Maltese Hat pattern

This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Chris@5 wrote
on Oct 21, 2008 7:26 PM

Where can I find Maltese Hat pattern now that it is no longer available for download?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
smkc wrote
on Nov 29, 2009 6:15 PM

Hi - did you ever locate the maltese hat pattern?  Can you adivse? Thank you !

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
AmyS@25 wrote
on Dec 1, 2009 5:03 AM

I MIGHT have it saved to flash drive. I will look thought them today and see if I can find it. I'll post and let you know

Amy

Not Ranked
Posts 8
pmiddlem wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 8:08 PM

Hi!  I came across your post this evening, when I was looking to purchase this pattern--the pattern is $1.00, but the shipping is around $4.50, which seems strange in these times of technology.  Anyway, I would love to have the pattern, if you happen to have it.

Thanks

Pam

Not Ranked
Posts 5
smkc wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 8:55 PM

Hi,

I now have the little book of Elizabeth Zimmerman that contains that pattern ~ so tomorrow I'll scan it and send it to you.

BTW - l don't see an attachment option in the "email reply  box"  here, and l don't use Knitting Daily very often  - can you give me any help here.

Monika

Not Ranked
Posts 5
smkc wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 9:00 PM

Never mind l figured it out from the icon toolbar above - will send it.

M.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
smkc wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 9:01 PM

Never mind l figured it out from the icon toolbar above - will send it.

M.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 9:29 PM

Chris@5:
Where can I find Maltese Hat pattern now that it is no longer available for download?

Hi Chris,

The instructions for the hat are at the following site:  http://www.ehow.com/how_6384730_crochet-maltese-fisherman_s-hat.html

Zoe

Not Ranked
Posts 8
pmiddlem wrote
on Jun 13, 2010 1:59 PM

The link on Knitting Daily is to a crochet pattern . . . if it's not too much of a pain, I would love to have the knitting version.  Otherwise, I will buy the book--it's around $8 from Amazon.

Thank you!

Pam (you can e-mail it here, if you need to:  f89students@gmail.com)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jun 13, 2010 2:42 PM

Hi pmiidlem,

Yes, the link I gave does have crocheted version.  I did "edit" my posting and also included another post for a knitted very similar ear flap hat.  I guess the edit button didn't work for me.

The knitted ear flap hat is found on www.lionbrand.com   It is pattern number 20182.  The downloads and patterns are free but you must be signed up first.  This costs nothing.  

Also on Ravelry there are those who have done this pattern.

Is it possible that your local library has this book and you can borrow it for the pattern?

Happy knitting,  Zoe

Not Ranked
Posts 8
pmiddlem wrote
on Jun 13, 2010 9:21 PM

Okay!  I got it in more than one place!  Thank all of you for your help!  Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ocsliew wrote
on Nov 1, 2010 2:26 PM

Hey Monika!!

Would you be so kind as to send the Maltese Hat pattern to me as well. I have been searching so long for this pattern. You can contact me at ocsliew@gmail.com. Thanks so much.

Ophelia

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ocsliew wrote
on Nov 1, 2010 2:31 PM

Hi There!

Would I be able to get a copy of the Maltese Hat Pattern from you! Like you I have been searching everywhere for this pattern.

Thanks so much.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
pmiddlem wrote
on Nov 1, 2010 2:48 PM

http://books.google.com/books?id=_Cwi0cOjKFcC&printsec=frontcover&dq=knitter's+almanac&hl=en&ei=5CbPTOWZAYG0sAPQ-KX5Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here's the link!  It's from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanc (the link is from Google Books).

Happy knitting!

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Nov 1, 2010 8:11 PM

ocsliew:
Would I be able to get a copy of the Maltese Hat Pattern from you!

Hi to everyone searching for the Maltese Hat Pattern,

It is available for purchase at this site:  http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm     Scroll down to where it says "A Horde of Hats".   The pattern is in that booklette.

I am not sure if everyone realizes that it is against copyright laws to pass around a pattern that is no longer available for free.  Please read the Community Guidelines as posted.  The link is found in the dark grey box at the bottom of the page.  Interweave Knits has addressed this issue many times.  I just don't want anyone to get into trouble.

Most of Elizabeth Zimmerman's patterns have been passed along into the care of her daughter.  They are now available for sale at the schoolhousepress site.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS