Simply Sockupied Knit-along: Ann's Go-To Socks

This post has 279 Replies | 32 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 2:34 PM

GREAT instructions and photos, wish I'd of had these a couple years ago!!! HAHAH!, I'm sure it'll be most illuminating for any of the beginners on the list. BTW, you are showing FIVE sock needles, I typically use only 4 just b/c the needles I have are well over 50 years old, and I think the 5 needle deal is more modern, definitely makes things easier alla way around, I do have one new set of bamboos that have 5 needles, makes THICK sox...hmmm, just thinking I should prolly make a pair for my son-in-law's size 16 feet, go faster on bigger needles, eh???? CIAO BELLA and thanks a bunch for great information~

Not Ranked
Posts 2
teva_hobbies wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 2:38 PM

Thank you cekoons! I'm actually pretty excited about the Sockupied emag, I just watched the casting on video and I'm ready to get started! LOL. I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and there are plenty of rainy days to get my yarn fix on :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 3:47 PM

You are most welcome I"m sure! Knit onward!

Cindy Koons

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MarliesL wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 8:36 PM

so far a very productive weekend... these are Ann Bud's Go to Socks -  i have two sets of needles going.. and switch on and off... that way they end of being fairly the same... I have a tendency to knit tighter or looser.. depending on my mood... so by doing it this way , each sock gets both of my moods :)   -Marlies

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 8:42 PM

WOW!!! Gorgeous!!! Ohhhh...it's the fancy striped yarn that makes the fancy stripes wiht the correct pattern????? WOW, that's really kewl!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 8:43 PM

Now all I have to do is figure out how to upload photos of my work, eh?????  Maybe that would be the "insert media" key in the tool bar????

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MarliesL wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 9:01 PM

yep.. insert media .... and then just browse for your picture... easy peasy !

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MarliesL wrote
on Mar 4, 2012 9:02 PM

self striping yarn !!  the absolute way to go !

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 5, 2012 1:51 AM

MarliesL:

so far a very productive weekend... these are Ann Bud's Go to Socks -  i have two sets of needles going.. and switch on and off... that way they end of being fairly the same... I have a tendency to knit tighter or looser.. depending on my mood... so by doing it this way , each sock gets both of my moods :)   -Marlies

Those are beautiful! I love the yarn. I was seriously considering ordering a second set of sock needles so I could switch between them and not have a whole second sock waiting. Have you done two at a time socks? I have tried, but found it very impractical since I take my knitting on the go a lot. This seems like the perfect compromise.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 5, 2012 1:55 AM

After a few false starts and watching the video for the Old Norweigian cast on a few dozen times I am finally off. I am mesmorized by the colors in the stroll tonal I am using, which makes it hard to lay it down. I can 't wait to have enough done to post a picture.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
The Jacker wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 10:08 AM

Having two sets of needles would probably solve my SSS (second sock syndrome). LOL Thanks for the suggestion. I wish I thought thought of that years ago! Beautiful socks!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 10:41 AM

My first sock ever.....I'm using Debra Norville's Serenity and size 1 DPN.   Erica

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
RicaWil wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 11:10 AM

Forgot to mention, I am making mine as anklets.

Erica

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 5, 2012 5:23 PM

I'm Carol and never knitted socks before, but know how to do magic loop knitting.  So that is what I am going to try.  Thanks for this KAL and the great magazine.  It is very helpful

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
cekoons wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 6:07 PM

GORGEOUS!!! Simply gorgeous, it's sooooo satisfying!!!!

Page 8 of 19 (280 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS