Another eager Californian joining the gang!

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
SoCalMeaghan wrote
on May 13, 2012 1:26 AM

Hi,

My name is Meaghan, I'm a transplant from Alberta Canada, now living in sunny San Diego. I "started" knitting over 10 years ago when someone gave me two needles and a knitting pattern (I actually made mitts more successfully than I do now!). Just recently (about 6 months ago) I found a new friend and truly kindred spirit who loves knitting as much as I do. We host a weekly knitting night where we eat pizza, drink wine, completely ignore whatever movie we plug into th DVR and get lost in our knitting with three crazy dogs cuddled up on us. 

We are looking to expand our abilities which are currently fairly limited to hats (for Liz) and afghans and scarves for me. We are both attending Interweaves Knitting Lab this fall and it's killing me that I have to wait until November. 

Long story short (err... maybe not anymore I guess) I found this site tonight and have already ordered one back issue of a past magazine with patterns I love. I would love to get in on the next KAL but don't see a schedule. How do we find out when it will be?

Thanks for welcoming me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Knit long and prosper my new friends!

Meg 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 13, 2012 5:55 PM

Hi Meg,

Glad you found us here too.  You'll be looking for the KAL announcement on the Home page & I believe it should show up under one of Kathleen's blogs.  It should be due soon because for the Lapis Yoke Pullover 3/29 - 4/19 was the finishing date for the kniting of sleeves and the finishing and blocking.  Usually the vote is taken on what is preferred by KD members from several projects and the most popular wins. 

So it sounds like you'll have plenty to keep busy with on our weekly knitting night along with your three dogs.  Mine loves to watch me knit too. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Lady Sophia wrote
on May 14, 2012 8:58 PM

Hi, I am also new here and so far I am really enjoying my stay. I learned a lot about knitting. Thanks for these forum.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS