Earflap hat with braids

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 2
MonicaT wrote
on Sep 25, 2008 7:58 AM

Hello! I am a beginner knitter (I started knitting in February 2008 when my niece was born). I am looking for a pattern for those cute knitted winter hats that have the earflaps with braids on them and I can't find one anywhere! Does anyone know where I might find one?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MonicaT wrote
on Sep 25, 2008 8:03 AM

I can't believe it! I was just looking through the free patterns and found the earflap hat pattern!!! What a website ... I post a question ... and the pattern is there! LOL Paradise

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Audrey R wrote
on Jan 10, 2009 12:13 AM

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Audrey R wrote
on Jan 10, 2009 12:14 AM

I can't seem to find the pattern and am having difficulty searching the free pattern database.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Jan 19, 2009 11:15 PM

Hi Audrey....

I'm guessing that it may have been one of those free patts that were available for only a short time. I can't find it now either when I looked for you.

My suggestion is to google: "Earflap hat with Braids" + you may get lucky w/ a pattern.

Take Care...Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Puffy G wrote
on Jan 26, 2009 6:29 PM

Audrey, as of today (1/26/09) there is still a kids' earflappy type hat in the Interweave Free Patterns.  If you click on the Free Patterns tab, at the bottom there is a page indicator which shows you which page you are on.  The kids' hats (there were three in the pattern kit) were on page 6.  I don't think it reloads or changes the order, as I've gone in several times looking for different things and they always seem to be in about the same place.

I have also seen a whole array of similar types of hats (also called various other names, depending on whether it is the more Scandanavian style or the South American style).  I have a very simple pattern that I found somewhere that uses two skeins of Schoeller-Stahl Big Mexiko (self-patterning), with i-cord instead of braids.  Try also searching on Ravelry under Chullo as well as earflap, you'll find some very interesting and colorful designs inspired by the peoples of the Andes. 

Good luck!

Puffy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS