, I'll wear the sweater and have DH take a picture for posting.  Judy in SE WI

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 4:40 PM

Beautiful!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 7:57 PM

All of them are really beautiful and it's amazing how fast they were knitted!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 314
sjc wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 10:13 PM

JeanieH@6:

All of them are really beautiful and it's amazing how fast they were knitted!

I agree, ALL the sweaters are BEAUTIFUL.  Those who are still knitting or waiting for yarn, please keep in mind that some of us started the sweater last month before it was even announced as a knit along because we liked it so much.  I'm at the ribbing of the first sleeve but I've been knitting on it for well over a month!  Plus, we all have different amounts of time to knit and that makes a difference.  A knit along is a sharing of a project, not a speed contest so I hope people who are not so far won't get discouraged because others are finished.  In other knit along's I've seen people ask questions and post pictures nearly a year after most are finished.  I love the pictures in progress, they give me ideas for different yarns that can be used.  So,  keep on knitting and keep on sharing!

Sherry

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Feb 23, 2012 12:33 AM

It's official - God is a knitter!!

My yarn arrived from the UK this morning (23rd) after being ordered on 16th! I can highly recommend Deramores in the UK- their service is fantastic, and postage is extremely reasonable, plus they have specials on every week. I'm so pleased it arrived so I can start  the yoke tonight and then take it with me (I'm going to Adelaide in South Australia to help sort out my Mum's knitting stash as she has finally decided at 91 that she can't machine knit any more, and her arthritis stops her from hand knitting).  Happy days!! 

Judy- your jumper is lovely, hope mine turns out as nicely as yours. Liz.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Feb 23, 2012 3:30 AM

Help already!! Starting the yoke and gathered needles but am not sure in the pattern when to change from size 8 (my 5mm) to size 7 (my 4.5mm). I am presuming that the rib bands at the bottom are done on the smaller gauge needle and the main body and sleeves are done on the larger needles? Any help appreciated - perhaps someone who has finished could confirm this for me! Thanks Liz

Not Ranked
Posts 4
melodiefenez wrote
on Feb 23, 2012 6:55 AM

when i read through the pattern, the only change that i saw was for the rib bands at the bottom. i'm half way through the body and i haven't changed yet.

i live in Germany and i've never thought of purchasing my wool in the UK, i'll have a look at it ! I always see so nice american wool ont he web, but purchasing it from the USA almost doubles the price because of the postage (so frustrating !!!)

i have very few times to knit everyday (sometimes not more than 1/2 hour!) and i can still see the progress ! this sweater is heaven to knit and buid up so quickly. Seeing all your pictures makes me want to knit a hundred of them in every color possible.

thanks for making this KAL and my daily knitting time so joyfull !

Mélodie

Page 7 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS