Little Lace Top by Ann E Smith

This post has 42 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Auntdena wrote
on Jun 12, 2012 12:47 PM

Hi !  I am new here 

Recent project is this top. Little Lace Top by Ann E Smith .

I am having a problem with this pattern. The instructions are not as detailed as I am used to . So I am not understanding it. It does not tell you how many stitches you should have after completing the new rows. Nor does it say when to start using the 12 rows of lace pattern. 

This all could be just me . But if some one could take a look at the pattern and help me out that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,771
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 12, 2012 2:05 PM

HI Auntdena, 

I took a moment to pull up the pattern and read through.  I found the directions for when to start use of the 12 row lace pattern.  Look over the instructions once again and I am sure you'll find it.  I don't have the pattern right in front of me at the moment, but when I read over it was in the middle of the document.  What color are you doing the top in?  Sure is pretty!   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jun 12, 2012 5:31 PM

HiZassZ,

was wondering if you could help me also with this pattern.

I just LOVE it and have a 5 year old grandaughter who would look so cute in it - but I too am having [problems with the stitches.

have you nade it before ?  If so could you tell me if the rows are supposed to get more stitches in them  each patterm row of the lace pattern.  Mine seem to grow by about 3 stitches. Nowhere can I see in the instructions to tell me this.  I have pulled down the knitting about 6 times now ......lol

Regards

Millyb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 4:42 AM

It really is a darling pattern. Are you doing a double decrease for the sl 1-k2tog-psso? A single decrease here(sl1, k1, psso) would give you the extra sts in each repeat.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 3:21 PM

Hi Salmonmac

I think I am...lol.

The problem area I have is the side panel of lace. The first row works out perfect, then its a purl back.....  then on the third row I end up with  extra stitches.

I have pulled it back once again and tonight I will try it again ..... hope it works !  I LOVe the pattern....

Thanks for your input.

Millyb

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sue196 wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 6:13 PM

Hi everyone, 

how can I get a look at this pattern?  I'm interested to see the problem it's causing

and I'd like to try it for my grand daughter

Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 8:07 PM
Hi Sue,
Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 8:07 PM

Hi Sue,

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jun 13, 2012 8:08 PM

Hi Sue,

The pattern is a free download from cascade website.  It called Little Lace Top made in Cherub Wool #  DK114

Would love to know how you get on and what my mistake/problem is with the lace panel

Regards

Millyb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 3:16 AM

I see. It's a mistake in the pattern. Row 2 is missing a yarn forward or yarn over: k1. k2tog. yf, k1, yf, sl1 k1 psso, k1.

The pattern for the lace inset has 7 sts and row 2 starts with 7 but ends up with only 6sts because of the missing yf. Row 4 starts assuming you have 7sts again which you won't have. I'm not sure why you have extra sts but this could certainly cause a problem.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
millyb wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 1:46 PM

Hi Salmonmac,

Thanks for the information.I will make sure I change that on the pattern sheet.  Did you have any problems with the lace panel pattern ( the first and last stitches of each  row ).  My first row works out exactly to the allocated stitches.  But when I count the stitches to check I have 3 extra stitches which then do not match the next row for  the pattern being set.  Its so frustrating as I really love the pattern.

regards

millyb

Not Ranked
Posts 9
sue196 wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 2:16 PM

Hi Millyb,

I found the pattern, thanks very much it is lovely! I can't wait to have a go at it

Best wishes

Sue

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 555
salmonmac wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 6:35 AM

Is it just in the 12 row lace pattern that you're having trouble, that is in the 21sts before the 1st marker and the 21sts after the 4th marker or is ii overall in the total sts for the back?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Auntdena wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 8:59 AM

I am having problems with the number of stitches that I should have in the rows . I used to be good at these things but have had a stroke so sometimes I get stuck but not like this lol. I am working the back but after finishing the first 12 rows I seem to have 93 sts now lol . I am not going to let this pattern beat me :)  . I am used to it telling you how many sts you should have after the increase and decrease rows. Are you making this dress? Thank you for the help

Does anyone mind posting the amount of stitches in the rows. I know I am asking a lot of you but maybe if I get the first 12 rows down I can figure it out . I contacted the company but it didn't help me much maybe some one else can understand it .

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Auntdena wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 8:59 AM

This was an e-mail from the company that has the pattern
Hello Dena,

The remaining number of stitches are not given until you are ready to bind
off, but appear to be correct for all sizes.

I will use the first size as an example to show you how I got there.
Starting with 81 stitches, a total of 13 decrease rows are worked (2
written out in the directions and repeated 11 times more) decreasing 26
stitches (13 X 2 sts per row = 26) leaving 55 stitches.
The armhole decreases are a total of 12 (6 each side) 55 - 12 = 43.

I hope this helps.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Susie Bonell
Tech Editor
susie@cascadeyarns.com
PO Box 58168
Tukwila, WA 98138
800-548-1048
www.cascadeyarns.com

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS