Simply Sockupied Knit-along: Ann's Go-To Socks

This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 2:15 AM

I finished my first sock, and it fits great and is so comfortable. Now I need to knit its mate!

BTW, I found a really good you tube video to help with learning the kitchener stitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmgE7YQkrFw

Erica

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 6:08 AM

Beautimous! Lovely!!! Wonderful!!!! I like the ribbing pattern alla way down the foot, makes it snuggly and no baggyness, excellent!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 6:11 AM

Beautiful, I like a shortie sock style like this, but would LOVE to know how they perform...whether or not they slide down into the shoe!!! THanks for the photo, it's gorgeous!

AND thanks for the kitchener video link!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
pladle wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 8:02 AM

very nice!!! Good job. All those new experiences must make you feel go-o-od

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Ginny@45 wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 8:15 AM

Those socks are beautiful!!  What an accomplishment!  

Not Ranked
Posts 5
mariebe2 wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 10:39 AM

Thanks Anne. This helps. I also was very confused by the way this was written. npaprocki, you aren't alone.

So, my next question is this. On the heel flap directions, it says "chain-edge sts along each selvedge". Is this something I am supposed to do, or is this what the resulting edge will look like? I feel like I don't speak the language...

Thanks so much. I am enjoying this KAL. I've never done this before.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
Shaggylinus wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 11:42 AM

I was finally able to begin my socks.  I am loving the colors so far.

Renée

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 11:46 AM

mariebe2:
On the heel flap directions, it says "chain-edge sts along each selvedge". Is this something I am supposed to do, or is this what the resulting edge will look like?

This tells you how many of those chain-edge stitches there will be when you've completed the direction before the dash. In general, the words after the dash (such as "—28 rows total; 14 chain-edge sts along each selvedge.") tell you how many stitches there are. They aren't directions, they're "you are here" indicators.

Thanks so much for asking these questions! It's sometimes hard to envision what will make sense to someone trying this for the first time and what will sound like dispatches from another planet. It helps me know what to explain better next time.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 11:48 AM

Renée--gorgeous!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Pcantan wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 1:11 PM

My name is Pamela and I'm in Dearborn, MI.  It took nine days to finally download the ebook after a call to Interweave customer service and McAfee customer service as well. But I'm quite sure that my patience and perseverance is going to come in real handy with these socks.

I spent last night reading through the ebook and all of the posts.  A lot of good ideas and videos are already in place so being late for the dance is sometimes a good thing.  I took off work early today to gather my supplies.  I'm using Loops & Threads Luxury Sock Super Fine yarn in Ocean. 

Now it's time to measure my foot and swatch.  Good luck to me Wink!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 192
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Mar 15, 2012 1:19 PM

Pamela--I'm glad you got it to work! Welcome.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
mpn68 wrote
on Mar 16, 2012 3:04 PM

Thanks to everyone who is participating in the blog.  The suggestions to other websites like www.verypink.com and links to YouTube videos were very helpful!  Thanks also for your photos; they kept me enthusiastic about the project.

I especially want to thank npaprocki for his/her questions.  I was a day or two behind at each stage of my learning.  When I got stuck, my questions already had answers!  Npaprocki, a huge thanks from those of us who were able to ride on your coat tails.  Thank you to all who answered npaprocki's (and my) questions.  You did a great job!

I just finished my first pair of socks!  They were knitted using Patons Kroy in Copper Colors.  Since I was knitting them in the 2nd largest size, I needed more than 100g of yarn.  I chose to knit the toes in a contrasting yarn.  (BTW, I didn't match the color variations in the Kroy.  I haven't decided whether I like the effect yet.))

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 16, 2012 5:30 PM

WOW!! Very kewl, the contrasting toes will always make them uniquely YOUR own sox, nobody can mooch them, and when you have your shoes/boots/clogs on, nobody will know your secret!!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 16, 2012 5:31 PM

WOW!! Very kewl, the contrasting toes will always make them uniquely YOUR own sox, nobody can mooch them, and when you have your shoes/boots/clogs on, nobody will know your secret!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
mpn68 wrote
on Mar 17, 2012 12:28 PM

Thanks, cekoons!  You've now given my socks an air of mystery which is very cool!

Mary

Page 13 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS