The Official Lapis Yoke Pullover Forum

This post has 232 Replies | 29 Followers rated by 8 users
Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Feb 26, 2012 10:35 PM

Your sweater tuned out beautifully.  I just started mine hope it turns out that well!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ginagina wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 9:29 AM

I was so glad this sweater was chosen I have joined my first knit-a-long!  I am using some Cascade 220 heather in a blue from my stash and bought the magazine with the pattern on sale - does it get any better than that?  I am done with the yoke and onto the body - very easy pattern to follow. 

Not Ranked
Posts 14
hcgogan wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 10:15 AM

Gasp....ack....Last 10 rows of the yoke.  Will I ever get through these?  You quick knitters give me hope.  I need a thumb massage!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 11:02 AM

hcgogan:

Gasp....ack....Last 10 rows of the yoke.  Will I ever get through these?  You quick knitters give me hope.  I need a thumb massage!

Hang in there, it gets SOOO much better once you take off the 100+ stitches for the sleeves...you're almost there!

Sherry

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 6:52 PM

Thank you, s!  I'm sure you will be very proud of your sweater when the knitting and blocking are finished.  

I was passing time at Amazon looking through the knitting books, and there it was..."The Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweater Patterns:  Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges authored by Ann Budd, and written for knitters of all skill levels.  The book's cover depicted some top-down sweaters, and did they look beautiful...lots of variety in those sweaters!!  It has an arrival date of July 24, 2012...with pre-order available.  I am tempted...very tempted!!

Last night, I finished knitting the "Betty's Pullover" that I set aside to do the Lapis Yoke.  I'll weave the yarn ends and block it tomorrow.

Time to relax.  Judy in SE WI

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 7:17 PM

I also looked up Ann Budd's upcoming book "The Knitter's Handy book of Top-Down Sweater Patterns..."  It said August 21 for the availability date on Amazon--maybe it's been pushed back.  They sure are doing pre-orders well in advance but it does save you money in the long run if you're likely to buy it anyway.  Interweave also often does pre-orders.  Don't know if this will be one or not.    Another good book is "Seamless (or nearly seamless) Knits" by Andra Knight-Bowman.  Not all the patterns are top-down but all require little seaming/finishing work. 

I'm working away on the Lapis Yoke, I'm on the last decrease section of the last sleeve.  The end is in sight!  I hope to finish tomorrow but other things are on the "to do" list so who knows...

Sherry

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 8:28 PM

Hi Sherry, I saw the Andra Knight-Bowman book when I was looking at the Ann Budd book.  Too bad they moved back the availability date into August for Ann Budd's book...I'm glad you posted that info here.  

Isn't it great to be so close to the end of a knit pattern?  Will be watching for your photos!!

Back to my rocking chair...Judy in SE WI

Not Ranked
Posts 4
nanaleebrice wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 8:48 AM

Finally started the project and I am loving it!  I worked through the first three increases on the yoke, and hope to finish the yoke this week.  I love seeing the photos and hearing about everyone's projects!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 1:25 PM

Hi all - I've been beavering away at the largest size, in a variegated acrylic from the stash. I really like top-down patterns. Some changes I made - I'm not bothering with body shaping in the instructions (I have no body shape ha ha) but I've done short rows at the body back at the armhole division, and will do two more sets, one in the middle back, and one just abover the ribbing so that the garment hangs better on me.

I like long sleeves I can push up, won't do any shaping until the wrist when I'll decrease like fury, working the rib probably in 2 x 2 for more give.

I'd like to make this in another yarn with the smooth side out for the yoke Big Smile

Here is a piccy of my sweater so far:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 8:35 PM

Hi bessT, 

Wow, I really like the look of this in the yarn you are using.  It really has personality!  Love the colors!  I'll be waiting to see your finish pic. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 10:34 PM

I really like that!! you know... i wonder if random embroidered flowers in the yoke would be interesting. I really like this pattern and planning on making a couple more. lol crazy i know ....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
lynnlou63 wrote
on Mar 2, 2012 7:07 AM

Hi all, I have finished the body and it's looking good but I have encountered a problem with the sleeves and using dpns - major struggle in knitting with these as I haven't used them before. I am getting very tight stitches and I am not finding it easy to knit in the round with them. I am wondering if I should be using 5 needles and not the 4 that I have. I didn't buy the needles as a set, I 'inherited' them.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I am on the verge of knitting them on straight needles which defeats the object of the pattern!!

Confused

Lynn

Lynn

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Mar 2, 2012 7:34 AM

Judy in SE WI...lovely job. I just found this KAL this am. Seems like I can join in when you all start your second Lapis Pullover. I've been put on wool stash lockdown by DH aka Treaurer. I do have 100% merino in grey. I knitted a front pullover in basketweave for my son & decided it was not a good style for a 38 yr old fella. I'm off to download the 2010 emag. You are all an inspiration to one to "starts but never finishes".

Ruth from Manitoba Canada

Not Ranked
Posts 9
9098jan wrote
on Mar 2, 2012 7:50 AM

Hi Lynnlou  I would use magic loop, I'm not even going to try DPNS. I've used Travelling loop for most of my sleeves for a while and it works great.  If you google 'travelling loop there is a utube video which shows it quite clearly.

HTH Jan xx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Mar 2, 2012 8:18 AM

Thank you, Ruth!  It certainly is a comfortable sweater.  Ouch...a wool stash lockdown is serious stuff ;D  And we all want to see your finished, grey Lapis Yoke.  Enjoy the knit!!  Judy in SE WI

Page 9 of 16 (233 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS