Simply Sockupied Knit-along: Ann's Go-To Socks

This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
pladle wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 1:11 AM

Ann

I'm new to KAL's, so I have to ask:  When I answer someone's question, am I stepping out of line? I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, just thought I'd help.

Bev

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 5:31 AM

No, not at all...I've been popping in and out of this venue for a month or more and seems to me that folks just put in whatever they know on a topic or question, the reader can take or leave it as she/he wishes! It's all good...I've knitted for many years, but always eager to learn new tricks...also still VERY knew to magic loop and VERY interested in learning anything about that subject! CHEERS!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
pladle wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 6:16 AM

Thank you for answering my question.

Bev

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
Shaggylinus wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 10:41 AM

Thanks Pladle and Anne.  I thought I might have to take some from the other side but I just wasn't sure.  I think I just had a duh moment with the k2 being a k1.  I don't know why I was thinking k2 1 time instead of just changing the k2 to  a k1.  I think my eyes were crossing by that point.  Thanks for the help!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Welachild wrote
on Apr 14, 2012 2:43 AM

It has taken me a while but I finally finished my first pair of socks!!! Finally got a chance to take a photo

I used Noro Kureyon sock yarn in color S219 and made the size 7 1/2. My colors didn't match up and I made the first one a little too long in the toe (the one on my right foot) but overall I'm really pleased with the results. They are so comfy.

Thanks to everyone who have been asking questions and posting answers. I've been quietly lurking the KAL and I have learned alot with this first pair of socks. I will probably head on over to the up-down socks and try toe up.

Happy knitting everyone, Melissa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 14, 2012 7:06 AM

WOWWEEEE!!! Gorgeous!!! They look fabulous, I learn a trick or two every time I knit another pair of sox, been doing it for years, never stop learning!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Apr 15, 2012 1:44 PM

Finally finished my pair of socks this morning! Now on to the cable socks!file://localhost/Users/robandjackie/Pictures/Photo%20Booth%20Library/Pictures/Photo%20on%204-15-12%20at%2011.43%20AM%20%232.jpg

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Apr 15, 2012 1:48 PM

Finally finished my pair of socks this morning! Now on to the cable 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 15, 2012 2:54 PM

WOWEEEE!!! Gorgeous sox and cute photo also!!!!Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Apr 16, 2012 9:15 AM

Thanks! I couldn't make my computer post a picture from the photo files so I decided to use iPhoto. It wasn't easy to figure out how to get my feet in the shot and get to the mouse to click the photo, but I was determined, as you could see.Geeked

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Pcantan wrote
on Apr 17, 2012 5:59 PM

Just wanted to log in and catch up and see all the socks that are finished.   With this being my first pair, it has been quite challenging, but I haven't given up.  Just put them down a a time or twenty  to keep from getting frustrated 'cause this is suppose to be a fun learning experience!

But I am knitting along and making some progress.  I am still enjoying myself for sure.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
pladle wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 9:18 AM

Finally! I've finished

I'm trying to include a picture.

I enjoyed the KAL. I learned a new cast on which I like very much. Iearned that I'm not the  only one who invented unknitting. not only do others use the technique but that it actually has a name. I learned that ravelling or unravelling is called frogging or frog ponding, I learned that there is an incredible amount of help for knitters on the internet, I learned that fine knitting requires excellent light. I learned that I have come to the point in my life when I need a crochet hook in my knitting bag.i untied a knot I found in the yarn and did my first "spit splice" (most of my knitting has been done with man-made fibers) so far, it has held even with 25% nylon

I used Plymouth Yarn company's Zino color # 8. Another thing I learned, Sometimes colors only have numbers - no name

Thanks

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 10:48 AM

WOW what a massive group of good lessons learned, useful in so many ventures! Thanks for the terrific photo, your socks are magnificent!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
leelori12 wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 10:57 AM

Beautiful socks! What a great job and I love that color of the Zion.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Welachild wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 3:15 PM

I too love the color of your socks! And they look so comfy. Good job!

Page 17 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19  Next > | RSS