!RUFFLE & PLEAT SKIRT [proposed non-official kal] Cecily Glowik MacDonald

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 2, 2012 3:05 PM

HI SHARON,

SO HERE IS A POSSIBLE STARTING PLACE IF WE DO DECIDE TO DO .  I thought it would be good to put up the link to pattern for reference so if anyone else wants to see !

ZassZ:

Hi Sharon,

I was looking for skirt patterns. I found this http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/28940.aspx. Really fell in love with this one.

Am trying my lys guy to see if he can get me the /Algarve - yeah more 100% cotton and it's done on circulars, my favs. Called interweave for info on Summer 2009 issue for this pattern instead of just buying the one pattern for 5.99, the one issue is 9.99 but only in downoad. They offer all 4 issues for the year on cd which I prefer. I don't want to download an issue. This way I can just run on computer without having to download and get all 4 for $19.99. What do you think - a good deal?

I like the color it's shown in but also considering a pretty powder blue maybe. You know I have to run this by you to see what you think. haha Let me know.

I put this up in case we choose it.  If not, can just delete.  My color card for the Algarve should be in mail tomorrow.  If I like the yarn I'll pick color, if not I may go with the Tahki Cotton. 

yogama:

hi zass,

i am so excited for you! all these wonderful colors to choose from!

i think we should have our own kal! what a great idea. let's start tossing out suggestions? like maybe your pleated skirt? fun! fun! must dash now. list of things to do before h starts bugging me to get in the car! have a fun weekend! xox

ok so here we go?  SUGGESTION GO HERE $  ä 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 5, 2012 11:02 PM

Hi Sharon,

The shade card arrived.  Can't wait to go see it.  My lys guy said the colors are really really nice.  

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 24, 2012 1:03 PM

ZassZ:

hi sharon,

Wow you got your cd too! This is going to be fun. I stopped by lys, and I ordered the eggplant, which I will do for sure. Then I ordered 2 colors which I will decide on one between the two. One is the same as the picture for the skirt and the other is Cayenne. He also ordered other colors for stocking in his shop, so when he checked back with them, he realized they were holding the entire order for 2 colors they didn't have in stock. He chose some others which they did have and now the whole thing is shipping. Should be here very soon. Can't be soon enough for me! I'll give you my feed back on what these color are like in person.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Hi Sharon and All,

Well I thought I would update this a little.  Since the last post, a) yarn was ordered and expected delivery is this Saturday.  I intended it for the Ruffle Skirt.  Since you, Merlich & I (and anyone else who wants to join in) have decided to knit a Racer Back Top, I decided to use the same yarn to match the skirt to the top.  We haven't actually started this skirt but now we decided to start the top instead.  So perhaps when we finish, some will still want to join back here to do the skirt.  Hopefully, I will have some company Wink  

So see you over at the Racer Back Top (non-official kal) 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS