Hella Problems - Lene Holme Samsoe Pattern

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
SoCalMeaghan wrote
on Jun 21, 2012 10:21 PM

Hello Knitters!

Im between projects and am trying to fill my time as I wait for my next yarn order to arrive. I'm working on the Hella Hat (Loden size) by Lene Holme Samsoe (Essentially Feminine Knits purchased from Interweave). Everything runs smoothly from row 1 to row 7 where I end with the requisite 70 st. Row 8's directions stump me though.  It goes as follows:

Row 7: *K9, p1; rep from * to end. (70 sts)

Row  8: *M1, k3, s2kp, k3, M1, p1; rep from * to end. 

By my count row 8 is a multiple of 13 sts which doesn't divide evenly into 70 which is why I end up short stitches in the round. Has anyone had any luck with this? I'd appreciate any help since I can't seem to find anything about it online. 

Thanks!

Meg

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Holme wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 9:34 AM

Hello Meg

I'm the author of the book - hope I can help you! The text for row 8 is ok. Forget about the 70 sts - I guess you are knitting the "Alfa hat" - the grey hat. The 70 sts is for the "Loden hat", where you have 7 patterns. The Alfa hat only has 4 patterns.

Happy knitting!

Lene Holme Samsøe

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
SoCalMeaghan wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 11:10 AM

Good mroning Lene,

Wow - thank you for responding. Not every day the author gets back to us! Smile

I, however, appear to owe you an apology - I'm sorry! I'll never try to knit a new pattern again when I'm tired. Your response prompted me to go back to the book to review what I did and it hit me immediately! Instead of M1 with the pick up (bar) method I was using the k1fb method so of course my counts were off. When I recounted everything this morning (and yes, I am doing the Loden hat) it all made sense. Huh? 

Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I absolutely love your book and want to make pretty much everything in it. My next goal is the Fiona. I am quite short, though (5' 3") - do you recommend making it shorter for someone who isn't as tall as the gorgeous model?

Kindest regards,

Meg

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Holme wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 1:35 PM

Hello Meg

I'm glad you figured it out.

I think you should make Fiona about 1-1½" shorter. I am about 4" taller than you, and Fiona suits me well, even though I'm not at all as tall as the model on the photo.

Greetings from Denmark :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
DeborahM@28 wrote
on Dec 2, 2013 11:12 PM

Hi Lene

im having a problem with the Holly neck warmer, row 31. I tried to figure it out myself and have messed up the alignment of the pattern. Can you help?  Thanks so much!

deb

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS