Table looms

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
syma wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 7:20 PM

I'm thinking of getting a table loom. I already have a four harness Leclerc jack loom, which I am very happy with. But I would like to experiment with more harnesses (8? maybe 16?) and I think a table loom would satisfy this craving. I'd like to hear from other table loom owners what they like or don't like about the looms they have.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BlueShadow wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 7:44 PM

Hi, I found that on the 8 shaft I found I was pulling too many levers, straining my shoulders slightly in the process. I now have an 8 shaft floor loom and a four shaft table loom. Both table looms are great for really knowing what you are doing in a pattern, though, because you actually have to pull each lever to make the pattern work.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jahanara wrote
on Nov 9, 2008 12:34 AM

I love my Ashford 8 Harness table loom. I did buy the stand so it's a bit like a floor loom, but I just didn't have the table space, as I got a 32". I actually bought the stand that comes with foot peddles, they only make this with 4 foot pedals, but I actually have never used them. I am currently weaving a diamond twill material on this and have no problems what so ever with it! I would definintely recommend the Ashford table looms, the levers are on the front and easily accessible, the beater is light weight and moves smoothly. I love the automatic return as well!

I just can't say enough about this great loom.

Cheers,

E

Not Ranked
Posts 1
junebug7 wrote
on Nov 22, 2008 6:48 AM

I agree with others that pulling levers by hand can be hard especially if arthritis is starting.  I prefer foot pedals!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Tinker88 wrote
on Jul 22, 2009 11:25 PM

I'm a little late to jump in here but I love my 8 shaft Louet Combo loom.  The levers are incredibly easy to pull and since there is space between them, it is a cinch to hook my fingers around them.  It's sturdy but light weight enough to carry easily, and I love that it has a hanging beater.  I've woven for hours and never had any hand, shoulder or neck pain.  I am not sure if they are still making this exact loom anymore - it may have been 'updated' to the Jane loom.  But I wouldn't trade my Louet for all the money in the world.  And further, I've really come to understand structure because table looms are essentially direct tie up.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS