felted heart milagros

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
ltlatta wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 8:22 AM

the hearts are truly adorable and fun to make, but no matter what i do, i get little holes in the felting.  i've tried a smaller needle and i i've doubled the yarn (which results in a larger heart...) the worst spot is is at the top of the heart where the "shoulders" are but really anywhere that there are wraps.  any suggestions?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
gotrice wrote
on Feb 9, 2012 11:51 AM

Sorry, no suggestions but question to ask you - did you have any problems at all with the instructions?  I find that the numbers don't seem to add up.

gotrice

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lavamom wrote
on Mar 1, 2012 1:33 PM

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say that I have the same problem - I thought it was just my lack of skill. From what I have read, doing short rows is supposed to HIDE holes - but not for me.

As for the instructions, they are a bit odd. I started over 3 separate times before I decided that the number of stitches they are referring to are what's on the needle after you turn in the middle of the row, but before you do the pearl side. Which is really not helpful at all! I re-wrote them for myself.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
abqwally wrote
on Mar 2, 2012 1:11 PM

Instructions are not good and I have been knitting for over 50 years. Numbers are screwy too,. but I am going to suceed no matter what.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
abqwally wrote
on Mar 24, 2012 2:57 PM

I finally mastered this pattern and can now whiz along. The secret seems to be in not letting the wraps be too loose and making sure that you pick up the wraps when making the knit rows. At last I am making hearts without holes. It is great not to have a hole in your heart.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS