Simply Sockupied Knit-along: Ann's Go-To Socks

This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 17, 2012 1:27 PM

OH absolutely, in my family sox are a VERY personal thing!!!! HAHAAH, but yours are truly unique and NO ONE would DARE to impose upon them! I have a similar problem knitting sox for my son-in-law who wears a 16 shoe, 100 grams just doesn't do it, so he gets different colored toes...usually the yarn leftover from the 100 grams when I knit MY sox goes for HIS toes!! HAHAAHAH!!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Zytiggx wrote
on Mar 17, 2012 3:21 PM

RicaWil:

I finished my first sock, and it fits great and is so comfortable. Now I need to knit its mate!

BTW, I found a really good you tube video to help with learning the kitchener stitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmgE7YQkrFw

Erica

Beautiful and what a great video on Kitchener stitch.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BarbaraD@41 wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 7:16 AM

I have the Simply Sockupied as an app on my iPad.  How can I print off Ann Budd's pattern?

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 10:20 AM

Yeah I finished sock #1! I love this ty-dy yarn. Now on to sock #2, which definitely will not match the first, but such is the nature of this funky yarn.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
maigheoyank wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 10:46 AM

Oh, what fun!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 18, 2012 3:18 PM

OH YEAH!!! Gorgeous! And why do you wanna be matchy matchy anyway??? That just screams 'machine made'. I love your ribbing all the way up and down, I never cared for the usual instruction to only knit 1 1/2 inches of ribbing, I like them to be snug and not baggy, also in the foot!! GREAT JOB!!! Very pretty yarn, you GO babeeee!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 9:23 AM

Thanks! I can't wait to finish the pair and sink my teeth into the mini-cable socks. I've never tried cables before and this looks like a perfect opportunity!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 190
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 11:45 AM

BarbaraD@41:

I have the Simply Sockupied as an app on my iPad.  How can I print off Ann Budd's pattern?

Barbara,

I wrote up a little tutorial on saving the PDFs for printing and use offline in a blog post. Does that help? Let me know.

Thanks! 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
sewkat wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 1:37 PM

Hi, I'm Kat. I'm work on Ann's Go-To Socks. I'm using Patons Kroy Socks FX from my stash.

I've got the cuffs/legs done and I'm ready to start the heels, but I'm having a problem.  I do socks two at a time using the magic loop. I think I'm going to have to go buy some double points. I can't figure out how to make these socks work on the magic loop.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
judygvi514 wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 1:43 PM

I have finally had the time to cast on and begin working on the sock!  :-)  I must say that I really really liked the Ukrainian cast on!  I followed the youtube video and with just a little bit of practice I was able to cast on quickly.  I am using Blossom Street Petals sock yarn---love how soft it feels.  I am working on the cuff, made a mistake and had to rippit.  Using dpns----which I have used before and love using! 

Judy (near Boston)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
sewkat wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 1:46 PM

Hi, I've hit a snag. I've done five pairs of socks so far. I've done them using the magic loop. A couple I have to take off and do the heels individually.

With Ann's pattern, I not sure how to do the heels. I have the cuffs/legs done, ready to start the heel.  I've got 36st on front and 32 st on back. Do I need to rearrange my stitches?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 6:09 PM

OH yeah, baby cables are the BEST...you get a tremendous "bang for your buck" here's a photo of the sox I just finished, large pair for me, small for my

granddaughter....not sure if the baby cables show up really well....

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 9:46 AM

Those turned out great! I love that you did a matching pair for your granddaughter. If I am able to figure out the cables maybe I'll do a pair for my little guy.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Ginny@45 wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 3:55 PM

cekoons,

Your socks are gorgeous!  I'm sure your granddaughter will love them.  I finished my first sock, and am diligently working on the second!  I'll post  a picture soon.

Happy Knitting!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 5:38 PM

The cables are sooooooo easy, really...do a basically K2 P2 rib, but every 4th row you do this *K2tog, leave on left needle, insert right needle back into first st on needle, K1, drop all sts just knitted, p2; rep from * to end of row, rows 1-3 just K2 P2....and on and on you go....it's really really easy, fun and quick and looks SOOOOO gorgeous when you're done!

Page 14 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16  Next >  ... Last » | RSS