This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Feb 24, 2012 7:33 PM

Join us as we knit Ann's Go-To Socks from Simply Sockupied!

Here's how a knit-along works:

1. Buy your pattern (in Simply Sockupied, through the app store for the iPad version or through the Knitting Daily Shop for the Mac or PC version).
  2. Buy your yarn (or find it in your stash).
  3. Introduce yourself below and tell us which yarn you're using. This is where you'll share your tips, ask questions, or upload photos, and it's where you'll find support if you're having problems.
  4. Post a photo of your finished socks when you're done.

It's as easy as that. Now let's get started!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
npaprocki wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 7:26 AM

I'm a little confused.  Is this the forum for the socks?  I'm going to try Ann's go to socks.  I've been trying to learn to knit socks all winter and so far haven't had any luck.  I've down loaded the e-book.... didn't know it was an application.  And hopefully later today I'll have a chance to start.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dianauhl wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 9:20 AM

Hi, I'm Diana. I will be using a beautiful red-based color Stroll yarn, a superwash wool . I have made several pairs of socks ... some more successful than others. I've wanted to do a knit along (KAL) for simply ages and thought this would be a good place to get my sock knitting on the straight and narrow as well as accomplishing my goal of a KAL.

I live in the U.S. in Tennessee although I'm a transplanted Michigander.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
wendyp54 wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 9:21 AM

I'm on a mac, where do I introduce myself and share which yarn I'm going to use

Wendy

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Welachild wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 9:31 AM

Hi, I'm Melissa. I've never knit socks before so I think this KAL will be perfect! I am working on some slippers right now, so I've learned to pick up stitches along the heel flap. :)

I've been searching for a sock pattern to use my Noro Kureyon sock yarn and I think Anne's go-to socks will fit the high contrast color changes the best. I don't know for sure as I'm fairly knew at using "fancy" yarn!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
glassjules wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 9:54 AM

Hi, I downloaded and am picking yarn for One of the pairs of socks for the KAL. If anyone has questions I can share my experiences. You can see my other socks on ravelry, I am glassjules on there.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Pooh Bear wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 11:30 AM

Hi I'm Ruby.  I've knitted 3 pair of socks from hill down, and 1 pair from toe up.  I have problems with the toe up sock.  I know this will help me a lot.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
marcy0127 wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 11:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm Marcy and I am very happy to have found this forum.  I had a very long argument with a sock last night and the sock won.  I was so glad to find the email advertising this forum and "Simply Sockupied" this morning.  I purchased it for my iPad and hope to finally end my frustration with trying to knit socks!  Now to go through my stash to pick out a skein of yarn!

Marcy

in NY

Ravelry ID "sewingdiva54"

Not Ranked
Posts 4
marcy0127 wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 11:40 AM

May I use a circular needle for these socks?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
SharylRae wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 2:39 PM

Hi. I am Sharyl and this is the first time I have done one of these knit alongs.  Trying to learn the right way to knit socks. This is very helpful so far. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lily- wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 3:13 PM

Hello

I'm Lily from Québec, Canada and I like to knit socks. I have download the patterns and I'm ready to begin. Big Smile

My yarn is Drops Fabel Superwash. I will start my knit, tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 3:34 PM

You know, Marcy0127, I've had a couple socks beat me--several got frogged and one was just plain thrown out. (Hated the yarn and the pattern!) That's part of the reason I find myself knitting simple socks again and again! It's fun to have a challenge, but also nice to be the boss of my knitting.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 3:35 PM

Marcy0127: You may--I do! Are you thinking Magic Loop, one very short circ, or something else?

Ann's instructions are geared toward dpns, but if you hit a snag, just holler.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
marcy0127 wrote
on Feb 27, 2012 4:39 PM

Magic Loop!

Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 27, 2012 6:12 PM

I live in TN and I joined to see if this KAL woul dhelp me to actually knit a sock - the first sock i started the cat liked more than I did and she took care to rip it out for me!  Cant wait to get my yarn and get started!

gin

Page 1 of 19 (280 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS