Simply Sockupied Knit-along: Ann's Go-To Socks

This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
npaprocki wrote
on Mar 24, 2012 2:52 PM

I hear ya about starting over.  I finished my first sock last night.  For the second time.  This time the sock is just about perfect.  I think I have the mechanics down and will start on the second sock tonite.  Yeah !

Not Ranked
Posts 5
mariebe2 wrote
on Apr 2, 2012 11:47 PM

Awesome! I have one down and am working on the gussett of the 2nd. Will post when finished. I love seeing everyone's finished products!

I had to do a little frogging...thought I could watch TV and knit at the same time. Got me!

Huh?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
sewkat wrote
on Apr 3, 2012 10:37 AM

I'm working n the foot. I had to frog about 4 rows, got carried away with the decreases on the heel.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
npaprocki wrote
on Apr 5, 2012 12:47 PM

Finally finished after many re-starts.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
npaprocki wrote
on Apr 5, 2012 12:48 PM

Dang, my picture didn't insert.  Oh well.  thanxs for all the help

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 5, 2012 8:07 PM

WHHYYYYY won't your picture insert????? I wanna see the new sox!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
mariebe2 wrote
on Apr 5, 2012 10:55 PM

Ok, here's mine...

Size zero needles, Regia yarn: 75%superwash wool and 25% polyamide. The photo doesn't do the color "partie" justice. Colors range from brown to fuschia to reds.  (Sorry. Should have lotioned and spray tanned before snapping a picture. hee hee)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 6, 2012 5:46 AM

OOooooooo, GORGEOUS, SPECTACULAR, fabulousness....is this your first attempt???? Surely not, otherwise you must be an accomplished knitter, they're LOVELY, so snug and wonderful!!!!Star

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
npaprocki wrote
on Apr 6, 2012 7:06 AM

I'll try again.. because after I insert media nothing happens.  Oh maybe the other times I just wasn't patient enuf.  Here they are

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 6, 2012 6:57 PM

WOWEEEEE ZOWEEEEE!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
Shaggylinus wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 1:41 PM

I have definitely fallen behind on my socks.  I was just about to start the heel when the instructions didn't make sense to me. ( I am following the instruction for a finished size of 8.) 

So the instructions are:  set -up row 1: (rs) work 17 sts in established rib patt as foll: [k3, p1] 4 times, k2 1 time, turn work.

I am using the magic loop method and I have my sock divided with 34 sts on each side.  So when I go to do this first step how do I work 17 sts when the pattern calls for k3,p1 (which would be 16), then a k2?  Either way I figure it, I can't get the numbers to work.

Then when I go to the next step, how can i "sl 1, then p33"  when i haven't got that many sts due to the row before.

Can anyone clear this up for me?  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
sewkat wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 5:55 PM

Got my socks finished.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 6:56 PM

OOooooo very pretty!!! !I love purple and the magic striping along with the ribbing is GREAT !!! GOOD JOB!! How many pairs is this for you????

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
pladle wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 9:36 PM

Shaggylinus:

I have definitely fallen behind on my socks.  I was just about to start the heel when the instructions didn't make sense to me. ( I am following the instruction for a finished size of 8.) 

So the instructions are:  set -up row 1: (rs) work 17 sts in established rib patt as foll: [k3, p1] 4 times, k2 1 time, turn work.

I am using the magic loop method and I have my sock divided with 34 sts on each side.  So when I go to do this first step how do I work 17 sts when the pattern calls for k3,p1 (which would be 16), then a k2?  Either way I figure it, I can't get the numbers to work.

Then when I go to the next step, how can i "sl 1, then p33"  when i haven't got that many sts due to the row before.

Can anyone clear this up for me?  Thanks!

You need to work the 16 sts in pattern then k1 (watch those parentheses)  then you turn your work and continue until you have sl1 p33 for a total of 34 sts for the heel flap

That  "17 sts then turn" centers the heel flap at the back of the sock,

Hope this helps

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 190
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Apr 11, 2012 10:49 PM

Shaggylinus:

There are 2 things:

1. If you're working the 68-st size, then you work [k3, p1] 4 times, then k1--not 2. So work those 17 stitches and turn.

2. You will need to rearrange the stitches on the needles--and you can "borrow" stitches from the last round. So after you work back over the 17 stitches of the set-up row, work 17 stitches from the previous round.

Hope that helps!

Page 16 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  14 15 16 17 18  Next >  ... Last » | RSS