herringbone rib socks help

This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 12:38 AM

Hi Elissa....

So happy that solved your problem...or @ least showed you what it was!!!  In approx 46 yrs of knitting...I've made my share of mistakes. That has to make it easier to figure out someone else's!!!  It's amazing how our brains will grab onto mistakes + rep them faithfully...weird!!!

A "helpful hint"...if you do need to rip back/ undo knitting: ...I grab a needle that's 2 or 3 szs smaller than the one I'm working with. Easier to slip into loops + when you have all the sts fr one needle picked up....you can just slide them onto the proper sz N if you want. Or you can just knit them off...but be careful as they can slide out accidentally (smaller sz)...before you're ready. I always use dpns or a circular N for this since you can work fr both sides of the needle if you need to tweak a st or 2.

We had a nice sunny day here too...in small town Nova Scotia.

These socks are not the easiest "new knitter" project...I'm impressed.  I'm sure you'll do fine...but if you do have any hiccups...happy to help if I can.

Take Care ...... Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Danaw52 wrote
on Nov 9, 2011 9:45 PM

I'm having the same problem as others, ending p with more stitches than should be on some needles, less on others.

When I yarn over should that make a new stitch?

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS