Customer Service - Interweave - Pattern I Need Help With

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
ruth64 wrote
on Jul 6, 2012 10:37 PM

I can't get a message through to the Customer Service at Interweave I am told my email address is not right I think its because I live in New Zealand.

I purchased a Jane Austen pattern "Pemberley Slippers" and I need some help with understanding the pattern.

This is my question is there any way I can get it to them through this post - thank you

I am not understanding the pattern to make my slippers. The pattern tells me to used a set of 5 double ended needles.  I am not sure whether I am using the set at the beginning 1st row or do I just use two needles, also do I knit one slipper at a time or the two together on the 5 needles so when do I start to use the 5 needles sorry I am very confused can you please help me.  Kind regards Andrea Beecroft New Zealand.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
knitnanny10 wrote
on Jul 11, 2012 11:20 AM

Hi Andrea,

I am a fellow knitter with, some info that might help you.  I have not knit these slippers, but, because the pattern is asking for you to  have a set of 5 DPs, you will be working one at a time with the stitches divided on 4 needels while you knit around with the 5th.  Meaning....use the 5th needle to knit the stitches off the 1st needle and then use the now empty needle to knit the stitches off the 2nd needle, etc. 

I would think that the pattern should state when casting on that it might say something like "cast X # of stitches divided on 4 DP needles and join...with the word join being the clue.  If this is true, you would be starting out right from the beginning knitting circularly with the DP needles. 

I hope that this helps you some to get going.  So many things become more clear once you cast on and start the knitting process.  Have fun, take a deep breath and dive into your knitting. 

dee@youandmeknit.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,489
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 11, 2012 11:51 AM

Hi Andrea,

I'm trying to get you some help. Stay tuned!

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,489
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 11, 2012 12:43 PM

Andrea, can you send me your email? Mine is kcubley@interweave.com.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ruth64 wrote
on Jul 24, 2012 1:01 AM

Thank you Kathleen I have had some help and I'm on my way with my project it was a bit tricky the pattern was thr tricky part but am well into it.  Please thank everyone who help me I'm very grateful.

Andrea

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS